Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

We tried this once and it didn't work.

Only because we let the chuds off the hook. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Dumper Humper posted:

Yeah man further atomization and decline of worker solidarity is exactly the pill to fix America.

This is sort of a fundamental problem: what do you do when about half the voting bloc in this country quite are monsters that quite literally live in an alternate reality? How do you even begin to reverse the brainwashing and reverse it on a time table to actually address the severe, crippling, multiple crises this country's facing all at the same time?

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

People splitting off to only ever talking to people who already agree with them is what led to conservatives to just have this feedback loop until they've gone from "I like guns and low taxes :)" to "The democrats without any exaggeration are kidnapping children to feast on their blood so they can stay young forever. ARE TROOPS after conferring with Jesus chose DONALD J TRUMP :911: to root these guys out and show them and anyone opposing trumps agenda is a SERVANT OF SATAN". Making sure our crazy hateful old people only every talk to even crazier more hateful old people will probably not lead to $15 minimum wage, a UBI, better job protections or Medicare for all. I've been wrong before but I do feel confident about this one.

So it sounds like we've got nothing to lose at this point. There's been a worrying voice in me recently that just tells me these people are literally beyond saving, and our best hope is to literally isolate them from the voting process in a literal political quarantine. This is terrifying to consider; it scares the hell out of me, but gently caress, what other option do we have?