Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Sphere

i don't know if there was anymore 80's in history, but the 1950's were certainly like a 1980's. they had what we consider "a slight cheese" in their music. vaporwave existed in their diners

so yeah that's why it was the 1980's in the 50's

just imagine. your parents grew up in an 80's in the 50's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

30 years later, *another* 80's? wtf. maybe the 20's were the 80's too...

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
I agree with the similarity between the 50s and 80s.

Different observation: Because of the social unrest in the USA, I feel like the past decade should've been like the 60s, with a bunch of ihcredible protest music. But it wasn't. What gives?

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
bob zemeckis was inspired to make back to the future because he found out that his mom, who grew up in the 50s, was a megaslut

SIDS Vicious

The 2020s are gonna be like the fifties too in that many people will lose the right to vote or even be considered human :(

Prof. Crocodile

blaise rascal posted:

I feel like the past decade should've been like the 60s, with a bunch of ihcredible protest music. But it wasn't. What gives?

counterpoint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0

The Voice of Labor

hey what an apropos thread. I was just thinking about cultural reoccurrence and the cycle is about 25 years. which means whatever was big in 1995 will be the dominant superficial aesthetic for the next few years.

so it's rave couture and attitude era wwf for a while

at least the christian dominionists will be rolling too hard to commit genocide as they sweep northward through post apocalyptic america

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

The Voice of Labor posted:

hey what an apropos thread. I was just thinking about cultural reoccurrence and the cycle is about 25 years. which means whatever was big in 1995 will be the dominant superficial aesthetic for the next few years.

at least the christian dominionists will be rolling too hard to commit genocide as they sweep northward through post apocalyptic america

i'm doubling down on the grunge thing personally

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Macnult

it came in glass bottles — none of that plastic BS. before we knew it, everyone transitioned from bottles to mirrors

Good Sphere

i'm all for another rave culture. even if it's cringy af. idc!

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOPViekdacQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor

getting laughed at in tyool 2021 for repping the saturn boot noise