Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

0. Under Match: Keigo Nakamura Vs Hideki Okatani
0. Under Match: Hiroshi Yamato & Hoshitango Vs Mizuki Watase & Yukio Naya
1. MAO Return Battle: MAO Vs Shunma Katsumata
2. Danshoku Dieno Vs Akito
3. 4 Way 6-Man Tag Match: Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi & Saki Akai Vs Toru Owashi, Naomi Yoshimura & Kazuki Hirata Vs Mad Paulie, El Lindaman & Nobuhiro Shimatani Vs Super Sasadango Machine, Makoto Oishi & Antonio Honda
4. DDT Extreme Title – Yanekabe Presents Weapon Rumble: Shinya Aoki (c) Vs Sanshiro Takagi
5. Special Tag Match – HarashiMarafuji Vs CimaSoma: HARASHIMA & Naomichi Marufuji Vs CIMA & Soma Takao
6. DDT UNIVERSAL Title: Chris Brookes (c) Vs Yuki Ueno

:siren:7. Special Single Match: Jun Akiyama Vs Konosuke Takeshita :siren:

:siren:8. KO-D Openweight Title – BLACK OUT Presents: Tetsuya Endo (c) Vs Daisuke Sasaki:siren: Sasaki says if he loses he will retire!

Show is happening at 5am GMT/1300 JST/11pm EST and folks, it's gona own hard.

show link: https://www.ddtpro.com/universe/videos/9214

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Oh yeah, make an OP after I already did the math for when it was happening my time why don you.

(very happy to see this OP, will deffo be watching and posting)

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

karmicknight posted:

Oh yeah, make an OP after I already did the math for when it was happening my time why don you.

this is the price you must pay to be constantly reminded whenever DDT or TJPW shows happen.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

karmicknight posted:

If you read the Puro thread you'd have already known (except I forgot the US clocks changed this week so all the US times are 1 hour out)

This show is stacked and I am excited to watch it even though it's going to end up clashing with an equally stacked Dragongate card because big DDT shows usually end up being long

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

I haven't followed DDT much, but maybe I will get into it with this show.

Greekonomics
Jun 22, 2009

I've fallen way behind on DDT because of the 5* Grand Prix/G1 Climax/Champion Carnival/N-1 Victory tournaments and the CD Halloween thread, but this looks like a dope card.

I'm going to save this for the weekend just because last year's Ultimate Party was ~6 hours (I doubt this year's will be) and Dragon Gate has a show tonight and those tend to have expiration dates.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

duckdealer posted:

I haven't followed DDT much, but maybe I will get into it with this show.

it's a very good place to start.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

it's a very good place to start.

I'm sure! I did go to a DDT show when I was in Japan at the start of the year and enjoyed that so I'm looking forward to this.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
haven't seen any DDT since I went to Ultimate Party last year (well, I did go see a random free outdoor show after that so I could see MAO, since he was weirdly back in town for that but not for UP). excited to have no idea what's going on and have a blast with it

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

I'm most looking forward to Brookes Ueno and as much as I love Brookes I hope Ueno wins so he can be a main event guy regularly (as they've been gearing him up to) because he's really quite tip tops

also MAO shunma is going to be a very silly match involving a lot of lego and i feel like that and the Aoki/Takagi match are a great compliment of silly but serious deathmatch and silly but silly deathmatch

its gonna be gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

edit: also I hope Sasaki wins because while I think endo is very good at some stuff he's my least favourite of the top dudes and sasaki rules and I hope hiroshi yamato does some cool goth X moves to protect sasaki from the rest of damnation

ediit2: also I hope cima wins but takao loses somehow because takao sucks and i don't like that the only interesting thing about him was that he used to be a cima tribute act

brian fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Nov 3, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

If you want to know what's going on I recommend the Dramatic DDT Blog's preview

https://dramaticddt.wordpress.com/2020/11/01/ddt-ultimate-party-2020-preview/

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 3, 2020

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

If you want to know what's going on I recommend the Dramatic DDT Blog's preview

https://dramaticddt.wordpress.com/2020/11/01/ddt-ultimate-party-2020-preview/

fixed the link for you and highly recommend people read this because its very good.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

looks like gong's an hour from now. not sure if the undermatches will be before or what. i'm ready to party until i fall asleep, which will hopefully at least be after the mao battle

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I'm sure everyone posting or looking at the thread may already have a subscription but this was a how-to guide linked from that DDT Eng translation twitter.

https://support.ddtpro.com/hc/ja/articles/360008018073

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I cannot believe I woke up for this without any problems & before my alarm.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

I cannot believe I woke up for this without any problems & before my alarm.

impressive, I went for the classic just stay up and be real tired strat.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

this old man looks extremely old

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

This old dude is a big boy

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Neodoomium posted:

This old dude is a big boy

he owns tbh, he is growing on me.

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1323492457372286977

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
DDT is happening and I am watching, but also having other things happen at the same time.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

bringing the entire show to a halt to shill merch is extremely powerful energy.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Got to fill between the pre-show & the main show starting at half past

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Should be advertising more NOAH, tell everyone to watch Nak vs Shiozaki you fools

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

Should be advertising more NOAH, tell everyone to watch Nak vs Shiozaki you fools

slamming the button that says "more noah" instead of the button that says "endo bodypillows"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I did not expect to hear Oasis on this show (Live Forever is a good song)

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

I did not expect to hear Oasis on this show (Live Forever is a good song)

honestly I popped for it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Also good to be reminded how Takeshita vs Yoshihiko was the peak of cinematic matches & anyone doing one after that is a fool

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

this year ive felt so disassociated from the world ive barely thought about the travel i got to do last year now i am remembering sitting in ryogoku listening to oasis blasting over the pa while watching a seven minute recap video of a feud in a language i could not understand

i dont remember if that was ddt ultimate party or the big japan show but goddamn that was somehow a crazier weekend of wrestling than mania weekend in new york was

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

speaking of songs blasting over the PA, it cannot be overstated how insanely hype this DDT intro song sounds in an arena, its loving incredible, whether its at la boom in nyc or fuckin goddamn ryogoku

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

this match is gona own as hard as shunmas theme does, which is to say extremely hard.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The Abema Meter says Shunma's love of saunas is 10

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
oh gently caress are those legos.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

rip to ur back my dude.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Controversial take but I would not want to take a flat back bump onto Lego

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

Controversial take but I would not want to take a flat back bump onto Lego

:hmmyes:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i used to think lego were a goofy pg deathmatch gimmick, but then whenever the first back bump happens and the wrestler comes up with their back covered in lego, thats when i remember how much that poo poo would hurt

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

mao ric flair walking so he dosen't have to bump entirely onto lego, I see you.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Just absolute madmen. Dope opener.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
loving hell that was good violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

yeah that's how you start a show, holy poo poo.