Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid
https://twitter.com/OleMissFB/status/1323419067521265664?s=20

So Damarcus is apparently out of the hospital? This story is kinda confusing at this point. How do we go from "my kid doesn't have to play football for I have seen it's true horrors" to being released from the hospital in under 12 hours.

All that being said it's awesome that Damarcus is doing so well, and I hope that whatever happens with his football career Ole Miss does the right thing and honors his scholarship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007

Fifty Three posted:

That sounds like fantastic news. Hope he's actually okay and makes a full recovery and finds a way to get paid without playing football.

I've been wondering about how scholarships work in cases like this for a while- do kids who get cut from a team due to lack of football proficiency keep their scholarships?

Edit: I looked it up and apparently schools are outright prohibited from awarding multi-year athletic scholarships, just lmao

You will hear feel-good stories about schools honoring scholarships for players who get hurt or decided football isn't for them anyway, but I suspect that most of these kids lose their scholarships.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007

Scarf posted:

Oh neat, all 3 Directional Michigan Universities are playing tonight... figured it'd be a fun parlay.

The entire conference is playing today. If I remember correctly they're gonna kinda keep this schedule up for a week or two.