Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dip Viscous
i got some peppermint tea over the holidays and now i can't stop drinking it all day every day

if i get peppermint poisoning it's worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dip Viscous
out of peppermint and back on my usual hibiscus so i just ordered half a kilo of hibiscus

Dip Viscous
if i can't decide between two things i mix them together in my big 20 oz insulated mug

not saying that i make good decisions or anything, that's just what happens

Dip Viscous
this is my favorite tea pot. sometimes i use it even if i'm using bagged tea because it's just fun to pour hot water into a tea pot.

Dip Viscous
coffee is just tea made from coffee beans

Dip Viscous

twoday posted:

lately I've been drinking rosehip and hibiscus tea

I just have a big jar of it and toss it in the cup

it sinks to the bottom so I don't even use bags or anything

nice

a bit sour

add a bit of honey, it tastes like flowers

same

it's even better if you fall asleep 2/3 of the way through drinking it and then drink what's left cold the next morning

Dip Viscous
confession: i've never had oolong

i just drink pg tips and a bunch of weirdo herbal teas

Dip Viscous
i made a 50/50 mix of earl grey and peppermint and it kind of tastes like toothpaste but in a really good way

Dip Viscous
unspecified white tea with some black licorice :3

Dip Viscous
sleepytime made me sleep like a baby all night but have the most intense, realistic dreams ever

to the point that i'd wake up, suddenly panic and spring out of bed realizing i'd forgotten about the text i'd gotten from my wife earlier that said one of her friends was going to need a lift soon because her car was in the shop and they needed a big load of groceries, then ten seconds later realize i've never been married

Dip Viscous
teasmade -> peesmade

Dip Viscous

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

400 grams of tea is a lotta nugs

i can smell this pic through the internet

Dip Viscous

Kith posted:

almost tempted to put both bags in the same mug. i have always wondered how that would work out

yes, combine. poo poo works every time.

Dip Viscous
everyone should own at least one teapot that's comically huge, covered in brown glaze, and very british looking

anyway i tried mixing chamomile and hibiscus and it was a very foolish move

edit: i'm talking about the kind of teapot that says BROWN BETTY on it and holds enough tea for a whole army

Dip Viscous
you will drink too much tea and you will wet the bed and you will be like "i should have expected that outcome"

Dip Viscous
sunday night on a saturday night is an AWESOME drink name

Dip Viscous
strongly considering some really sketchy looking puerh tea from amazon that comes in a big brick

Dip Viscous
does ballerina tea at least taste good before it makes your rear end explode?

Dip Viscous
drat... that's some tricky tea

Dip Viscous
there's also nothing wrong with making small servings in large pots by putting the leaves directly into the pot and then pouring very carefully after steeping

Dip Viscous
in the third level tea the bear wakes up in a stranger's house but still feels well rested

Dip Viscous fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Apr 10, 2021

Dip Viscous
for a fun time, search amazon for one star reviews on tea pots from people that say it cracked when they used it on their stove top

Dip Viscous

Dip Viscous
i'm sorry

i see entertainment in bad places

Dip Viscous
instead of letting my tea cool, i burn my mouth with it. i do this to reaffirm to myself that i am all that is man, then i flex so hard my shirt explodes off. i also add milk even though i dislike it, because i'm lactose intolerant and making GBS threads myself is funny.

Dip Viscous
i've never had problems drinking hot liquids like some people seem to, even right off the boil. i just drink it more slowly.

my best friend insisted that i was drinking things wrong for sipping slowly instead of just dumping 200F liquid straight into my mouth. he actually got angry about me not burning myself.

Dip Viscous
i'm in the united states and never see people add milk to tea, i've always thought of it as a completely british thing (even though it isn't)

i add a tiny bit of honey to chamomile sometimes

Dip Viscous
i just mixed hibiscus with whiskey and i feel like this needs a tea name more than a mixed drink name

Dip Viscous

brilliant

thinking about just mashing some flowers straight into the bottle and leaving it for a few weeks

Dip Viscous

This is one of the most rad teapots I've ever seen.

Dip Viscous
i don't get how it works, but water quality matters too. i moved from a place where the tap water was decent to a place where the tap water is incredibly hard and smells like ammonia and my tea went from not staining the mug at all to turning it solid brown after one cup.

Dip Viscous

that fukken teapot

the spout could go "BYOB!" if it wanted to

Dip Viscous
hibiscus tea and beef jerky is an incorrect combination

Dip Viscous
Even if you live alone and never interact with other people, the whole process of making tea in a tea pot feels really good. Everyone should do it sometimes.

Tea parties though? I dunno, Horatio is starting to care way too much about his opinions on oil based wood stain.

Dip Viscous

sorry but i just thought of this again

Dip Viscous

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I am drinking my tea....:siren:WITHOUT MILK:siren:

to this day i don't know if people drinking tea with milk in it is a real thing or it's a wind up that everyone but me on the planet is in on

Dip Viscous
i don't even hate it conceptually, especially with black tea, but it would make me absolutely NUKE the toilet later

Dip Viscous
if there was a teahouse near me i would basically live in it

Dip Viscous

aldantefax posted:

"away tea set"

really loving the idea of doing a picnic but instead of taking a lunch i take a car battery, inverter, electric kettle, teapot, and tea

no cup, i will drink straight from the pot while staring at a raccoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dip Viscous
i found a tumbler and a jar of blooming tea my mom got me like 15 years ago

i have no idea what it is beyond a hand written label that says "tiger", it sort of tastes like a mix of white tea and lotus even though it doesn't look like that

edit: and... jasmine?

Dip Viscous fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jul 15, 2021