Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I’m vegan, haven’t missed animal products in a long time, I only pass out three or four times a day because of my b12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
humans can live without eating animals, fact. raising animals greatly contributes to global warming and destruction of the environment, fact.

I don’t argue about it with friends in real life, my take is basically you’re selfish and you’re fine with animals suffering if you eat meat. also our grocery bill went down as well anyone who says eating vegan is expensive doesn’t know what they’re talking about

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
just because you can’t solve everything doesn’t mean you shouldn’t solve anything why is this always the argument against veganism :shrug:

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
but if you don’t eat cows they’ll go extinct, how could you do that to cows!! *eats mcdonald burder farmed in Brazilian rainforest which has decimated animal species*

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Bot 02 posted:

actually the real reason i'm vegan is because i absolutely hate plants and i want them to suffer

I’m vegan because I like to tell people I’m vegan, ps I’m vegan

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
It's because the meat and dairy industry is incredibly wealthy and powerful and they get you young. I had someone recently who didn't know things like almond/soy/oat milk had vitamins and minerals in it (natural and enriched) like they just thought that these things were only in cows milk and if you didn't have milk at least once a day your bones would break

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I was never a cheese person before I went vegan but I can’t stand the vegan cheese it’s all just gross as hell to me my spouse likes it though

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
how my vegans doing? thinking about how awesome all y’all are

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
had to go to a mandatory funday Friday lunch where work bought everyone pizza and sides but I couldn’t eat anything, gently caress yeah

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

baw posted:

the social aspect of veganism is one of the toughest parts but real friends will make vegan stuff when they invite you over for food

this is true but I’m lucky my Canadian town of 125,000 people has 3 strictly vegan restaurants and most other places have multiple plant based options, we even have a vegan grocery store. not that I’m eating out but BC is mostly vegan friendly

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I mean ok you’re a vegetarian, you run/have/buy from a “cruelty free” farm whatever that actually means

so you forcibly impregnate your cow, its baby is male, what are you doing with the calf? once the cow stops milking you got to forcibly impregnate it again, oh another male guess you’re going to sell it off for veal like the first one. you’ve done this for almost a decade now the cow can’t have another baby, what are the chances you let the cow live out another 15 years of its natural life on the farm?

lots of animal cruelty even if you’re a vegetarian whether or not you pat yourself on the back for not eating meat

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
the whole reason they’re on the farm is to exploit and then kill them your hypothetical animals wouldn’t even exist if people didn’t eat/exploit animals I’m not sure what you’re getting at, are you saying it’s human’s burden to continue to propagate man made animal species? I mean, if the farmer just farmed plants there wouldn’t be animals to have it slightly better than being in the wild, which they wouldn’t be because they’re specifically bred breeds of species

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I like to imagine maybe a lot of the species which have gone extinct due to global warming and destruction of habitat would still be around, heck future extinct animals not going extinct as well would be a plus too

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I would imagine the chicken assumes the eggs will have babies and treat every egg like that though I am no expert in chickens and whether they know if an egg has been fertilized or not

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Don't chickens only lay eggs for a couple of years consistently but can live for potentially 10 years, you could accumulate a lot of chickens if you were feeding a family of 5 or 6 if you weren't getting rid of them when they were done producing

Also, dogs can live completely fine on vegan dog food heck I've been feeding my rescue dog natural balance vegetarian dog food (it's vegan) for years and every vet check up he's perfectly healthy and he has energy for days. I have no idea about cats I doubt they could be fed a vegan diet

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
you have to watch out for those evil vegans there’s literally tens of us

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

IAMKOREA posted:

source your quotes dog

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
it’s like they haven’t even read the definition of veganism

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
it’s not a false dichotomy lmao should be trying to achieve the least amount of suffering possible hope this helps friend

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
are we just going to ignore that huge swaths of land have been destroyed so we can raise more ruminants and to raise these ruminants we also have to grow plants to feed them? are you trying to tell me, and I’ll ignore the whole global warming problem, you trying to tell me that is more feasible than just growing plants? because I have to say if that’s your argument you’re wrong

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
they better watch out as we speak I’m organizing clandestine re-education camps where we will force everyone to not rape and murder animals, revolution is coming !

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
re-education is going to take a while though there’s only like 3-4% of us in British Columbia, we will get there namaste

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

gay_crimes posted:

im gay and i only eat insect cheese omelettes, therefore you and the rest of you v*gans are homophobic exclusionaries

edit: im gay

A vegan lotr meme but instead of fighting with juggalos it’s alcoholics

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
im vegan, give me all your b12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
some curry sounds really good right now, anyone have a good recipe they could share maybe make it tomorrow