Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Update: HGB has MADE THE BURRITO

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

The making of the huge gross burrito, you can hear me breathing heavily at the end because I inhaled oyster fumes and was trying not to vomit lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgccI_OOseg&feature=youtu.be

Sorry about the vertical filming the wife was too shocked by what was going on to remember but the eating will be horizonal video

Moderator HugeGrossBurrito has agreed that in the event of a Biden victory, he will eat a "Huge Gross Burrito". It has to be physically edible, and with ingredients he can get in a normal grocery store.

Now let's get some definitions out of the way.

Huge: This burrito gotta be big. How big must it be to classify as huge? I'd say minimum a foot long here, but I've seen some big burritos so let's not limit ourselves.

Gross: I think the majority must agree that the burrito is gross. This is where creativity goes a long way. I've got some ideas.

Burrito: Now we get to the controversial segment of burrito design. What is a burrito? I'd say for the sake of this, it's gotta be wrapped in a flatbread, preferably a tortilla, with a mix of fillings. They should be all mixed together so he doesn't get a big pocket of something at the end. :hai:

Suggestions are open.

Components (to be expanded)

Tortilla:
Protein:Smoked Oysters (mashed and spread)
Filling:Marshmallow Fluff
Filling 2:Chickpeas soaked in glorious golden juices :q:
Filling 3:
Salsa (thats spanish for sauce):

AARD VARKMAN fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

OhsH posted:

Why stop at one protein

thats just a starting template, making sure we get the minimums in for burrito status.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
First off, I think beans are a foundational part of any burrito. To that end, I think we need to select a type of dried bean, and a liquid for it to soak/cook it in.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Two votes for Marshmallow fluff :staredog:

Also like the chickpeas, definitely the most suitable bean for this imo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the marshmallow fluff is just a haute cuisine take on sour cream, if you think about it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i think protein wise we should be fair and do a mix

air:
land:
sea:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Can you melt circus peanuts? Could that be used as a bean cooking liquid?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So like a peanut-bean-cricket puree kinda thing via food processor?

i think we're approaching human rights violations here

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
All right lots of good suggestions so far, but we need to get some order in here to come up with the final thing. So let's focus for a moment:

Beans:
Bean soaking liquid (if dried):

I am leaning towards chickpeas as the most appropriate bean for a Trump burrito. Soaking liquid?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DoomedFish posted:

Bean soaking fluid: the oil that sun-dried tomatoes are stored in. Alternately, hot dog water.

I do think hot dog water is a must. I vote we boil hot dogs in apple juice and use the resulting delicious broth to soak and cook the chickpeas.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
All right so I'm gonna go ahead and lock in a couple things here:

Beans: Chickpeas reconstituted in apple juice
Filling 1: Marshmallow fluff

Let us now focus on the star of the show: Proteins.

In honor of GBS I think one of the proteins needs to either be sardines or another delightful canned seafood product.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Quote is not edit hurrr

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i dont give a gently caress about the other poo poo but i can mail order surstromming for hgb if other peeps are interested. best canned seafood product, instantly makes the second adjective hella true

if hgb is comfortable w that id say that'd be an excellent protein

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I have added a filling:

smoked oysters mashed with a fork and a bit of mayo or cream cheese to make a refried bean smear along the entire tortilla(s)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
whatever it takes to get a nice gloppy refried bean consistency

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Every time I see that I get furious about just how dry that tortilla looks

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
God drat it e != quote again

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Wendigee posted:

I love smoked oysters 🤔

But with hot sauce not mayo lol

I do too but in the context of a burrito with marshmallow fluff? I think it's better that the burrito itself be gross rather than simply containing gross individual ingredients

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
All right, we have our beans (both refried and not), and our sour cream (marshmallow fluff). Let's hear some ideas for

cheese:
salsa:
guacamole:
cilantro:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i lied btw. i got BBQ pulled pork nachos instead of ramen

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

The Walrus posted:

Cheese: just stinky blue cheese

Guacamole: Chocolate Hummus

cilantro: dill

I would combine all these at midnight while high AF

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

What about a frozen convenience store burrito in the middle

im imagining a matryoshka doll of burritos starting at Tina's and working up to whatever the biggest 7-11 one is

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Can we get a final ingredient list I want to make sure I bought everything

Here's where we're at right now. Let's finalize the rest today?

Tortilla:
Beans: Chickpeas ala apple juice
Protein 1/refried beans: smoked oysters & company
Protein 2:
Sour Cream:Marshmallow Fluff
Salsa

I think we get another protein and decide on the tortilla/salsa and then anything else is gravy

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I bought extra large nasty looking flour tortillas, I thought I was soaking them in tuna water lol

didn't realize we were set on that since you talked about making your own. sounds excellent :thumbsup:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Tortilla:Extra grande flour tortillas infused with tuna juice
Beans: Chickpeas ala apple juice
Protein 1/refried beans: smoked oysters & company
Protein 2:
Sour Cream:Marshmallow Fluff
Salsa

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT: rice

maple brown sugar oatmeal

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
CHEESE: Limburger if available, strong blue cheese if not

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Dude I never said you had to COOK the oysters!!!!! Jesus

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
The closeup at 10 minutes looks like it could be a legit delicious indian burrito

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I am legit surprised at the reaction to the chickpeas in apple juice. I was certain going in that the biggest hurdle would be the tuna juice tortillas.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I'd be willing to give this another go lol

all right back to the laboratory gbs. what's next? a sandwich? A shepherds pie? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Philthy posted:

Half pound burrito.

Anchovies, blue cheese crumbles with a bed of uncooked rice.

Edit: He had smoked oysters which are loving delicious? wtf Nothing about that was gross.

Sorely tempted to challenge you to make and finish the burrito.