Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Segue
May 23, 2007

Honestly I've been vegan for over a year and a half now and it's really easy if you're not trying to replace non-vegan dishes with meat and dairy alternatives in some sort of frankenfood.

Most Indian and Chinese food is vegan, and you can easily check out Ethiopian, Mexican, Egyptian. It's a really new thing to eat meat every day and a lot of cultures don't eat dairy due to lactose.

For B12 I drink a lot of fortified soy milk since I still love creamy things, and use nutritional yeast for cheesy flavoured things.

It's been a slow transition for environmental reasons and I don't beat myself up if I slip up when out with friends. It's just one of those things like flying all the time that people can't imagine changing but when you do it's really not hard.

Be vegan, it's really easy and people get real loving defensive when called out about their lovely high consumption (environmentally or morally).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segue
May 23, 2007

When I went vegan a year ago I realized most cultures have long traditions of vegan cooking due to poverty and lactose intolerance.

So now I cook mostly Indian and Chinese food and don't really have cravings for meat or cheese anymore. It's really not difficult. I used to eat meat for every single meal a few years ago and couldn't imagine how even vegetarians functioned..

Hell it's easier to get people to eat vegan than stop flying to tropical destinations multiple times a year which is objectively an easy luxury to give up.