Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
You're no doubt familiar with the western colonialist idea that height is affected by gender. "Men are taller than women" is something white dudes have been saying for centuries with the kind of confidence and lack of pushback that only they are privileged to have. When they say something, it's automatically accepted as common sense, natural. But what if I told you it's scientifically baseless?

The first formal surveys of height happened in the 19th century (when they still believed phrenology was a science. Coincidence?) and the inch wasn't a perfectly standardized unit until 1933. When you combine that with the fact that everyone's height was increasing before then, you can pretty much throw out every earlier measurement as useless.

But what about today? Modern measurements have found that the heights of men and women span exactly the same range, from dwarfism to over 8 feet tall. And our heights are constantly changing due to things like sitting, shoes, or being on a slope. There are some studies that suggest men are taller on average than women, but most of them were conducted by white men, and the famous survey that concluded men were taller 1978 (Kleiner & Freeman) was found to have a massively flawed methodology.

So there's no basis, other than patriarchy, for saying there is a height difference based on gender. If that sounds counter-intuitive to you, you need to do some internal work to rid yourself of your unconscious learned bias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
what if gender is the product of height though, like your gender points don't rack up until you start lengthening or something I dunno

I'm sorry but I think you might be a bigot because you are marginalizing other possible viewpoints on the height v. gender issue

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Ban OP for gross mansplaining

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Men are 6'1" and women are 5'6"

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

tall women are awesome i am not a smythe alt

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

sorry op but "height" itself is a white supremacist patriarchal colonialist construct, as are all measurement systems.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

im a boy so im tall

no i will not post my height

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

El Burbo posted:

im a boy so im tall

no i will not post my height
You're 6'1"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

sorry op but "height" itself is a white supremacist patriarchal colonialist construct, as are all measurement systems.

:hmmorks:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I am 6'8" and it's fine and I also identify as a man. I've never met a woman my height but i did date a woman who was 6'3" for a while and we used to get stares.

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
being 5'4 rules

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010
the z axis itself is a bourgeois fiction. a perfectly flat society cannot be stratified, and denied "height" we witness the true rodent nature of that most vile of enemies, the hated sparrow

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

I'm 179cm (5'88 you philistines) and before the pandemic I was hooking up with a 186cm (6'1) woman that liked to wear high heels and it was awesome

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Poniard posted:

tall women are awesome i am not a smythe alt

you could be a cabbagepots alt

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

if you’re below 6’ you’re a woman to me

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fallen Hamprince posted:

if you’re below 6’ you’re a woman to me

Libertarians agree, but they they think there’s a speck of dust on the screen.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Platystemon posted:

Libertarians agree, but they they think there’s a speck of dust on the screen.

I didn't like this at first but then I did. I like this

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

I'm 5'8. In between man and woman but closer to woman. Which makes me bisexual leaning towards being a woman? I think I have that right.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

LargeHadron posted:

I didn't like this at first but then I did. I like this

Pretty much same except change the first like to get, I thought the thread was gonna be done with that post tbh

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Carmant posted:

I'm 5'8. In between man and woman but closer to woman. Which makes me bisexual leaning towards being a woman? I think I have that right.

the gayest guy I know is like 5'6

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Not caught up on the academic research yet to decide whether to gas thread and ban OP

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

i want a 9 foot woman to bop me on the head until i die

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Carmant posted:

:hai:

A Russian troll farm posted:

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Not caught up on the academic research yet to decide whether to gas thread and ban OP

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

All women should be tall and all men should be short op

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

the height of masculinity is a guy who is 5'4 and has a tiny dick

absolute king

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

actually wait no, i want a woman who is the size of thumbelina to crawl into my rear end and then grow into a 9 foot tall woman, exploding me like a balloon in the process

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

miniscule12 posted:

absolute king

stavros halkias?

edit: because he is indeed the peak of masculinity in many positive surprising ways

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Here's the Kleiner/Freeman study

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

being 5'4 rules

:yeah:

I used to hate being a short dude but it means I fit into everything and I haven't even held a basketball or a volleyball since high school so lol

the world is designed for people under 5'10"

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

He said he's a boy, not a man

He's 5'8"

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

A Russian troll farm posted:

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Its Coke posted:

yesterday at the pharmacy I met a really cool kid (roughly 10) in the Christmas aisle. she was so awesome, just making up stories and jokes to no one in particular about the toys. her voice kind of sounded like Entrapta from the new She-Ra. I went and chatted up her single mom in the checkout line, but she was just a basic bitch compared to her daughter. still I was strongly considering trying to get in a relationship with her, to be a cuck dad to the chill daughter just so I could hear various things she said all day

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

:eek:

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I’m a man under 6’ and in a lot of my interactions I’m still the tallest person so maybe shut your pie hole op

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
im a short guy that loves tall women with big dicks

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

as a trans woman i agree with op, hail satan and may she bless everyone itt with transness

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’d love a giant lady to pick me up and swing me around by the ankles and bash my brains out upon a Boulder

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

making this face irl and I can’t stop

gas thread and ban OP

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
a tall woman can help you reach high shelves without having to grab a ladder or potentially damaging your furniture

also they can defend you from predators, both human and others within the animal kingdom

Its Coke posted:

yesterday at the pharmacy I met a really cool kid (roughly 10) in the Christmas aisle. she was so awesome, just making up stories and jokes to no one in particular about the toys. her voice kind of sounded like Entrapta from the new She-Ra. I went and chatted up her single mom in the checkout line, but she was just a basic bitch compared to her daughter. still I was strongly considering trying to get in a relationship with her, to be a cuck dad to the chill daughter just so I could hear various things she said all day

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Schmeichy posted:

please reconsider posting things that make you look like humbert humbert from lolita

probably one of the all-time greatest replies on this site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

miniscule12 posted:

absolute king

yep