Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
2020 has been an incredibly disruptive year for almost every single person around the globe. Money will certainly be tight for a lot of people but I’d like us to continue the great AI Secret Santa tradition.

AI is an incredibly supportive, welcoming and diverse place as far as car forums are concerned. As I have battled with mental health issues this year I have recieved kind messages of support that have really touched me. I know that there are others who would share this feeling. To me, AI:SS is a great way to celebrate our wonderful community and stengthen the bonds between our members.

Important Dates:
Monday, November 16th - REGISTRATION CLOSED.

Tuesday, November 17th - All pairings will go out by the end of day.

Friday, December 6th - Ship-by Date: Ideal ship-by date. PLEASE do everything you can to have your gift on its way on or before this day. International may require earlier shipping.

Sunday, December 22nd - Deadbeat Cut Off: If you have not provided proof of shipping by this date, you will be considered a deadbeat and will be banned. No bans for late gifts, simply supply the proof-of-shipping and you’ll be fine

How do I sign up?
----------------------------------------------------------

Please fill out the google form located at the link below. This form will significantly reduce the admin burden on me.
Once you have filled out the form, please post in the thread using the following template
I am NOT including a preferred shipping destination this year. I believe we are all smart enough to figure out how to get a gift to someone around the world using local online retail etc. If you are really struggling or have a special request, please include this in the comments section
I am going to RANDOMLY allocate matches this year. You may get last year’s santee. Have fun with it!

FILL THIS OUT FIRST -------> https://forms.gle/LrmiPc2Z9GJrYacu6 <--------

In order to make it easier to pick gifts that suit your santee, I have created a more comprehensive “template” for people to use. Please copy/paste the following and alter it to suit your needs.

slothrop

My vehicles: 2002 Corolla Hatchback
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: A good pick/hook set
Something small I would really like: your dick, exotic snacks
Hobbies: bad jokes, cooking
Shirt size: no more shirts thank you
Food Allergies: none
Junk/No Junk: NO JUNK
Comments: Love things that are local to your area, food or snack/shot glasses/novelty teaspoons and postcards
A local merchant option: Amazon Australia
Dicks/No Dicks: Inside packaging only thanks

------------------------------------------------------

Comments on the above:

Do not have unrealistic expectations about what you may receive. This is a nice guide to help your Santa out, not a wedding registration.
Junk is defined as: Tacoma water pump gaskets, other assorted broken automotive ephemera, 16 gearboxes welded into the best sex robot that hillbilly engineering can achieve. You get the idea.
Dicks/No Dicks: Refers to artwork or other gift wrapping of the gift. Consider it a NSFW/Family filter.

Sending your gift

In addition to the template above, you may wish to refer to your Santee’s post history/threads to choose a gift. I have included a list of suggested items in the post below this one if you are struggling for ideas. I am happy to add to this if you have any further suggestions.

Please bear in mind postal systems around the world are overwhelmed due to COVID. Please plan accordingly. One of the best options is the “hybrid” method of buying something for you Santee using a local-to-them Amazon or other online retailer and then mailing them a letter. This is not a necessity, but may be helpful in keeping costs down in terms of shipping as well as getting gifts to Santee’s promptly. If you live near your match, you can even deliver in person! Cat Interceptor did this for me and I was a super weirdo!!! Classic Goon.

It has been traditional in the past to include a personalised letter with your gift. Please consider sending this as well via snail mail. We’ll all excuse you if it arrives after your gift does. Perhaps include a note with your Online Retail order indicating that a letter is incoming.

Please feel free to super creative with your letter, or your gift, if you are close enough to your Santee. I’ll be awarding a prize for the most creative letter/gift, decided by participants.

Receiving your gift

You may wish to wait until a letter arrives, if your Santa has been able to indicate one is on the way. I understand the holidays are a busy time for us all, but please make an effort post to thank your Santa and give a walkthrough of your lovely gift. I will also be awarding a prize for best gratitude/effortpost.

Enticements/Bribes
----------------------------------------------------------

As a way to encourage more participation outside of North America, I am offering the following enticements:

The first six Australians to send me a confirmation of their gift being shipped to their santee will receive a high quality 700ml bottle of Single Malt Scotch, an ~AU$80 value per bottle. I am not loving around.

The first two New Zealanders to send me a confirmation of their present being shipped will receive a care package from Griffins.

If anyone is able to help in other parts of the world, particularly the UK(RIP), with a similar offer, that would be wonderful.

I’d also like to increase the total number of participants. As a way to encourage people to get involved, I’m happy to offer up a AU$5 donation per AI’er who participates. This will be given to a charity that can be decided by AI. If anyone is interested in contributing to this donation, please feel free to contact me at slothrop.ai@gmail.com with the subject line: Donation

At this stage, I am going to suggest something mental health related. I have had some extensive struggles with mental health this year and I know there have been others in AI who have also. I’m very happy to entertain other ideas.

I’d also like to solicit for donations of gift vouchers or other easily posted items to offer as prizes. I’d like to offer prizes for the following

the first participant to send their shipping confirmation to me
the ‘People's choice’ for creativity
the first person to post a quality walkthrough of their gift when it is received

If anyone can help with vouchers etc please email to slothrop.ai@gmail.com with the subject line: Prizes

Sorry for the big wall of text! I’d just like to make this a great AI:SS and bring a little joy into the lives of the wonderful folks here in AI.

IMPORTANT INFO
--------------------------------------------------------------

Proof of shipment rule

-No proof and your santee doesn't get a package? You're a deadbeat. When you ship your gift, you must provide proof of shipment. slothrop.ai@gmail.com with the username of the person you're buying for and the tracking information. If anything goes pear shaped, at least we can figure out where. If you live near your santee and want to drop it off yourself, email me and tell me that you did.
-You must provide proof of shipment before the deadline. Please put the tracking number in your email. If you do not have a tracking number, you must EMAIL me a photo/scan of the shipping receipt.
-If you hit any speed bumps, have any questions, or need anything at all you can email or PM me.

Accepted types of proof
- Tracking number from UPS, Fedex, USPS, Canada Post, whatever
- Photo or scanned image of your shipping receipt with your username written on it. Most receipts have the zip code of the recipient, so this is how I will check these.

Gift cost
-If your santee is open to receiving junk, please exclude the cost of any junk from your budget
-Try and keep your gifts in the $20-40 range. Make sure you account for shipping costs. If you can't afford a gift plus shipping, please don't register.
- Please do not spend stupid amounts of money on gifts for someone on the internet. Unless you're incredibly wealthy, have some sort of personal relationship with them, or it's loving hilarious and fills you with joy to send
- If you will be moving or traveling a lot during a gift time, please say so in your email and/or post so that I/your santa knows when and where is the best time to send your gift.

If you have ANY questions, concerns or anything you need at all. Please PM or email me!
Donations of empathy, the spirit of forgiveness or the milk of human kindness for facilitating AISS are welcome!

AI:SS EMAIL = slothrop.ai@gmail.com

slothrop fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Tool/Gift suggestions

Fermented Tinal posted:

Neji-saurus pliers from Engineer, or Vampliers, which are just a rebrand, are really great pliers and available in a few different sizes and configurations. They're a fairly inexpensive tool and a great AISS gift imo.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Engineering pliers - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NBSVYOY
Locking adjustable wrench - https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00009OYGZ
WERA screwdriver set - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001HSNHM2
Anything WERA is nice, if there's time you can usually get it cheaper via Amazon UK/Germany if you have free prime shipping

edit:sorry looks like these are all around the $30 mark

Liquid Communism posted:

I use both vampliers and Wera ratcheting drivers at work, and they're great.

bolind posted:

Reverse Logic Ltd. has good stuff, but in particular log bolt guides that are godsend for heavy wheels on vehicles that use lug bolts instead of log nuts.

Just don't do what my mate did and leave one in, while the car is on the lift, right at forehead height.

OSU_Matthew posted:

I forgot how expensive these things are, but Knipex Adjustable Pliers are a gift to mankind.

Closer to the price range, Wera Kraftform Screwdrivers are a revelation of just how good screwdrivers can be

Within the price range, a set of grease pencils is always a useful buy, or a decent rechargeable headlamp. Rare Earth Magnetic Hooks are stupid useful as well as magnetic parts trays. A high quality pair of Wiss Scissors will never go amiss.

The iFixit Jimmy Spudger is hands down one of my favorite tools.

A high quality tape measure is always appreciated. Same for high quality drill bits and assorted impact driver bit set.

If I think of anything else here, I’ll post it in!

StormDrain posted:

These "long reach" needle nose pliers are my jam.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Crescent-X2-Long-Reach-Pliers-Set-2-Piece-PSX204C/205155920

I just got a tiny Wiha bitholder which is excellent. Put it to use on day one.

Magnets. Magnets on sticks. Loose magnets. Long reach claws. "Old Man's Grabber" claws.

A roll of velcro. https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/electrical/race-ways/hook-and-loop-fastener/hook-n-loop-tape-fasteners-black-3-8-inch-x-75-feet

Also soft tool bags, to complete the gift.

MrOnBicycle posted:

IIRC, buying the German tool brands and shipping to the US from amazon.de is cheaper than to buy from amazon.com.

powderific posted:

I love the Streamlight Microstream as an everyday flashlight. It's the perfect size and brightness, and just having one setting makes it a lot handier (to me) than some of the fancier ultra bright whatever lights with 10 settings and SOS mode. The single AAA batter lasts quite a while, and it's cheap enough to not be too much of a bummer if you lose it: https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/streamlight-66318?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=surfaces

slothrop fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 23, 2020

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Flaunting the rules and posting before I submit the form so I can find my userid easily :v:

ephphatha
My vehicles: Various bicycles, 2010 Ford Focus, DRZ 400
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Most commonly use: 2-10mm allen keys/hex drivers, wish I had: the same set in 1/4" drive so I can use them with my small torque wrench without a driver bit adapter.
Something small I would really like: your dick, failing that, art or models?
Hobbies: cycling, video games, programming
Shirt size: M or slim L
Food Allergies: Coeliac; gluten, oats and dairy are no bueno
Junk/No Junk: JUNK
Comments: Garage art, stickers, junk would be great. I'm pretty well set for tools (except what I've mentioned above) but if there's something weird you're fond of that could be interesting.
A local merchant option: I don't have any suggestions unfortunately, I try to avoid amazon personally but you can do whatever is easiest.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

drat dogs woke me up barking at a coyote

Mustache Ride
Vehicles: 2016 GTI, 1976 Scout II
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: a good pair of automotive wire strippers
Something small I would really like: dunno, a weird flag for the garage wall?
Hobbies: wtf this is my hobby?, tractoring, home repair, electronics, board games
Shirt size: 2 doubly fat
Junk/No Junk: no junk food, send junk, it'll go in my trunk
Comments: if you're going to send me something from your area it better have alcohol in it
A local merchant option: preferably nothing from jeffy jeff
Dicks/No Dicks: dick away

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Nov 1, 2020

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Fermented Tinal
My vehicles: 2019 Kia Forte, 1976 Toyota FJ45 Land Cruiser, 1988 Toyota Pickup (Hilux)
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: I like tools.
Something small I would really like: Stickers, candy, anything neato
Hobbies: shitposting
Shirt size: XXL
Junk/No Junk: No Junk? What? This is an OUTRAGE! I give junk, and I drat well expect to receive junk.
Comments: Honestly I don't really have any preferences or requirements for what I am given, whatever you do will be amazing and great, unless it's a turd, please don't send me a turd.
A local merchant option: Not really anything local that's less expensive than online, please avoid giving money to Bezos if you can.
Dicks/No Dicks: vOv

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Alright, I'm in.

Safety Dance
My vehicles: None, since I moved to NYC. I do have a Gazelle NL e-bike.
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: a better-than-Craftsman ratchet wrench. Decent soldering iron.
Something small I would really like: Cool flashlight / pocket knife / multimeter
Hobbies: Cycling, once my leg heals. I've been getting back into SF/F books. I like dumb little Arduino / Raspberry Pi projects. Photography.
Shirt size: No shirts plz
Food Allergies: None. I will eat whatever dubiously edible gas station snacks you send.
Junk/No Junk: Junk, as long as it doesn't contain spiders
Comments: I live in a tiny apartment and don't have as much room for hobbies as I would like. Also I can't use my left leg until January.
A local merchant option:
- B&H Photo Video: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/
- Kinokuniya books: https://usa.kinokuniya.com/
- Adafruit: https://www.adafruit.com/
- Sockerbit: https://sockerbit.com/
- Bonbon NYC: https://www.bonbonnyc.com/
Dicks/No Dicks: Tasteful dicks plz

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

nadmonk
My vehicles: 2005 Saab 9-3, 2008 BMW 335i, 1968 Chevrolet C10, 1988 Toyota 4Runner
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: I tend to use and demolish picks / hooks a lot.
Something small I would really like: Matchbox / Hot Wheels cars are always great.
Hobbies: Mountain biking, hiking, camping, hammering on my cars, reading if I could find the motivation, the occasional video game.
Shirt size: L
Food Allergies: None.
Junk/No Junk: Junk is fine.
Comments: I'm up for anything, except no Petoskey stones. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that I have plenty.
A local merchant option: Not a ton local with a solid online presence.
- Between the Covers book store: https://www.facebook.com/btcbookstore/
- Sturgeon River Pottery: http://www.sturgeonriver.com/
Dicks/No Dicks: Dicks are fine.

nadmonk fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 1, 2020

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Toplitzin
Vehicles: 98 Civic LX, 02 WRX, 07 S60R, 07 Camry
Shirt size:3xl
Tool I wish I had: decent soldering iron
Allergies: None
Small things I like: hot wheels, snacks, non hoppy beers, regional sauces(hot/bbq)
Hobbies: cooking, baking/ (:420: and meats), video games, woodworking.
Junk: what the gently caress does AISS No Junk even mean?
Dicks: All genitalia are acceptable

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Aw hell yeah thanks Slothrop!

Mr. Wiggles
My vehicles: 2012 Mazda2, 2020 Hyundai Ioniq, 1983 Chevrolet El Camino, 2013 Yamaha Super Ténéré.
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: 10 mm sockets and box wrenches oh Azura why do I lose so many 10 mm sockets and box wrenches.
Something small I would really like: Stuff unique to your local area - I think it's super cool to see what exists in other places.
Hobbies: Being a podcaster/radio host, making cocktails, medieval combat (for serious).
Shirt size: US men's large
Junk/No Junk: Yes, but please keep it smallish. My pile of used brake discs/V8 powered blenders/5-ton axle assemblies/etc. has gotten a little out of control and my HOA is starting to make noise.
Comments: I love clever things - stickers, art, unique liquors, books, etc. All is cool.
A local merchant option: https://www.cyclegear.com/ ? For as cool as Vegas is, there's not a lot of cool car/biek related stores around here.
Dicks/No Dicks: All reproductive organs all the time! As long as they're inside.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Big Taint
My vehicles: '02 M5, '01 740iL, '99 Express free candy van, '99 E320 wagon, '74 Alfa (in pieces), and a bunch of stupid boats
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: a brain
Something small I would really like: I'm a slut for stickers of all types, yes I am a manchild
Hobbies: shitposting, stress eating, compulsive shopping
Shirt size: large
Food Allergies: none (I'm a spice wimp so don't send ghost pepper sauce)
Junk/No Junk: if it weren't for junk I'd have nothing
Comments: I did a real :effort: gift last year, gonna try to be better
A local merchant option: Miette Bakery makes the best loving gingersnaps omg
Dicks/No Dicks: Inside genitalia only please

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Turbo Fondant (aka NumbersMatching320 aka Tommychu)
My vehicles: 1977 BMW E21, 2000 GMC Sierra, 2008 Volvo C30
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: uh idk, mostly set for tooling unless you've got something real cool in mind
Something small I would really like:Local and/or homemade snacks are always rad, stickers/posters/garage ornament type stuff, maybe some hot sauce?
Hobbies: cooking/baking, fishing, audio/muzak, cars (obvs)
Shirt size: 2xl
Junk/No Junk: Junk
Comments:silly/funny/:stonk: stuff is awesome as long as you don't go full yospos
A local merchant option: Princess Auto? idk, amazon.ca works too
Dicks/No Dicks: :dong:

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 15, 2020

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

McTinkerson
My vehicles: 2006 RX-8, 2015 F-150, 2017 Macan, 2019 Duke 390, 2003 Vespa ET2, 1977 CB400F
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Good set of pliers & T-handle Allen keys
Something small I would really like: Can never go wrong with hot wheels & Mfg promo swag. Will echo the local / home made snacks as well.
Hobbies: Die hard bannerman of house Wankel. Getting back in to R/C cars, 3d printing, long time member of TFR
Shirt size: No shirts but all other clothing welcome
Food Allergies: None
Junk/No Junk: All of the junk
Comments: The weirder / out of left field, the better.
A local merchant option: KMS Tools / Amazon.ca
Dicks/No Dicks: Bring it on. https://www.facebook.com/gizfabs/posts/2675427876041733

McTinkerson fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Nov 12, 2020

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
the spyder
My vehicles: 1973 240z, 1978 Porsche 911, 1993 Mazda Rx7, 1997 F150/2000 F250, 2001 BMW 325xi.
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Let's be honest, I have way too many tools. But tool or car flags/signs are an awesome addition to the shop.
Something small I would really like: Awesome snacks are always appreciated!
Hobbies: Bee Keeping/Gardening/Camping
Shirt size: XL
Junk/No Junk: JUNK, as long as it's small that I can put on display
Comments: I would love an old license plate from your state/country!
A local merchant option: Amazon USA

the spyder fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 2, 2020

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Krakkles
My vehicles: 2000 Jeep Cherokee (I have a mustang, but not for long)
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: A good pick/hook set, those weirdly name japanese pliers that get recommended, any weird gizmos/specialty tools
Something small I would really like: coffee, hot sauce, candy/treats/snacks
Hobbies: Welding, Computers, Gaming (switch/xbox), being a parent
Shirt size: 6T for a 5 year old girl
Food Allergies: none relevant (I'm allergic to hot sauce but gently caress you, body, I'll do what I want)
Junk/No Junk: Probably no junk. "Junk" like sza's firebird of doom blown engine keychains, I'm totally into. Broken stuff that I can't let my five year old play with or display without too much shame, not so much.
Comments: Love foods/snacks that are local to your area, stickers for toolboxes, weird tool things
A local merchant option: Amazon.com although Bezos is evil. I'm in a major metropolitan area of the US, so any major retailer should be able to get to me.
Dicks/No Dicks: Please no - I plan to open this with my 5 year old, and assuming she isn't traumatized, she'll maybe feature in the trip report.

edited because y'all had some good ideas

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 7, 2020

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Freelop
My vehicles: 2019 Honda Civic, 2004 Mini Cooper (Technically Mrs. Freelop's)
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Small sidecutters
Something small I would really like: Exotic snacks always nice
Hobbies: Gaming (board and video), music, reading, just started homebrewing
Junk/No Junk: Junk is cool, especially if there's a story
Comments: Love things that are local to your area, food or snack/shot glasses/novelty teaspoons and postcards <local stretched to "country"
A local merchant option: Amazon UK
Dicks/No Dicks: NSFW is fine

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

STR
My vehicles: 2003 Subaru Outback wagon (base model), 2005 Toyota Matrix (extreme base model), The Subaru is my daily, Toyota is a backup that I got when ex got a new car (I really don't drive it much, maybe once or twice a month... there's some title issues). I should probably drive the Toyota more, it's overall in better shape except for paint and headlights (they're pretty much opaque). Just hard for me to drive 3 pedal these days (stupid knees) and I'm used to stuff like power windows/locks.

The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Lowe's Kobalt line of sockets/wrenches are pretty drat durable, HF is decent. Don't really need more tools at the moment except for maybe some backprobes and decent heatshrink. Or the cheapest analog multimeter possible.

Something small I would really like: keychains, stickers, postcards. Stuff that seems stereotypical tourist for your area. Also hot sauces that aren't easy to find nationally.

Hobbies: Trying to get back into photography (digital, I'm set on the camera side, some Lightroom presets would be amazing tho!), would like to get back into jogging and biking soon. Sperg-like fascination with retail in general for some weird reason.

Shirt size: Men's large

Junk/No Junk: ALL THE JUNK. I like getting broken poo poo. Seriously.

Comments: Things local to you. Last time I participated I went to a mall store that was specifically Texas themed trinkets and hot sauces, and sent them to my victim santee (along with some personal touches). I dig hot sauces, but I've lost a lot of my :supaburn: tolerance - so if someone sends something insanely hot, I guess I'll have to do a homemade version of Hot Ones and film it for you guys. Ancient computer hardware or obscure software is always a plus.

A local merchant option: Amazon US, Harbor Freight (the 2 up north are easy for me to get to, the south one is a hike), Fry's Electronics (there's a ghost ship Fry's in Austin that has a couple of zombies shuffling around), Altex is also local to me.

Dicks/No Dicks: Go hog wild on the inside of the packaging. I don't want to weird out my letter carrier too much yet.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Nov 15, 2020

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

IOwnCalculus
My vehicles: 1970 GMC C10 with 2000 Camaro LS1 swap, 1972 Opel GT garage art, 2002 Wrangler TJ with 4.0/NV3550/8.8 swap, 2018 GMC Canyon diesel
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: I think I'm pretty well set on tools at the moment? I'm at the point where I'm losing track of what I've got because it's organized like poo poo.
Something small I would really like: If you're not US-based (or if you have something awesome in mind), candy. And stickers to keep plastering my garage storage in.
Hobbies: 3D Printering, offroading, computer janitoring
Shirt size: 2XLT, which is pretty much nonexistent unfortunately
Food Allergies: No allergies, don't like booze though so drink anything giftworthy yourself
Junk/No Junk: gently caress YEAH JUNK
Comments: Love local-to-you stuff, Hot Wheels / other model/toy cars, stickers, off-the-wall poo poo
A local merchant option: Phoenix area, can't think of any actual local business that make anything appropriate for AISS. Pretty much every national retailer exists here.
Dicks/No Dicks: Inside packaging / with some form of NWS warning so I can keep my ever-so-inquisitive 8yo child from getting a faceful of things she should not be seeing.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Filling this out first for easy user ID too.

Hondawhisperer
My vehicles: 2017 BRZ, 90 Civic hatch, 96 civic coupe, 07 accord.
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: pretty set on tools, but I love metal fab stuff.
Something small I would really like: alcohol, anything local to you that's interesting or has a story, anything weird to hang on the wall of a garage.
Hobbies: cars, cooking, homebrew
Shirt size: xl
Food Allergies: none
Junk/No Junk: I really want your junk
Comments: I'm easy, hate supras for a comedy option, road racing rules.
A local merchant option: amazon usa
Dicks/No Dicks: Inside packaging only thanks

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
My vehicles: '15 GMC 2500HD, '07 Fit, '98 Jetta TDI, 15' plywood skiff with a 15hp Mercury 4-stroke
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: A larger lathe... but that's hardly appropriate for AI:SS. I'm always looking for oddball tools. Parallel-jaw pliers, double-X pliers, any of these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cQcFsb_5Jc Obligate 10mm socket request, especially mid-length or flex. Used is fine, I'm no tool snob.
Something small I would really like: Something fun and original, Gnarly Charlie's backlit hubcap is hanging in my shop to this day. One day, I'll put a clock movement in it, but it's nice as it is.
Hobbies:I build underwater camera systems which consume 90% of my time. When I get the chance to take a break, I like SCUBA diving and food. I have several 3D Printers, and enjoy them, although they're mostly for work. VWs are a lifelong passion. Diesel engines, too.
Shirt size: I've been wearing the same self-imposed uniform for over a decade, which doesn't involve T-shirts. XL if you must.
Food Allergies: No fin fish. Other than that, I'm down for whatever. Local snacks will not go to waste. I don't drink (not a tea-totaller, but one drink every couple months), so alcohol is not a great idea.
Junk/No Junk: Junk me, bro.
Comments: Stickers are cool. Any oddball electronics are fun. I'm getting back into shooting, so any Liberal Gun Owner stuff is cool. Marine hardware is always useful between me and the wife.
A local merchant option: Speedwell Coffee in Plymouth MA, or any small batch New England coffee roaster (something light or medium-roast, por favor)
Dicks/No Dicks: Go wild, my wife just rolls her eyes and my mailperson is borderline useless, so I don't care if they get offended. No kids to offend either.

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Nov 9, 2020

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Steely Dad
My vehicles: 2004 Miata, 2018 CX-5, previously XJ Cherokee, fox body LX 5.0, 7th gen Accord coupe, F30 328i
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: An SWR meter or directional wattmeter
Something small I would really like: Red or pink car-related kid goodies
Hobbies: history, Arduino dickery, ham radio, biking, plinking, cooking, mid-20C noir and espionage novels
Shirt size: 6T girls or 5T boys
Food Allergies: alcohol, caffeine, THC, chocolate that's not on this list
Junk/No Junk: junk as long as it's not boring
Comments: Could use cool poo poo to decorate my garage
A local merchant option: Please no Amazon if possible. Pegasus Books is a cool local-ish bookstore
Dicks/No Dicks: No dicks

Steely Dad fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 3, 2020

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

My vehicles: 2004 Cayenne Turbo, 2019 Kubota B2650, 1985 Porsche 944, 1997 Land Rover Discovery
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Use: battery impact/ Wish I had: Oxycetaline torch.
Something small I would really like: I always love me some good stickers or patches. And you goons always send me some really good ones.
Hobbies: I cook a lot, I spend entirely too much time on my lawn (excuse to run equipment), I play with my 3d printer when it's too cold out and I'll always find a project for a mini excavator.
Junk/No Junk: send it
Comments: Local to you stuff is always awesome. Love to travel, and since I cant.....sending it to me is great too.
A local merchant option: I don't have any favorites. You see where I live and see something, awesome.
Dicks/No Dicks: I have kids, so keep the dongs inside please.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
gnarlycharlie4u
My vehicles: 2019 F150 Ecoboost and a fuckton of motorcycles.
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: 10mm socket / 10mm socket
Something small I would really like: Hotwheels cars. Apparently my 2year old LOVES them.
Hobbies: cooking, keyboards, photography, audio/music/DJ, beer (does beer count as a hobby?)
Shirt size: Medium
Junk/No Junk: hey it's your money.
Comments: I enjoy trying other peoples favorite foods so I can have a part of them inside of me.
A local merchant option: http://dominionwineandbeer.com/? Five Guys? Starbucks? Honestly if it comes to that just donate to your favorite charity in my name.
Dicks/No Dicks: My child as yet to verbally identify a penis so I'm gonna say dicks are probably okay?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Unless work magically appears at either of my jobs, I'm out this year. As much as I'd love to send out hand crafted garbage, I don't even have money for raw materials :(

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane
Helno
My vehicles: 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander, 2015 Golf, 1969 Piper Cherokee, 1950 BSA Bantam D1
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: I have at least three nippy cutters, I just don't know where the currently are.
Something small I would really like: Exotic snacks
Hobbies: Film Photography (35mm film is cheap)
Junk/No Junk: JUNK that is worth hanging on a wall
Comments: A BSA Bantam poster/sign for the garage would be nice.
A local merchant option: Amazon.ca
Dicks/No Dicks: Dicks.

A Small Car
Aug 24, 2016

A Small Car
My vehicles: 1982 Oldsmobile, 90 Suburban, 98 Saturn, 99 Saturn
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Picks, I destroy them constantly
Something small I would really like: matchboxes are always fun, coffee to feed my addiction
Hobbies: baking/cooking, music (tuba in particular), photography (35mm film), reading
Food Allergies: artificial colors are the biggie, most other stuff I'll survive.
Junk/No Junk: JUNK
Comments: Local stuff is always great, especially if it's little kitschy stuff. I already have approximately 11,000 mugs, but I collect them (particularly from botanical gardens)
A local merchant option: Amazon, http://www.tippiteas.com/, https://www.facebook.com/LiterarityBooks/
Dicks/No Dicks: go nuts

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

A Small Car posted:

Dicks/No Dicks: go nuts

wait... are nuts an option?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
You wore me down.

My vehicles: 2015 GMC Sierra, 1972 International Pickup, 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 XL Ragtop
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Hammer/Needle Nose Pliers
Something small I would really like: HOT SAUCE! keychains, patches, knickknacks for my new office
Hobbies: Nintendo Switch, home improvement, gardening from seed, drinking, golf
Shirt size: Mens small
Junk/No Junk: JUNK, I've been looking for inspiration to weld up yard art
Comments: I have a lot of weird tools, specialty tools, I post a bit in the tools thread 'cause i'm a gear geek like that. maybe avoid? maybe lean in and research? idk?
A local merchant option: Probably Rockauto will refuse you, FYI, so don't even bother. For the actual answer, sadly I'm drawing a blank.
Dicks/No Dicks: no dicks. not that there's, ya know, anything wrong with that.

StormDrain fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 6, 2020

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

wait... are nuts an option?

Depends on how open you are.

Humphreys
Jan 26, 2013

We conceived a way to use my mother as a porn mule

Right,

I'm in. Spent an embarrassingly long time trying to get to my profile.

My vehicles: VE Holden Commodore Sportwagon x2, EA Falcon Ghia x1.5, XP Falcon x1
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Drillbits - I am forever losing drillbits as if they were 10mm sockets.
Something small I would really like: an old burnt CD of terrible music you listened to when you got your first car
Hobbies: electronics, comics, basketball cards, photography
Junk/No Junk: NO JUNK, but if creative I'll look upon it as art
Comments: If from a faraway land, a local foodstuff or drink would be kinda neat especially if it has a story
A local merchant option: Amazon Australia/eBay Australia
Dicks/No Dicks: No Dicks, I 3D print enough as it is

Humphreys fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Nov 6, 2020

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
After sitting out for two (three?) years, I'm in!

bolind
My vehicles: Leased 2019 Mazda 6 Estate and 2020 Larry vs. Harry Bullitt cargo bike.
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Most used: Wera Tool-Check Plus
Something small I would really like: your dick, exotic snacks, stickers for the toolbox.
Hobbies: Espresso, coffee, cooking, woodworking, sourdough baking, cocktails, rum.
Junk/No Junk: Interesting conversation pieces are fine, but I'm trying to reduce my earthly possessions, so no garbage/single use throwaway stuff, please.
Comments: Something that can be consumed is great. If not, fewer, quality items preferred over "stocking stuffers".
A local merchant option: Amazon Germany or UK, any Danish web shop. Please don't order stuff worth more than EUR10 from outside the EU, as I'll get dry reamed on duties etc.
Dicks/No Dicks: I'm cool with dicks on the inside.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Bajaha
My vehicles: 2008 Boxster, 2015 Cayenne Diesel
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Trim removal tools, specialty/weird tools
Something small I would really like: exotic snacks, toolbox stickers, nick nacks
Hobbies: detailing, photography (canon), racing (autoX, TA), computers, home A/V, roadtripping (pre-covid)
Shirt size: 3XL
Food Allergies: none, on keto but might be tempted off of it for a tasty treat
Junk/No Junk: interesting JUNK
Comments: Haven't been able to scratch that roadtrip itch due to covid, so stuff from an exotic location is welcome, otherwise I'm an EE by trade so neat electrical stuff is appreciated. I'm a flat engine aficionado and love subies and awd goodness but currently don't own a subie in my own name.
A local merchant option: Amazon/eBay Canada, Costco Canada, there's ton's of local shops / restaurants as well but I'm pulling a blank at the moment.
Dicks/No Dicks: No Dicks

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Ferremit
My vehicles: 2005 Toyota Landcruiser, 2007 Nissan Tiida, 1992 Toyota Hilux (modified to hell and back)
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: All my poo poo is half inch or bigger due to what i work on mostly, but I really really wish I had some decent wheel nut sockets, rather than massive heavy duty 1/2" deep impact sockets that dont fit in rims properly.
Something small I would really like: Im making a sticker wall in the workshop, so stickers, exotic snacks, alcohol, poo poo with a cool story!
Hobbies: Overlanding, Bush cooking, House cooking, fabricobbling.
Shirt size: large.
Food Allergies: mushrooms liquefy my insides and turn me into a chocolate fountain for three days straight....
Junk/No Junk: Send me your mechanical disasters- I've got a vast collection of stuff that I've hosed up to send onwards!
Comments: Im up for most things, Nothing illegal/dubiously legal though please!
A local merchant option: Amazon Australia/ebay Australia
Dicks/No Dicks: On the inside only please, the little old lady who runs the post office would probably crack the shits with me if dicks turned up on a package for me AFTER I had them help me load 4 sets of landcruiser brake rotors into the car...

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
InitialDave
My vehicles: Fiat Pandas, Series Land Rover(s), Daihatsu L500 Mira/Cuore, Suzuki Cappuccinos, Standard Pennant, E30 Touring, Porsche 924, Honda Elsinore, Also my dad's Austin 7 Ruby and 1930s Wolseley Hornet Special can join in here.
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Never have enough small inspection lights/torches!
Something small I would really like: stickers and so on are always good, or just any little "hey, this is where I'm from!" things
Hobbies: gardening, play Fallout a fair bit, couple of regular DnD type games with my mates, smoke the odd cigar,
Shirt size: 3XL.
Food Allergies: AFAIK I'm all good, but while not an allergy, I don't like coffee.
Junk/No Junk: Borkage for the bork gods!
Comments: Nothing that's illegal in the UK thanks, certainly no drugs stuff. No kids myself, but my friends just had a little boy (so any baby's first impact gun type stuff can find a good home)
A local merchant option: We have Amazon and Ebay, plus a fair old number of online retailers for pretty much everything.
Dicks/No Dicks: In-packaging penile comedy is ok, keep it hidden

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 10, 2020

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Never been a participant but I basically have no xmas plans because of covid so why not!

My vehicles: 2020 Toyota Corolla LE, 2009 BMW 335d
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Decent ratchet set.
Something small I would really like: License plate frame.
Hobbies: Music making, video games, old computers/micro-computers
Shirt size: S
Junk/No Junk: Junk
Comments:
A local merchant option: Advanced Auto Parts, Amazon etc etc.
Dicks/No Dicks: Only if it's funny.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Last year was my first year, and it was good fun. If you're on the fence, I'd say give it a try. Anyway...

whoami: nitsuga
My vehicle(s): 2017 Volkswagen Golf
The tool I most commonly wish I had: A better understanding of electrical systems.
Something small I would really like: Snacks, hot sauce
Hobbies: DIY, guitar, hiking, playing PS4, reading, YouTube, etc. I'm somewhat of a typical AI goon in this regard.
Shirt size: Medium
Junk/No Junk: Nothing too big, but I'd find a home for a little junk memento bit.
Comments: I'm up for anything really, so don't let me cramp your style. Somewhat of a typical IT worker/AI goon/nerd like I said.
A local merchant option: I don't have any particular suggestions, but I'm OK with (would almost prefer) you supporting a local merchant of your own.
Dicks/No Dicks: Inside the package only, please.

Humphreys
Jan 26, 2013

We conceived a way to use my mother as a porn mule

Are we close to enough people yet?

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Any Canadians that have yet to sign up will get a 4 pack of locally brewed tall boys delivered to their door. [No IPA's because gently caress that.] Any American that signs up who hasn't yet and has at one point owned something powered by Doritos will get a 1.5L bottle of La Fin Du Monde.

Edit: Subject to availability of the special 1.5L bottles. They are usually available for xmas.

McTinkerson fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Nov 12, 2020

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm currently at 30 sign-ups. I'd love to see a few more over the next 2-3 days.

Deadline for registration is fast approaching!

McTinkerson posted:

Any Canadians that have yet to sign up will get a 4 pack of locally brewed tall boys delivered to their door. [No IPA's because gently caress that.] Any American that signs up who hasn't yet and has at one point owned something powered by Doritos will get a 1.5L bottle of La Fin Du Monde.

Edit: Subject to availability of the special 1.5L bottles. They are usually available for xmas.

Thank you for your amazing generosity!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Missed out last year, let's do this!

whoami: NitroSpazzz
My vehicle(s): 2014 i3, 1978 Van Diemen RF78 (Formula Ford racer), R1 powered Locost, some old BMWs
The tool I most commonly wish I had: Good pocket/pen light
Something small I would really like: Local snacks, sauces, food, booze (rum and whiskey preferred), garage art, stickers, coffe
Hobbies: Gaming, working on the race cars, sometimes racing them.
Shirt size: Small but I have too many shirts
Food Allergies: Nope
Junk/No Junk: Junk for garage art is fine, broken is better and catastrophic is best
Comments: Food is always a good option
A local merchant option: Can't think of anything local at the minute
Dicks/No Dicks: dicks inside the box is fine

edit: dog treats (chews, antlers, etc) are good as well

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Nov 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to miss out this year. Too kuch poo poo coming due in the next few months and money is gonna be way too unpredictable. :sigh: