Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoner Sloth

prepuce repurposed posted:

probably the most interesting aspect of 3 days of sleep deprivation from flea bites is when u go 2 get high...u don't feel high b/c ur already high on insomnia madness

I bet Stoner Sloth knows what I mean :morning:

no i've never had fleas! it's all lies!

haha yeah know what you mean about the sleep dep, though 3 days for me is just about normal. but feel you on the insomnia madness and not feeling high

more importantly i love this thread and all of the pets posted herein!!!

e: maybe we could sticky it and crosslink pets posted in the welcome thread?

that way there would be a BYOB resource of good pets to look at + would honor the memory of the very good cat who inspired the thread

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Oct 30, 2020

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

so many adorable pets; wesker looks so happy!! :3:

also thanks to al for stickying the thread!!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Stoner Sloth

Sid Vicious posted:

Okay everyone here is Tonka Bean on the way home to meet Ginger and they will be best friends and watch how I met your mother and stuff together

v cute rat friend :3:

voted 5 again for this thread, thanks for making it xcheopis!

(and thanks to al for stickying it so we have a dose of ultra awesome and cute pets to look at right at the top of BYOB!!)

Stoner Sloth

Lotron posted:

this is allen lumpagus

a good cat, nicely fluffy and excellent choice of colour + endearing expression. 5/5 at least!

Stoner Sloth

Lotron posted:

i cant wait for him to wake up and read this headline tomorrow

well when he does pls give him scritches and/or treats for me :3:

Stoner Sloth

Lotron posted:

look at all the different color dolgs C:

a rainbow of excellent pups

Stoner Sloth

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I will always post my pets, by the way.

thank you for sharing them, you have been blessed with some great cats!

Stoner Sloth

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Not my pets but just be aware that this Buddhist priest posts himself having breakfast with his cats every day.

https://twitter.com/nasu_chourakuji/status/1324124149338394624?s=21

good karma brings many cats

Stoner Sloth

xcheopis posted:

Well, I went looking for any pictures of Greggy that might have been scanned and saved but instead just found folder after folder of Hypatia+Tanuki kitten pictures and videos and, after yet another session of weeping, have decided to wait a bit before doing more searching. (I think I'm almost past the "wailing, sprinkling of ashes in the hair, and rending of sackcloth garments" stage)

Might do a Greggy bio at some point. His story does end sadly and too soon but he was the catalyst for me converting from "ha ha yeah man cats are cute and weird" into full-blown crazy-cat lady.

:glomp: i'm sorry xcheopis, i know that kind of loss feels raw for quite some time

1. would love to hear about Greggy when you feel ready to type up his story
2. when you're ready, at least you know you have lots of pictures of your friends to remember them by
3. sending you much love and chill vibes bud

Stoner Sloth

xcheopis posted:

I don't have many pictures of Kiku-san, a beautiful tortie who held all carbon-based lifeforms in contempt.

During her last days (terminal illness), a mouse managed to get into my apartment and she caught it! Her triumphant roars were muffled a bit during her victory parade but she was so happy. :3:

excellent cat, may she rest in peace. a very good girl.

Sid Vicious posted:

My dumbass dog Odin

gonna have to side with xcheopis on this, adorable little idjit at the very least!

Stoner Sloth

ChubbyChecker posted:

you people have the greatest pets

:3:

Stoner Sloth

Plant MONSTER. posted:

pointy ear small dogs are my favorite small dogs. I love pomeranians lol.

https://i.imgur.com/KM5p89R.mp4

my birdies love their greens

:3:

Stoner Sloth

TedHornsby posted:

Total snuggle bunny. She would come pull on your pants to tell you to sit on the floor and pet her. Those two loved each other.

:kimchi:

Stoner Sloth

xcheopis posted:

Tanuki loved taking naps with me.

Contentment:

such a handsome gent :3:

xcheopis posted:

"In addition to this, cats have been shown to have different sounding purrs depending on the situation. Purring sometimes seems to be a way for cats to signal their caretakers for food. This purring has a high-frequency component not present in other purrs. These are called solicitation purrs (when the cat is looking for something) and non-solicitation purrs (when the cat is not looking for something), and the two are distinguishable to humans"
I'm not sure I've ever heard a "non-solicitation" purr.

haha true

Stoner Sloth

FluffieDuckie posted:

roger wants to show you guys his new bed

YeahTubaMike posted:

good bed for a good dog

yeah top tier dog, please give roger pats and scritches and maybe a treat or two tia!

Stoner Sloth

xcheopis posted:

Kitten pics! January 2004, about two months after getting Tanuki and Hypatia

:kimchi: very excellent pics, extraordinarily excellent cattes

Stoner Sloth

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

this thread has a whole lot of good pets and people

:haibrower:

Stoner Sloth

cardinale posted:

Your friend is a good person :3:

also kitten v cute

Stoner Sloth

xcheopis posted:

He'd only been living inside for about six months and already mastered "sitting awkwardly in box'"!

a clever boy! that's quite an advanced technique!!

Stoner Sloth

some great chilling and sleeping pets! thanks friends, this cheers me up!!

Stoner Sloth

xcheopis posted:

:sigh:
Today I threw out Tanuki's favourite cardboard scratcher. My plan for today is to stay in bed and cry a lot.

:glomp: sending you much love and chillness friend, hope you can take the time to grieve and that you are feeling better soon.

Stoner Sloth

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Today is the 6th anniversary of when I got Dexter's diagnosis of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. I gave him the best few more weeks of his life I hope.

a great cat with a good owner, sending you chill and positive vibes and hope that you have many good memories of Dexter and that you have a good xmas

xcheopis posted:

He was a good cat and a cool dude. I loved the pictures of him being chauffered about town, such a spoiled boy. :3:

yeah this, and hope you have a rad one too xcheopis and sending you best wishes for a better next year! :glomp:

Stoner Sloth

cruft posted:

Everybody please say hi to Ruby!

She's probably 8 pounds sopping wet, and she loves destroying nylabones and licking my daughter's face. The dog shelter is a freaky place for any dog, but Ruby started wagging her tail for the first time after just a couple minutes in our house.

:3: what a cutie, Ruby sounds like a very best dog indeed!!

Stoner Sloth

thank you for sharing Ruby's story with us, and your home with such an adorable little dog :)

good to hear that she's settling in so well! and more pics of course always welcome!!

Stoner Sloth

prepuce repurposed posted:

(he got the carrot)

:peanut:

Stoner Sloth

cruft posted:

Confession time: in the process of writing up that post, I realized the dog in the surgery photo is a different dog.

Don't tell though. It's more interesting to think our dog is a spy with multiple aliases.

It seems there are a lot of stray dogs in Juárez. Kinda helps you understand what Bob Barker was on about.

friend, this just means that your dog is a good enough spy to have put out false leads and decoys to throw you off the scent

Stoner Sloth

xcheopis posted:

My word, look at all these beautiful pets!

Stoner Sloth

Achtane posted:

Also, baby geckosssssssssssssss

must be the season, i got a bunch of tiny baby geckos outside my house!

Stoner Sloth

Achtane posted:

Nice pose, Harriett

:swoon: positively regal

Stoner Sloth

Megabound posted:

Those are 2 different kinds of birds that like to come visit the house. The small peeps are from rainbow lorikeets, they're real pretty and noisy.

The other song is from a Currawong

They're very handsome and I believe have the prettiest song of any bird! I made this recording of a huge flock of them we walked past:
https://lm.las.com.au/downloads/Currawongs.mp3

These guys also like to visit the house, they're Sulphur Crested Cockatoos and very loud

hello fellow australian poster!

these are all v good birds. where i am we get lots of galahs and honey eaters as well as the lorikeets.

up until recently where i was living had black cockatoos as well as sulphur crested and rosellas too - lots of noisey parrots!

some folks complain but frankly i always loved being around bird song (well song is a generous term for parrots lol but still)

Stoner Sloth

Megabound posted:

Nice! Australian birds are all kinds of lovely. We also get magpies, crows, noisy minors, blue faced honey eaters, kookaburras, bush stone curlews and have a tawny frogmouth that lives close by.

Black cockatoos would be amazing but I've only ever seen one in the wild.

Speaking of Tawnys I saw one yesterday while out taking photos.

I love tawany frogmouths! Had a few of them around at various time. Magpies of course are always great - the ones where i lived were very friendly cause i'd saved a baby one from a swimming pool many years ago, amazing that they remember you and even bring their young uns around to learn who you are!

we got ravens here but everyone calls them crows (even the local football team lol) - same thing really i guess and they're great birds. kookaburras too, my old house had a bunch of them.

the black cockatoos are a lot more shy than the white ones - they don't let you get too close usually but they would come up from the local pine forest to sit in some pine trees we had. they'd do this in the hundreds and have a great time chewing up the pine cones and yelling at each other, lovely to watch.

we also had a bunch of little barn owls around, would always see them outside while having a smoke at night. great for keeping down the mouse population too

in conclusion birbs are great and thanks for sharing your awesome pictures with us!

Stoner Sloth

Teddy Thunders posted:

I feel like we might need a bird crew thread I am feeling a mighty season of bird looking coming on

this is a great idea - mostly got some old photos but could dig them up to contribute

hopefully i'll go fishing some time this year, would love to try and catch some shots of one of my all time favourite aussie birds: wedge tailed eagles!

even their nests are impressive as heck - you'll often see a lone tree in a paddock with this absolutely huge gently caress off nest made of small logs lol

Stoner Sloth

Teddy Thunders posted:

Buy that big cat an amount imo

:mods: pls let cat :justpost:

Stoner Sloth

Teddy Thunders posted:

Beans will loving cut you over any and all non-citrus fruit.

Citrus is a NO, NO THANK YOU, I SAID NO THANK YOU food.

yeah citrus seems to be a no thanks from most dogs lolTiger used to love eating lemons that had fallen off the tree and fermented though and would get quite drunk on them.

Stoner Sloth

Mormon Nailer posted:

Nature is cruel. Sometimes metal as gently caress, but cruel.

My friend's bearded dragon might come visit me for a week soon if friend has to go to the hospital for stuff, so I am a little excited because he's very personable and likes to chill with people.

hope your friend is okay but also that you get to look after bearded dragon cause they are chill and lovely

also Kobe Bryant (the snake) is adorable!! :3:

Stoner Sloth

Pleiadian Light posted:

This is Kacie, she's an African Grey

majestic! pls tell Kacie i said hi!

Kira looking lovely as always :3:

Mormon Nailer posted:

You've never interacted with a cephalopod. They're pretty gentle.

Stoner Sloth

Megabound posted:

Scoops being photogenic this morning

:3: beautiful

Stoner Sloth

City of Glompton posted:

she's so beautiful ❤️

Stoner Sloth

xcheopis posted:

You're just jealous that you aren't a lovely flying dinosaur. :colbert:

whom amongst us