Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

Alright, if we're laying down predictions...

I have zero confidence in this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
gently caress ice

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Cross-Section posted:

Getting in on the ground floor of this shitheap of posts

Please call Florida for Joe so I can go to bed

Friend, Biden will win Florida because the olds will vote for the candidate that doesn't want them to die from covid

I have never been wrong before (I have never predicted anything before either but that's beside the point)

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

TheBuilder posted:

Who's staying up for the next 36 hours?

I'm drinking tonight specifically to hasten bedtime so that tomorrow gets here sooner

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

I sincerely hope Florida Dude keeps trucking along with his made up poll gimmick well into 2021. Just keep posting about how signs are showing how Washington State is really starting to come around to Trump months after Biden is inaugurated.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

DetoxP posted:

That would be mine except I think Biden gets ME-2.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

My cat predicts 8h;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;0-=gdww2 gets >300 EV

Jaster
Nov 15, 2007

DetoxP posted:

This is mostly a good map, I like this map.

My dark fantasy map is this + GA, OH, IA, and TX just because I really want to watch the melt-down that happens in that universe.

Montana would be the comedy cherry on top. (I do not expect this to happen plausibly).

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I am going to drink all night until I go to sleep and then will possibly wake up to continue drinking.

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

DetoxP posted:

This is pretty good. Maybe add TX and GA if you want to be ambitious.

Brother Buer
Oct 23, 2012

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I am going to drink all night until I go to sleep and then will possibly wake up to continue drinking.

My game plan exactly. I've got some homemade cider that I will spike with some kraken, whatcha got?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Antillie posted:

This is pretty good. Maybe add TX and GA if you want to be ambitious.

The Republicans will steal the election in Georgia somehow, they're level 100 election stealers after more than a century of training

In Texas a magical mist will emanate from the ground, turning Democratic ballots Republican

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

DetoxP posted:

My guess would be this minus FL and maybe plus ME-2. I'm not confident in FL and really nobody should expect good things from there.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1323427925593477120

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

Phlegmish posted:

The Republicans will steal the election in Georgia somehow, they're level 100 election stealers after more than a century of training

In Texas a magical mist will emanate from the ground, turning Democratic ballots Republican

I honestly don't see this happening. Election shenanigans are super duper rare and hard to pull off. I just don't see either party as being able to get enough shady people in the right places to be able to pull it off without it ending up all over the news and in the hands of the local DA.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Kennel posted:

Don't gently caress up, America!

thanks Groke friend we'll do our best

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

map:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Daring to predict a tie in Arizona

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

Has anyone figured out whether FloridaDude is satire?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Phlegmish posted:

Ground floor

So here's my map:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

The Haitian posted:

My cat predicts 8h;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;0-=gdww2 gets >300 EV

Is your cat having a stroke? :ohdear:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Good sir, your meme map relies on several unlikely outcomes

Jaster
Nov 15, 2007

I'm posting it. The wet dream, super blue, +400 map. The one that will never happen unless it does.

Why yes even in my wildest, most delusional fantasies we lost 18 states isn't that fun.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Jaster posted:

I'm posting it. The wet dream, super blue, +400 map. The one that will never happen unless it does.

Why yes even in my wildest, most delusional fantasies we lost 18 states isn't that fun.

Your wildest dreams involves just winning all of the toss up swing states. It's the same as my map except it involves having a bit more faith in Ohio and Montana (probably the biggest stretch here). Any other election this would be fantasy land, but it actually is in reasonable stretch range this time.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Phlegmish posted:

Good sir, your meme map relies on several unlikely outcomes

I think 2016 has just made you complacent on the possibility of red Maine!

Jaster
Nov 15, 2007

LegendaryFrog posted:

Your wildest dreams involves just winning all of the toss up swing states. It's the same as my map except it involves having a bit more faith in Ohio and Montana (probably the biggest stretch here). Any other election this would be fantasy land, but it actually is in reasonable stretch range this time.

I threw in Alaska and Montana which are also feasible but significantly less so (nobody's really considering them "swing states"). I just want to see more blue land mass because it really dwarfs the rest.

Other than that, yeah, my wildest dreams can only get so detached from data.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

I think 2016 has just made you complacent on the possibility of red Maine!

And we can't exclude the possibility of Delaware turning on Biden

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

cochise posted:

Someone get the needle ready!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Very smart people say an election is happening tomorrow, but Nate Silver asks "Is it really?"

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Edit: I can't figure out image linking, I'm getting too old

I'm going to get some of those 5 inch artillery shells and launch them in my conservative rear end neighborhood tomorrow night regardless of results

TheBuilder fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Nov 3, 2020

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Kennel posted:

Is your cat having a stroke? :ohdear:

Have you ever seen the content that a cat produces when walking on a keyboard?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
All hail the Triune Needle, may we be blessed by Their jitter

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

I'm red Delaware

Sulla
May 10, 2008
The nightmare - months of political turmoil and violence, martial law, Capitol burning down by NYE :dukedog::

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Jaster posted:

I would argue Indiana is more likely than AK or MT. Obama won it in '08 after all.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Here is a map where everything goes pretty well for Trump, but he still loses by an incredibly small margin in Arizona because he was mean to John McCain. Granted, I don't like John McCain. But the idea that Trump barely loses because of needlessly being an rear end in a top hat about McCain would be funny.

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 3, 2020

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

There won't be a needle this year? NYT's needle was hilarious in 2016

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Vorik posted:

There won't be a needle this year? NYT's needle was hilarious in 2016

There are 3 needles for NC, GA and FL

Jaster
Nov 15, 2007

Youth Decay posted:

I would argue Indiana is more likely than AK or MT. Obama won it in '08 after all.

Times have changed since 2008. If you believe the 538 snake of probability, MT, SC, AK, and MO are all more likely than Indiana.

I will accept a map where all 5 of those states are blue, though, sure, I wouldn't be mad about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Zore posted:

There are 3 needles for NC, GA and FL

Yeah they said that there's way too much confusion and too many factors for a single national needle. But those three are good bellweathers, Trump probably needs all of them to win.