Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

I've seen from the nerd3 videos that these characters will pop up occasionally and do things like recognise your characters at inopportune moments etc, seems interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

HebrewMagic posted:

Found a hotel manager with a loving negev at the very start that I wanted to recruit but he hated Dedsec, so I got the deep profiler. Find a hitman on his rear end. Go to wash out the hitman so he'll give us a shot, and catch up with the would-be killer walking WITH the manager I want, guiding him into an alley, as if to do the deed. My animal brain panics and abandons sneaking after this dude to put him down and just do it in the open air before going running for it and catching up with my recruit a block down the way. So I talk to him to get his actual recruitment mission... and he's been small time smuggling for Clan Kelley before they wanted him to move guns. He said no. I sincerely doubt the game's systems go deep enough for his mission to be tied to having a hitman after him like that, but drat if it isn't a loving cool coincidence.

This is exactly how the game ties missions to each other, it's a very clever system.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

So, I have a hacker that has Viral hacking (If you hold the button down it will also apply hacks to an AOE around it) and shock hack. Which means when I am fighting groups of dudes, I can shock hack the entire group. So far it's not failed to subdue everyone it's used on in large groups. Bit of a sleeper.