Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

hierarchy is bullshit

i read a study somewhere that if you get behind in social development as a child, that can snowball and get you further and further behind.

the reason why i graduated from being a loser to highschool to being cool was because of the work my guidance chancellor did for me. i'm a mess as an adult but I can be charming to people who aren't my family.

it's tough op, kids are socipathic and express power in social situations in order to climb hierarchies by pushing others down. this isn't a matter of capitalism but of human nature. what needs to be done is create a support system and hegemonic ideology that let bullied children socially rebound.

it's impossible in america, even our leftists adore cruelty and call for the bullying of people who could be reached out to politically. all the progress we made providing saftey for lgbt kids will be wiped out in the second trump term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

Extensive Vamping posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eM4KmN5c4I

Forget about the loving bullying! I made the mistake of focusing on that instead of what I really want to talk about which is

SOCIAL. HIERARCHY.

Why would someone want to seem important or powerful outside of sex? That's really it, that's the question. I don't get it.

every action is a zero-sum transaction, being ahead in hiearchy mean you are taking value from someone else and wining.

it's an attitude for 4 year olds.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

Extensive Vamping posted:

No lie, I fantasized about binding and torturing a dude for years after HS.

At one point I realized I had to forgive him, not for his sake but my own. But I still feel anger about it from time to time.

When Columbine happened, I sort of understood the motivation.

e: And btw, that poem owns. I had heard of it but hadn't read it until just now.

the columbine guys were neo-nazis so no you didn't

although, mass shooters are motivated by a social hierarchy that they feel they are entitled to through extreme violence.

these tiny apes should stop yelling on this big ball