Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019
Are you vegan? If not, why? loving seriously, why? The animal agriculture industry is pure evil.

80 BILLION land animals PER YEAR are MURDERED, after spending traumatic lives in fear, pain, and sadness. If you use animal products, you approve and are complicit. IT IS SO EASY TO NOT USE ANIMAL PRODUCTS. You buy plants and if you have money purchase vegan alternatives which are super loving good. That's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019
This is not a left or right wing issue, but, if you are left-wing: you are not egalitarian; if you are right-wing: you are loving weak, if not vegan.

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019

endlessmonotony posted:

Whatcha gonna do about the consumption of filter feeders like molluscs or herrings?

Or about the whole B12 problem which we do have an answer for assuming global cooperation. We won't have that cooperation.

you're right, gently caress it.

Twerk from Home posted:

serious posting

I’ve been vegetarian for years now. I eat eggs and cheese. is there a humane way for us to make milk/cheese? I believe we can have ethical eggs where the chickens are basically really dumb pets, but what about milk production at scale?

I guess we could just supplement b12 but eggs/yogurt/cheese make long term vegetarian nutrition way easier for me

I don’t live on cheese, we eat mostly roasted or pressure cooked root vegetables

This is about a billion times better than eating meat and dairy every day for every meal, but its still not good. I don't think there is a way to eat dairy ethically.

Even if your farm was perfect, you would still be normalizing the consumption of dairy, which will inevitably produce the current situation. IMO eating any animal products should be very taboo.

If you're buying dairy, its impossible. I was a vegetarian for a long time, but I've come to realize that dairy is in some ways worse than meat. Not only are the animals are still slaughtered when they can no longer produce, you are treating their sexual reproductive system like a machine, so their lives are longer and more painful.

Zeno-25 posted:

If i'm forced to live in hellworld no one will ever take my delicious meat from me, even if I have to raise it myself just like my delicious garden vegetables

If you were to make biblical hell incarnate, it would pretty much look like a factory farm. Saying lol I live in hellworld is like quoting harry potter or some poo poo. Find pleasure that doesn't involve torturing innocents or get into BDSM.

Oolb has issued a correction as of 06:24 on Nov 1, 2020

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019

Crane Fist posted:

So this is a bit, right? You're doing the stereotypical dickhead vegan loudmouth thing to own PETA or something

um excuse me this is cspam, aggressive dickhead is the fashion. leftists talk so much game about the cool social trends but ultra clutch pearls at animal rights, and its like uh, its an insanely huge moral crisis. and then we get all these...

when its suggested they take action or when people are loving angry. also goddamn at "anti-fur lunatics".

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019
The Beyond Meat products are insane, even non-vegans love em, somehow. It weirds me out a little though.

When are we going to get Beyond Human?

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019
The new cookbook's in, I'm going to make some vegan cheeses and Heil Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019
CSPAM: We must remake the earth, philosophy, civilization, and the mind itself immediately if humanity is to survive another ten years, death to liberals, kill all cops.

also CSPAM: I rape and kill animals three times a day because it kinda makes me cum, no I will not stop I'm literally controlled by the Illuminati.