Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

NewPlayer posted:

Does anyone know anybody from the campaign? Nichael and I need a job.

if you need my resume, you can just send my post history. it is very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

yes, Jess actually finished her MBA whereas Fetterman did not.

she has said a lot that the mba is by far her least attractive quality

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

pre-op bebop posted:

Eh, I can't imagine giving the slightest of shits if someone/a politician has a MBA or not.

It didn't even help getting liberal idiots to vote for her because they always had an excuse that she wasn't traditionally educated or experienced enough.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The libs are going to attack Fetterman with this, and I can't really blame them because his actions here seem really hosed up and/or dumb.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

it's absolutely not good, but the bar is very, very low in America

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/malcolmkenyatta/status/1338992582869835777?s=19

I feel like my nickname for Fetterman's primary opponent should be Fresh Prince of Pete-Air but I'm open to workshopping it. He's really lib.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/malcolmkenyatta/status/1214911014979940354?s=19

this seems very bad

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

Connor Lamb would just be a younger Joe Manchin
i dont actually know much about Kenyatta im sure he's terrible
Sharif Street is John Street's son lol
Val Arkoosh is the perfect democrat in the sense that she's an empty vessel for democratic platitudes that's never taken a non DNC approved stance on anything
Someone else? who? one of the other empty suit democrats that roam the Philly or Pittsburgh suburbs?

luckily though this is a very winnable race for the dems cause the declared republican candidates so far are perennial losers and/or nobodys

Kenyatta was a very vocal Biden primary supporter.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

PeterCat posted:

So, when is this election? November of next year?

PA primary is early summer.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

What's the alternative for Pennsylvanians who want to see good outcomes?

I'm not enthused with his answers on Israel or the GND, but the alternative is almost certainly :justpost:. It's pretty clear in 2022 we can't do much better anymore, and the only hopeful stuff is what Chris Smalls and his associates have done, as well as owning libs like Lamb and Kenyatta.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

where's that lib meme telling coders to move to wyoming, bing bing bong bong so simple

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Doesn’t having a stroke make him seem frail and sick to voters? Or these days maybe it makes him relatable?

democrats clearly care about mental acuity, thus their leader is joe biden

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

the vast majority of primary voters know

:wrong:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I don't know who this is.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

how could you disown your own father like this

the canon is tom carper is my dad, chris coons, carney, and biden are my uncles

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

please don't slur

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

bedpan posted:

Listening to a real lib podcast that was released days before election day and Fetterman being "big" and "only wearing shorts and not pants" were explicitly brought up as reason people voted for him and supported him

if they want to win, they should do this maybe???

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

https://www.centredaily.com/news/politics-government/article261521477.html

This article is incredible, the main takeway seems to be that Lamb didn't listen to his consultants enough???

quote:

As early as 2020, Democrats in Pennsylvania were billing the expected U.S. Senate primary between Conor Lamb and John Fetterman as an epic clash between two titans: the clean-cut moderate “beauty” against the populist goateed “beast.”
rofl what is wrong with these people

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I need 212 gifts in the next hour.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I figured PA goons might see this here, so excuse the off topic post. if any of you want to come to something with a bunch of depressive leftists and musicians and alcohol, five minutes over the border in de, you're free to. just pm me for the exact address.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

Pennsylvania would never vote for a rich rear end in a top hat who was on lifestyles of the rich and famous

now, to see who won here in 2016.

admittedly, dr senator oz isn't funny while trump is

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I do feel strongly enough about healthcare, than I think anyone willing to support single payer or some kind of government UHC is a net good. But I'm not even sure if 2022 Fetterman does. He did prior, but he's gotten more lib as this has gone along.

I also feel strongly enough about the environment, that it's also close to a single issue thing for me, and he clearly sucks there lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It's pretty funny that he lives in a cavernous warehouse for some reason.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

There is not a single human being who is pro-choice and is going to vote for Oz because Fetterman slurs his words a little. It's a frankly insane narrative.

I don't know that this is true. "Moderate" Democrats are insane.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

"You need to vote for someone who is ideologically opposed to everything you stand for because the other guy slurs his words a little but will be replaced with someone you also agree with if he can't hack it" is all over social media today, makes u think.

Voters are not rational beings, especially wealthy, "intellectual" centrists. People like this often do not vote on ideological grounds. Gut instincts, emotion, and odd four-dimensional chess "strategic" thoughts color how they think about politics, because they're financially comfortable and they have no critical thinking, as well as a dearth of morality.

I don't know if this is going to substantively affect Fetterman, but to say that not a single weirdo is going to change their mind on this is absurd, especially considering the last ten years of empirical and anecdotal data in American politics.

Nichael has issued a correction as of 16:51 on Oct 12, 2022

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Apraxin posted:

yeah that's fair (i don't think he does but i see why people would be worried), what gets me is poo poo like this where him looking at the cc machine to understand the question and then answering it becomes 'he couldn't answer the question because he was looking at the machine' and the msn just nods along
https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1580222586360733696
Wait, they released Chris Matthews from the Island of Misfit Sexmonsters? When did this happen?

Apraxin posted:

bonus points for 'how will he debate for pennsylvania on the senate floor?' like what the gently caress do they think senators do
lmao libs have no loving idea what electeds actually do

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The undecided voter doesn't exist in the general election in 2022. He is a relic of the 1990s. He is a ghost blip on the political radar screen.

They're not undecided, they are just telling themselves are. They are insane, "centrist" libs (and occasionally never-Trump chuds), who are almost always going to land on the most right wing option, while they console themselves as not being all that bad because they voted for Obama in 2008.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Filthy Hans posted:

if you're so scared of moderates why do you continue to live in Delaware

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Shiroc posted:

Jess Scarane pops up in my brain every so often as a deeply funny intrusive thought

she's a good person and we wouldn't have been as :yooge: SCHLONGED! like we were if covid didn't happen. we're dealt the cards we get, and the world loving blows. I don't know what materially would've changed if Coons was out (probably nothing lmao) but I still enjoy mildly irritating libs.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

incumbent senators are almost universally untouchable in primaries, it's not just a covid thing

it's pretty much entirely 60+ year-old, lifelong party-line voters who show up, plus a tiny handful of freaks like us

I truly don't think that's applicable in Delaware. The scale and the utter lack of effort from the establishment here makes it ideal for this. COVID affected canvassing, and in turn negated probably our best asset, which was actually meeting her in person. In a city like Wilmington, you can become a known quantity pretty quickly (again, due to small size) and that's beneficial here because a substantial chunk of the Democratic voting base is in Wilmington. I know this from experience, I basically was becoming "known" from just a few months of canvassing there constantly in 2018 (also I have dumb hair so I stand out, but she would've too re: attractive).

However, it's not like I'm going to be able to test this theory in a COVID-free environment any time soon. Partially due to COVID never ending, and partially due to there being no realistic ability to primary Carper in 2024, a high turnout year, where people will be extremely defensive about preserving Biden's second term.

edit: also the events of 2020 absolutely broke a ton of people around here, including myself

Nichael has issued a correction as of 15:23 on Oct 13, 2022

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

If Fetterman is incapable of serving, the governor replaces him.

Framing it as "vote for Oz because Fat Man's brain not so good" is utterly insane

Voters are not rational actors, however you're objectively correct. It's insane.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nichael posted:

I truly don't think that's applicable in Delaware. The scale and the utter lack of effort from the establishment here makes it ideal for this. COVID affected canvassing, and in turn negated probably our best asset, which was actually meeting her in person. In a city like Wilmington, you can become a known quantity pretty quickly (again, due to small size) and that's beneficial here because a substantial chunk of the Democratic voting base is in Wilmington. I know this from experience, I basically was becoming "known" from just a few months of canvassing there constantly in 2018 (also I have dumb hair so I stand out, but she would've too re: attractive).

However, it's not like I'm going to be able to test this theory in a COVID-free environment any time soon. Partially due to COVID never ending, and partially due to there being no realistic ability to primary Carper in 2024, a high turnout year, where people will be extremely defensive about preserving Biden's second term.

Agean90 posted:

cspam posters don't get to hold people's brains not working against them imo
seems appropriate to quote this here

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Zerg Mans posted:

50 points!

Have you considered trying to do things outside? Often times those things are more difficult than posting, even in light of the high quality of your artisan crafted poo poo posts

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

oh cool he's just like the other 99 freaks

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

2fat4sex posted:

Senate race between Jeffrey Dahmer and the guy whose skull he just got done drilling into five minutes ago

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

hoo boy is that bad combo of takes lol

where's that worst possible answer meme

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

"me am ... me am .... me am like fracking." *blood sprays from ears*

Hello Senator!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

why does dr oz talk like a faust taunt in guilty gear

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

indigi posted:

what exactly is his radical weed position, is it more radical than legalization (which almost half the states have passed and Biden is pushing for rescheduling federally)

what does this mean? not trying to be rude, but it's my understanding that the executive can do this unilaterally and instantly. what is to push?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Whenever it's suggested the President do Good Thing, and someone replies with a lot of words about how Good Thing can't be done, it's interesting that those same words do not apply to when President wants to do Bad Thing (i.e. committing genocide in a region or running concentration camps).

Ah well, nothing to be done I suppose! That's what the inbred rapists who founded this country wanted.