Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Maximo Roboto posted:

The Rock should never have changed his party affiliation to Democrat, he should jump into the GOP primary and sweep it.
Finally someone who'll stand up and defend the great Saudi Arabian reformer against his vile detractors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Maximo Roboto posted:

The Rock should never have changed his party affiliation to Democrat, he should jump into the GOP primary and sweep it.

Get Mick Foley as the running mate

Rock/Sock 2024

Loveshaft
Nov 3, 2020

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Finally someone who'll stand up and defend the great Saudi Arabian reformer against his vile detractors.

Did The Rock ever comment on his pal Mister Bone Saw having that WaPo reporter dismembered alive?

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

The Rock is only keeping MBS close to his chest so he can heel turn on him for the true crown prince who can take his rightful place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOCAfIWw2H0

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Conservatives on board until a scandalous tape surfaces from his past. They're not fond of a peoples' anything, much less an elbow

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Milo and POTUS posted:

Conservatives on board until a scandalous tape surfaces from his past. They're not fond of a peoples' anything, much less an elbow

I can't believe mr. johnson would insult mr. mcmahon like that, he's one of our most important donors

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Kimberly Guilfoyle

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

A4R8 posted:

The secret to GOP success is not open racism and Christian theocracy, but white milfs

ivanka?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
It's gonna be some lovely college football coach

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Smythe posted:

Kimberly Guilfoyle

Presidential findoming

Loveshaft
Nov 3, 2020

Josh Hawley & Kristi Noem.

Loveshaft has issued a correction as of 08:38 on Dec 6, 2020

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Trump and Don jr.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1328759344549203968

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1328758765248770049

really surprised at the Romney numbers. Maybe there's a desire to "return to normalcy" among Republicans as much as there was among Democrats

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Maybe most of politics is just name recognition and nothing else matters

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

really surprised at the Romney numbers. Maybe there's a desire to "return to normalcy" among Republicans as much as there was among Democrats

polls are wrong again lmao

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Trump vs. Tucker vs. Pompeo would be funny as hell

also lol Rick Scott on this but not DeSantis

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
I think every president that is voted in is either for less government or appears to be for less government, or less of a government insider. (The closer I get to now the more convincing I can be at making this argument. This argument has holes in it, but I want to see how far I can take it.)

In Ford VS Carter. Carter as a peanut farmer looked less government-ey

Reagan was super anti government compared to carter

But Reagan against Mondale. I don't know.
Bush Sr. against Dukakas. I don't know again.

Clinton was bright face a new and seemed to be for less government. As president, by combining agencies together he shrank the size of government after Reagan increased it.
In '96 Bob Dole was a house leader, so he probably seemed more entrenched.

Obama, a new guy who faced off against really old entrenched politicians like Romney, and McCain. and Hillary.
Trump vs Hilary. Trump was the ultimate anti-insider and small government person.

This is where the argument becomes very confusing between Trump and Biden. It's going to sound backwards.

Trump lost because he became the ultimate government person invading a person life.
He wanted to ban Tiktok. His rallies would mess with people's traffic. Trump wanted to build walls. He wanted change relationships with countries (Israel /Palestine.)
As bad as the current healthcare is, people became comfortable with it, and he kept saying that he was going to mess with it.

Sure reducing the government is fine but then a second fear set in: change.
People hate changes, so having extreme judges in either way is scary. People want a nice comfortable middle ground with endless superficial arguments.
Trump was changing too much too fast and forcing it on to people with his government power.

There wasn't a thing that Trump didn't want to meddle with. He would put himself in front and say "I did it. I did it all. ME!"

Presidents are usually quiet and thread the middle needle.
Most presidents assign people and in some quite award ceremony they are recognized for their work.
Nobody knew who the gently caress Dr. Fauci was until Trump saw him "taking the spot light."
Even with the Pandemic if Trump didn't give a poo poo about "fame" nobody wouldn't give a poo poo about Fauci now.

While Biden on the other hand, everybody keeps promising that "Biden will do nothing."
A good amount of Americans, that live in swing states where their vote matters, want nothing.

I think republicans will run a person who is bright face and new with a lower amount of government insider-ness than Biden or Kamala.
Rubio is probably the only famous person right now that could be that.
But there is probably some republican being groomed right now.

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 23:40 on Nov 17, 2020

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

steph mcmahon

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Roger Stone.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

goddamn I really hope Trump announces he's running again during Biden's poorly attended inauguration

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

PawParole posted:

polls are wrong again lmao

lmao if you think any poll is worth anything

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Romney's numbers are pure name recognition, same with Pence.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

if the ghouls in control of the GOP were smart they’d make people start bickering about VP now while anointing kasich because the dems just spent four years sucking him off for not liking trump and would be totally blindsided by it

however, your average hooting chud hates him for hating trumo so that may not work as well as I’m thinking

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Anybody betting on a lady is dumb as hell, GOP base will happily vote for a ticket with a female VP, no way in hell they put one on top of the ticket. Especially given its likely they'll be running against Kopmala, and not Gropey Joe, where he's got a clear weakness.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

God who the hell is stanning Romney in the GOP nowadays after he voted against the God-Emperor? Rofl

Also I'm not convinced that Trump can actually pick up the nomination in 2024 because he did the one thing that republicans hate most of all: lose. Sure, on the surface they will hold that the election was totally stolen but I think that his base will slowly but surely dwindle for whoever the new white hot sphere of hatred is or someone else that comes along and grabs his strongman energy

A fascists core ideology boils down to "might makes right" and boy, if Trump can lose to Sleepy Joe and then spend a month whining about it he definitely doesn't seem mighty to me

Feldegast42 has issued a correction as of 00:36 on Dec 5, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Trumps might was all bluster anyway to people with two brain cells to rub together. Guess what the base lacks

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 238 days!
they're going to find a guy named loius cypher to run and try to gaslight us about his name just straight up being lucifer

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
a turd lmao

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
https://politics.theonion.com/after-obama-victory-shrieking-white-hot-sphere-of-pure-1819595330

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Maximo Roboto posted:

when people say this, do they realize he would lose a poo poo ton of money?

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Feldegast42 posted:

God who the hell is stanning Romney in the GOP nowadays after he voted against the God-Emperor? Rofl

Also I'm not convinced that Trump can actually pick up the nomination in 2024 because he did the one thing that republicans hate most of all: lose. Sure, on the surface they will hold that the election was totally stolen but I think that his base will slowly but surely dwindle for whoever the new white hot sphere of hatred is or someone else that comes along and grabs his strongman energy

A fascists core ideology boils down to "might makes right" and boy, if Trump can lose to Sleepy Joe and then spend a month whining about it he definitely doesn't seem mighty to me

It completely depends on whether Trump can successfully deflect the view of him as a loser into "stab in the back" resentment at the libs and dems

there's years to go, but it looks like its working so far

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Judakel posted:

when people say this, do they realize he would lose a poo poo ton of money?

Wut.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

His wealth come primarily from shorting himself on online election betting markets.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

This is my 2nd favorite onion article, its from like 2012 and it was completely correct about the 2016 primary, right down to predicting that Hillary Clinton was the worst possible choice to run against the rage elemental.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

HashtagGirlboss posted:

His wealth come primarily from shorting himself on online election betting markets.

Thats right

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

loving cheater knows the outcome of the wrestling match before it happens.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Soup du Jour posted:

while I understand everyone’s fear of trump 2024 I feel pretty strongly that he will be dead on the toilet before primary season starts

trump will never die

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Means being a movie star pays more and he gains nothing but hate from being president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Judakel posted:

Means being a movie star pays more and he gains nothing but hate from being president.

This is true. I think people tend to ignore that Reagan had been on a big downward trajectory before he jumped to politics.