Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

istewart

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Or more properly, the Material Reclamation and Solid Waste Transfer Facility

They weighed truck + trailer on the way in, but the front end of the truck was sticking off the scale on the way out, so I think they got stiffed to the tune of a 5.9L Cummins and a front axle.

Anybody have any good dump and/or Transfer Facility memories?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

i do - when i was a kid we used to go to like a scrap metal dump place and break in to grab stuff for things we were trying to build

kept getting into trouble for it cause this was the 80's and they were terrified we'd somehow lock ourselves into a fridge or something

think the biggest thing we took was the hollow shell of a big washing machine that we turned into a small and terrible boat which sunk while my brother was on it in the middle of a stream

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

all of my furniture/appliances are from the transfer site, it is a second home

probably the coolest thing i've found was a working harpoon gun

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

SIDS Vicious

Before we finished moving at the end of September I sent my mother in law's boyfriend to the dump with the back of a minivan full of trash but I guess he didn't think to look at the stuff in the front of the van and he threw it away too and it was all my books and graphic novels except for one small shelfs worth lol gently caress my life

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
when i was in college a local apartment place would place a bunch of huge dumpsters in a field behind their complex for all the students moving out to throw their furniture away and every year we'd descend on those dumpsters like a rabid band of hobos to pick out the best furniture for our rental houses/apartments etc. no food trash or nasty stuff in them, just huge amounts of furniture to pick through.

istewart

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Sid Vicious posted:

Before we finished moving at the end of September I sent my mother in law's boyfriend to the dump with the back of a minivan full of trash but I guess he didn't think to look at the stuff in the front of the van and he threw it away too and it was all my books and graphic novels except for one small shelfs worth lol gently caress my life

man, no wonder you're spending so much time drawing detailed Super Saiyan hair, I'd be pissed too

City of Glompton

i love the transfer station/good dumpsters

we call it the Magic Swap Shop

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

City of Glompton

the best magic swap shop i ever lived by was in an apt complex filled with Airforce people. when they move they just toss things, like a solid wood 6 drawer dresser, 25 lb dumbbells, a sweet AF backpack, a brand new vacuum cleaner that needed a new belt (they tossed the box like a week before, maybe that is why they didn't return it?) and a perfectly fine futon

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
When I was a kid all of my bikes were from the dump, ok bye

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

Sid Vicious posted:

think of how happy some scavenger is gonna be man

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Finger Prince

owlhawk911 posted:

think of how happy some scavenger is gonna be man

:tbear: :omg have you read The Watchmen yet? Wow this is so good!
🦝: yeah, I found it a bit overwrought. Not my thing really. Plus graphic novels are for children.
:tbear: : wow, really dude? This coming from a guy who couldn't shut up about chewing through the entire Dragonlance bibliography?
🦝: what can I say, I like the escapism that high fantasy affords! Also it was covered in ketchup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gluten Free Dad

istewart posted:

Or more properly, the Material Reclamation and Solid Waste Transfer Facility

They weighed truck + trailer on the way in, but the front end of the truck was sticking off the scale on the way out, so I think they got stiffed to the tune of a 5.9L Cummins and a front axle.

Anybody have any good dump and/or Transfer Facility memories?

I use a facility to transfer my solid waste first thing every morning