Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I like to eat a hamburger as a little treat sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

"carnist" is the funniest word tbh

It's good to eat vegan at least once a week if you don't already because you either have to learn how to cook different stuff or you get to just stuff your face with chips and twizzlers all day

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

actionjackson posted:

I'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian, though I don't eat much dairy

"carnist" is not a word lol just say carnivore silly!

People who eat meat eat other things aside from meat, except for a small subsect of crazy people

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

gay_crimes posted:

A carnist isn't a carnivore though, and carnism is a useful concept in understanding humanity's relationship to animals and the current status quo.

carnist sounds like some waifish 16 year old went to a Goldfinger concert and then decided that there should be a word for people who eat meat that shows it's bad, like racism

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Twerk from Home posted:

those who have carnal knowledge of animals

Ah,

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

actionjackson posted:

For whatever reason I've never had the urge for a "meat taste" or whatever after switching over

like the whole "fake meat but it 'bleeds' so you feel like it's real meat" is so bizarre to me

If you're already vegetarian, it's not for you. It's for people who want to eat less meat, like any other faux-meat product, except this is closer to the sensation of eating an actual burger.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

actionjackson posted:

I do have a need for savory tastes sometimes but I just add salt to stuff haha

Eat a mushroom

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

baw posted:

question for a friend are pubes vegan

Cum is technically vegan but not if the person didn't want to cum in some sort of bdsm bondage situation, I was told by a former roommate

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

The moment someone brings some plants show negative response to being harmed into a conversation about veganism is when you know its about to get real stupid

When you hit rocks hard enough they fall apart, so perhaps rocks do not like being hit

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Thinking of eating vegan another day of the week more than I was before. Maybe adding in another vegetarian day I guess.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

A fun thing to do with hummus is to eat it

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Bot 02 posted:

:agreed:

I don't get leftists who aren't vegan. Like what foundation do you base your leftism on that wouldn't also naturally lead to veganism?

The social aspect of food and drink is a huge part of the lives of most people and I'm not going to stop drinking wine with friends just because I want everybody to have their needs taken care of

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Colonel Cancer posted:

Whats the threads take on animal liberation movements

On one hand forcing a wild animal like a catte to live with you and be your friend is no different than house slavery, but on the other hand whenever I see a doggo I like to point at it and say "puppy!" if it's heckin cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Clarence Kennedy rules but he's also on a lot of gear