Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmond Dants0000
Sep 24, 2009

It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.
respect the beans, respect legumes, animals are the middle man in the protein chain, go straight to the source for maximum gains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

every time i think about this i think the vegans are mostly right but i also think i need to buy a hunting rifle and a deep freeze and just get my protein from venison. seems like probably the only ethical way to eat meat apart from like yard chickens or whatever

Segue
May 23, 2007

When I went vegan a year ago I realized most cultures have long traditions of vegan cooking due to poverty and lactose intolerance.

So now I cook mostly Indian and Chinese food and don't really have cravings for meat or cheese anymore. It's really not difficult. I used to eat meat for every single meal a few years ago and couldn't imagine how even vegetarians functioned..

Hell it's easier to get people to eat vegan than stop flying to tropical destinations multiple times a year which is objectively an easy luxury to give up.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
some curry sounds really good right now, anyone have a good recipe they could share maybe make it tomorrow

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Mayor Dave posted:

3. take one day off from meat a week - at the very least do one day without it, what's the worst that could happen

my variation on this is I've been trying to make sure we have at least 1 vegetarian meal a day. Sometimes that ends up being breakfast by default but if we do like eggs and bacon for breakfast I'll make it up later, like the other day i made veggie nachos for me and the kids and it was a hit

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 4 days!)

stop slamming your weights on the ground :argh:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Clarence Kennedy rules but he's also on a lot of gear

yeah but every elite athlete has done some cycles

either way juicing doesnt make you into an elite athlete, it just gives you a few extra percentage points along the margins

Peanut President posted:

stop slamming your weights on the ground :argh:

oly plates are made for that because a controlled descent from overhead to the ground with 186kg is impossible

baw has issued a correction as of 18:31 on Nov 22, 2020

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 4 days!)

baw posted:

oly plates are made for that because a controlled descent from overhead to the ground with 186kg is impossible

im hyperventilating

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

slamming your weights is 100% acceptable as long as you're lifting more than the person you're annoying and also if you're doing olympic lifts it's mandatory lol

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

gay_crimes posted:

im pretty sure anabolic steroids are synthesized from plants, furthermore once factory farming is abolished, we will need to repurpose all of the aas like trenbolone acetate that were developed purely for reducing birth to slaughter times down and improved feed efficiency in livestock. I think getting some geared up vegan muscle boys moving impressively heavy things would be a worthwhile repurposing, as very large and muscular bodies are something vegans and non-vegans alike can appreciate, though I may be doing an accidental fascism.

i mean that was Mussolini's whole deal, to the point that people kept trying to steal his corpse after, always posting shirtless and buff to promote fascism(i don't actually think you're a fascist)

as for veganism i do wanna travel down that road but i have two autistic sons with very picky eating choices. i flirted with vegan cooking before i became a dad though, and once they're a little older i might be able to cook only one meal a night for dinner instead of (disastrously) cooking a vegan and non-vegan dinner which lasted for a week before i burnt out.

good on you folks, i don't get the whole cover for ecofash thing because every vegan i've met is as or more leftist than i am

baw
Nov 5, 2008

jarofpiss posted:

like i know about clarence kennedy and that other strongman guy but i cannot imagine consistently eating 200g/day of protein from bean paste or whatever vegans are allowed to eat

clarence manages 150 grams per day without supplements, here is some info about his diet

with seitan and soy chunks you get a lot of variety, you can essentially treat them like meat when it comes to cooking and seasoning

matti
Mar 31, 2019

the crust punk meal

baw
Nov 5, 2008

tbqh clarence's meal doesnt look very good but any search for vegan junk food is gonna yield plenty of results, many containing protein

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?

Do it ironically posted:

some curry sounds really good right now, anyone have a good recipe they could share maybe make it tomorrow

What kind of curry are you craving, there are like a million different variants

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I eat a plant based diet and have done so for years. I can't remember when I stopped eating meat and dairy. I used to be big on the protein shakes and supplements but eventually I started to feel like poo poo. Recently I gave up on the shakes and I feel much better. My lifts haven't suffered at all (because they're still lovely).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Bump.