Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

I'm sad that Ron Rivera arguably ruined Cam Newtons career

The only part to argue about is how much blame goes to him vs. the organization as a whole.

Like imagine an offensive coordinator who used him half as well as Greg Roman uses Lamar.

Nah, let's just run him off tackle 10 times a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1320713726224379905?s=19

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

FizFashizzle posted:

It's one of the reason no one ever stuck up for Cam getting murdered. Stiff upper lip and all.

I just heard Torrey Smith on Sirius XM say he got fined 10k for retaliating on a hit on Cam Newton.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

He'll get a pittance of a fine and continue headhunting next week.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

pasaluki posted:

Maybe but compare that to the Cowboys basically being totally cool with letting Andy get killed .

Fair point. I hadn’t seen that

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Quiet Feet posted:

I want to frame this and hang it on my wall.

It belongs in a museum next to the painting of The Swinging Gate Play.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/Nate_Tice/status/1320471720440913920

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
i cant believe gronk isnt completely broken down

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mastershakeman posted:

i cant believe gronk isnt completely broken down

I think the loaded offense is keeping him young. He's not good enough to be a centerpiece like he was in new england, but you line him up with Evans and Godwin, with Jones and Fournette in the backfield...he's gonna produce.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I think it took him a few weeks to get back into shape considering he hadn't played in a year and there was no offseason. He's obviously lost a step or two but he still gets open and can just body up almost any defender and make the play. Plus he's a pretty good blocker.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I'm still skeptical. Brady fell off pretty hard at the end of the last two seasons. No reason to buy-in on him not doing that again this year

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

D-LINK posted:

I'm still skeptical. Brady fell off pretty hard at the end of the last two seasons. No reason to buy-in on him not doing that again this year

Fell off so hard they won a Super Bowl while erasing the Chargers and taking the Chiefs to OT at Arrowhead.

The problem with old QBs isn't that they fall off magically from throwing as the season goes on. It's that they get injured and can't easily recover anymore. That could certainly happen to him.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 26, 2020

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Arians isn't Bellichik

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Their win over the Rams had more to do with Belichick creating the 6-1 defense and solving McVays outside zone scheme than Brady.

Nov 6, 2002

D-LINK posted:

Arians isn't Bellichik

He's not a defensive guru but he sure as hell has put more weapons around Brady than he's ever had and that was what was missing from New England since the end of the 2017 season.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Bucs don't even need Brady to be great. They have a top 5 defense and just need to not make stupid penalties, which is the only thing to really slow them down this year.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Cheatin' Tom

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Cheatin' Tom

no one ever factors in the cheating except you and me it's bizarre

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Ehud posted:

I always factor it in. Cheating trash imo

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

The Bucs don't even need Brady to be great. They have a top 5 defense and just need to not make stupid penalties, which is the only thing to really slow them down this year.

I was going to say I wish our run game was a little better but going off of NFL.com it's actually pretty solid? I wouldn't have guessed that - averaging just over 4 yards a carry.

I'm pretty whatever on AB. I don't think Bucs need him and there's too much of a risk he comes in and fucks around. I hope that's not the case and he balls out but I also don't think a convo with Tony Robbins is what he needed to turn his poo poo around.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

Plenty of people do, they just don't bring it up every other post like you do

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a neat cape posted:

hey just PM me and let me know whatever I've done to make you bitch at me like this multiple times over the past few months

if it's just that you don't like my posts then put me on ignore lol

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

a neat cape posted:

??

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

I was going to say I wish our run game was a little better but going off of NFL.com it's actually pretty solid? I wouldn't have guessed that - averaging just over 4 yards a carry.

I'm pretty whatever on AB. I don't think Bucs need him and there's too much of a risk he comes in and fucks around. I hope that's not the case and he balls out but I also don't think a convo with Tony Robbins is what he needed to turn his poo poo around.

The run game was really coming around the past few games and Rojo had 3 straight 100 yard games but they didn't seem to run as much this week and just let Brady pick the Raiders apart.

At least they tied all the AB incentives to them making the playoffs and if he starts being a poo poo Arians said he'll be gone. Seems to be that he's being brought in for depth because look how bad the offense struggled with all the WR injuries against the Bears. Evans still isn't healthy but getting close. Scotty Miller and Brady have a good thing going so I don't think AB steals many snaps from him. If anything, I hope they use him as a third down back because Shady is washed as gently caress.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
you see how being mean to tom brady leads to petty infighting

instead lets all unite around celebrating tom brady

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Magicpants posted:

He rules

Nov 6, 2002

There is no way they will use AB as a back.

I will guarantee you he gets at least five passes thrown his way his first game.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I wonder how Mike Evans feels about it. And if AB does wind up getting more attention if he'll speak up. He's been particularly grumpy this year for some reason

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Magicpants posted:

HEY WAIT A SECOND

aren't you the same guy who...

Magicpants posted:

Y'all, I have made a mistake. The Pats were the bad guys the whole time, I see that now. I can no longer in good conscience root for such an evil team.

Go Bucs

YOU SON OF A BITCH!!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

I wonder how Mike Evans feels about it. And if AB does wind up getting more attention if he'll speak up. He's been particularly grumpy this year for some reason

This is all you need to know about Mike Evans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1vU0fq_eUU&t=837s

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Buccs signing Brown just seems like a bad idea with fairly limited upside.

An NFC East team should've signed him, that would've at least been funny.

Anyway, lol:

https://twitter.com/FO_ASchatz/status/1320750149296099328

Kalli fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 26, 2020

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
I'm sure everyone reading the thread knows, but I didn't see it posted: OBJ tore his ACL and is obviously out for the year.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

You can tell me if I’m wrong but it seems like Jones is doing a good job and they don’t necessarily need to add Fournette in there. But, I understand why they do.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

I can assure you it factors in automatically for me. Like using a base 10 system when counting, or that Aaron Rodgers will get the benefit of every ref call for all time.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

You can tell me if I’m wrong but it seems like Jones is doing a good job and they don’t necessarily need to add Fournette in there. But, I understand why they do.

Like wandler said, RoJo2 has definitely come on the past 3 games. I don't mind Fournette being in there, he's not going to be The Guy ever but he's good for a change of pace. It's been easy to forget Shady is on the team as well, he hasn't done a whole lot.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Kalli posted:

The Buccs signing Brown just seems like a bad idea with fairly limited upside.

An NFC East team should've signed him, that would've at least been funny.

Anyway, lol:

https://twitter.com/FO_ASchatz/status/1320750149296099328

Atlanta will probably split with the bucs and saints and also be their only remaining wins because the nfcs is loving bananas

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

Like wandler said, RoJo2 has definitely come on the past 3 games. I don't mind Fournette being in there, he's not going to be The Guy ever but he's good for a change of pace. It's been easy to forget Shady is on the team as well, he hasn't done a whole lot.

I honestly forgot about Dre Shady.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Elephant skin

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

In the season of COVID you can't have enough depth. Getting Fournette and AB at basically the minimum is fine. Plus the potential for comp picks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

It's hard to believe AB won't end up on the Commissioners' Exempt List again as more details during his upcoming trials come out. It might not matter much to the Bucs offense, but it would probably put AB out of commission in the comp pick formula.