Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

fsif posted:

Agreed I would prefer Brady were still there but this is still satisfying. Edelman throwing his helmet, Gilmore getting burned, a rotating cast of lovely QBs, every Pats fan all but declaring their allegiance to a different team immediately... lots of good to see if you look for it.

The pats offense looking like garbage is nice but yeah, I didn't think Gilmore would struggle but that is certainly a nice bonus to this mediocre Pats season

I believe the French have a word for it: schadenfreude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
It’s super satisfying seeing their fans become everything we’ve always said they were.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
It would have been beautiful to watch Brady struggle with these "offensive" "skill" "players", but Cam is apparently cursed and now that he's healthy he's stuck in an offense where Julian Edelman's jury-rigged corpse is his best receiving option, while Brady enjoys "retirement" throwing to 5-6 different guys who would be his #1 target in New England.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
This is pretty much what I expected.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I wonder what it even feels like to watch your team be lovely for the first time in TWENTY YEARS

Nov 6, 2002

It's pretty easy when you have twenty years of awesome games to remember and you kinda stopped caring about all the winning five years ago. After 2014 I was pretty satisfied. Everything else was the cherry on top.

Maybe if like the Jets were in the Bills position I might be annoyed, but I can't really work myself up about the Bills or Dolphins winning the division. In fact the Jets being so terrible is probably bringing more joy than that last Super Bowl run.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, pretty much. Hell during the Falcons superbowl I was posting like, awh it's pretty cool that Julio gets to win one, he's so good. I haven't even rewatched the second Rams one.

And Brady's right there just dominating, so that's really fun.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

please sad post

you guys are ruining our fun

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sorry, you aren't allowed to enjoy watching Tom Brady anymore. He plays for a different team.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif posted:

Sorry, you aren't allowed to enjoy watching Tom Brady anymore. He plays for a different team.

Mods can we make Pats fans watching Bucs a probatable offense?

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

Yeah, pretty much. Hell during the Falcons superbowl I was posting like, awh it's pretty cool that Julio gets to win one, he's so good. I haven't even rewatched the second Rams one.

And Brady's right there just dominating, so that's really fun.

I dunno about you but after 28-3 I kept thinking, 'well that was an unbelievable ending to a spectacular run that will never be duplicated, but it's gotta be over now, right?'

And then they went to two more Super Bowls.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Ehud posted:

please sad post

you guys are ruining our fun

There’s probably about 200,000 “real” NE fans who are buying Chiefs gear now you can enjoy.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Ehud posted:

I wonder what it even feels like to watch your team be lovely for the first time in TWENTY YEARS

Its fine, it feels like the old days in the pre bledsoe days that i used to watch

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

It would have been beautiful to watch Brady struggle with these "offensive" "skill"

that's exactly what happened last year and why he left

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/1320504403766308864?s=20

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I think Brady would still be there if Belichick wanted him and didn’t treat him like dirt.

He’s much better off where he is, at least until AB rips that locker room apart.

E: gently caress I just accidentally parroted Skip Bayless

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
And they’ll never get that perfect season now :smug:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sorry to continue the detail about Tom Brady in the AFC East thread, but it's worth noting that it is still obvious that he will turn back into dog rear end by mid-December.

Around this time last season we were worried that the Patriots would go 19-0 and he ended the season losing to the Dolphins and throwing a puck six in the postseason.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
heh suckaneers

more like, fuckaneers cause they're so loving good

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Y'all, I have made a mistake. The Pats were the bad guys the whole time, I see that now. I can no longer in good conscience root for such an evil team.

Go Bucs

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

Sorry to continue the detail about Tom Brady in the AFC East thread, but it's worth noting that it is still obvious that he will turn back into dog rear end by mid-December.

Around this time last season we were worried that the Patriots would go 19-0 and he ended the season losing to the Dolphins and throwing a puck six in the postseason.

He didn't really fall off. The schedule just changed and the team stopped facing a bunch of cardboard cutouts at QB.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

He didn't really fall off. The schedule just changed and the team stopped facing a bunch of cardboard cutouts at QB.

Yeah, he didn't fall off, all the receivers got injured / suspended / went crazy

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Magicpants posted:

Y'all, I have made a mistake. The Pats were the bad guys the whole time, I see that now. I can no longer in good conscience root for such an evil team.

Go Bucs

you can’t pick another team led by a cheater, op

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/1320467269533786116

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

torgeaux posted:

How badly did the fins beat the 49ers? I mean, it was a whooping, right? I figured the 49ers were just overrated, but the won the next week and looked good, and are winning now and look good. Could the fins have turned a corner?

There was a luck component, but they nailed the defensive game plan dead to rights. They killed outside zone, PA off of it, and slaughtered the protection scheme with about as good a game calling blitzes and stunts as you're going to see.

In Belichick's defense this week was the third time this season Shanahan has seen his scheme. I'm sure he had loads of run/PA concepts he had to shelve in the Miami game after trailing by multiple scores early, and he had ample opportunity to throw a bunch of new wild poo poo at him today.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Especially with the defensive opt outs I had high hopes but figured they'd probably be garbage. I do wonder if I'd be a bit more upset about how things are going if this year had not been quite so... this year.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Yeah belichick was pretty clearly trying to skate with his personnel especially on offense and try and get in the playoffs with 10 or so very ugly wins, even before getting cam. Then the opt outs kind of sunk the talent another level and we get what we’re seeing. Oh well, hopefully we’ll retool and come back next year, but like other pats fans are saying it’s Probably Okay for us to have less success for a bit. Let the wheat grow some so it’s ready to be reaped again

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
<<The Jets have been open for business over the past few weeks, but don't expect that to include QB Sam Darnold. At least, not this year. The organization may face a decision on Darnold this offseason depending on where it drafts, but a source says he won't be traded during the season. And though more than a few teams have called inquiring about DT Quinnen Williams, source said it will take much more than the rumored second-round pick for Gang Green to part with him. GM Joe Douglas will consider anything, but for a player as highly regarded as Williams, it's more of a question of, "How many second rounders?">>

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
At the end of the day we’re all just commodities to the people we work for, but it’s gotta feel weird as hell getting shopped around like that.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ehud posted:

Speaking as a lifelong Niners fan, it was terrible and I'm glad it's happening to the Pats.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Amy Pole Her posted:

<<The Jets have been open for business over the past few weeks, but don't expect that to include QB Sam Darnold. At least, not this year. The organization may face a decision on Darnold this offseason depending on where it drafts, but a source says he won't be traded during the season. And though more than a few teams have called inquiring about DT Quinnen Williams, source said it will take much more than the rumored second-round pick for Gang Green to part with him. GM Joe Douglas will consider anything, but for a player as highly regarded as Williams, it's more of a question of, "How many second rounders?">>

I changed my mind on Williams. They shouldn't trade him. He has been good enough that it makes me think if he gets a real coaching staff they can coach him out of the dumb penalties.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

mcmagic posted:

I changed my mind on Williams. They shouldn't trade him. He has been good enough that it makes me think if he gets a real coaching staff they can coach him out of the dumb penalties.

Yeah, the penalties, with some player exceptions, are coaching problems. The Jets have no discipline top to bottom.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I don't understand why Pats fans would be jumping off the bandwagon so soon. I'm ready to watch this team suck poo poo! I'm excited for it, even. 0-16 would be fun as hell

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

torgeaux posted:

Yeah, the penalties, with some player exceptions, are coaching problems. The Jets have no discipline top to bottom.

Speaking of penalties the Bills made the Jets look disciplined yesterday:

11 for 106 yards for Buffalo vs 6 for 49 yards for New York.

As long as defenses play Buffalo cover deep Cole Beasley ironically is the one player the Bills can't lose because he was just slashing the Jets underneath all game.

Hughes was rough in a few earlier games and was unblockable in the 2nd half. Also pretty good play from Oliver.

For the Jets Quinnen Williams was an impact player for once.

Nov 6, 2002

barnold posted:

I don't understand why Pats fans would be jumping off the bandwagon so soon. I'm ready to watch this team suck poo poo! I'm excited for it, even. 0-16 would be fun as hell

I don't think any TFF Pats fans are jumping off the bandwagon. I think expectations were always low for the fans in the forum, which is why we've mostly been pretty quiet. There's not much to discuss about this team. The problems are pretty obvious and were apparent before the season even started: A bunch of key opt-outs on defense, a putrid supporting cast on offense and giant question mark at QB all while facing a tough schedule. I had them pegged at 4-6 wins and I think that's where they're headed.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They just left the forums

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I don't think any TFF Pats fans are jumping off the bandwagon. I think expectations were always low for the fans in the forum, which is why we've mostly been pretty quiet. There's not much to discuss about this team. The problems are pretty obvious and were apparent before the season even started: A bunch of key opt-outs on defense, a putrid supporting cast on offense and giant question mark at QB all while facing a tough schedule. I had them pegged at 4-6 wins and I think that's where they're headed.

Yeah. I was surprised how good they looked for the first couple of games, but was happy to attribute it to Belicheck being real good. That's probably accurate, but more a case of him papering over the cracks than creating a bunch of silk purses out of sows ears.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Imagine mainlining heroin for 20 years and thinking that your first day or two of sobriety is the end of your withdrawal symptoms lol.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Cam had roni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Cam had fraudulence