Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotNowBro
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/31/arts/television/joe-ruby-dead.html

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/scooby-doo-co-creator-ken-spears-dead

RIP Joe Ruby and Ken Spears

(Granted one of the creators died in August, but still).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
I hope they didn't turn into g-g-g-g-ghosts!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

what's that?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
And they would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
every full nude velma cosplay is a riveting success

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Ruh roh!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
the creators of scooby-die dood

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

And I would've lived forever too, if it wasn't for those meddling free radicals

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

gary oldmans diary posted:

full nude velma cosplay
A pair of glasses

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

FactsAreUseless posted:

A pair of glasses

a headband surely as well

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

At the funeral...
"Look everyone! It's The Harlem Globetrotters"!

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
RIP dudes who created Turbo Teen.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
ruh-roh

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Hoping Casey Casem gives the Eulogy in character.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Oh, he ded too.

:rip:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Scrappy Doo is primitively banned from the service.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Let's split up gang.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

zaepg posted:

ruh-roh

RUH ROH RAGGY

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I want to gently caress Velma. I have neither learned nor taken anything else from Scooby Do over my lifetime other than I want to gently caress the ever loving poo poo out of Velma's tight rear end. RIP.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Looks like we've got another mystery on our hands.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

And they would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids

Got their rear end. It’s a crime I only paid $10 to join these forums :vince:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I want to gently caress Velma. I have neither learned nor taken anything else from Scooby Do over my lifetime other than I want to gently caress the ever loving poo poo out of Velma's tight rear end. RIP.

One google image search of "Velma Cosplay" and I'm fixin' to start hollerin' like a dog passin' a peach pit

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

The_Continental posted:

One google image search of "Velma Cosplay" and I'm fixin' to start hollerin' like a dog passin' a peach pit

What do you mean? What is/are cosplay?

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I assume they faked their death as part of an elaborate real estate scam, start combing the ledgers for sales of discounted Halloween latex masks, then cross-reference regionally with noise complaints near dilapidated mansions.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Well poo poo I guess I only get the one opportunity to post this:

THE OFFICIAL RANKING OF ALL SCOOBY DOO MEDIA

Scooby Doo on Zombie Island <- This is the top of the pile. The greatest scooby doo movie. Arguably started the trend of scooby doo media in which they are self aware that they've solved like fifteen million mysteries and the supernatual is obviously bullshit which might have been a bad thing for the franchise as a whole but regardless this is the best of the bunch.

Scooby Doo and the Witch's Ghost: Tim Curry is the good guy right up until he's the bad guy. This one has sexy witches but only one of them is a real witch. Unfortunately the best part of this movie is the climax and it's like ten minutes long while the rest of the film is just decent enough so it can't have the top spot.

A pup named Scooby Doo (All of it): Scooby doobie- doobie doobie doo- scooby doobie- scooby doobie doo- THERE'S A MYSTERY IN TOWN SO CALL THE COOLEST PUP AROUND

Scooby Doo Live Action 1: Yes. Even with the extended fart sequence this qualifies as a shocking fourth spot pick. This movie came in way above the expectations set for it and the casting is on point. Did they use every opportunity to slip jokes about shaggy smoking weed under the radar? drat right they did. Did they finally bring up the elephant in the room that is Fred and Daphne's below surface sexual tension? They absolutely did. Did they point out that scrappy can go suck a nut and nobody likes him? Yep. A good movie that made important progress in the scooby doo canon.

Scooby Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf/Scooby Doo and the Ghoul School. These movies kick rear end and were only just barely unseated by zombie isle and witches ghosts by virtue of the fact that neither the reluctant werewolf or the ghoul school make one lick of sense. They just exist. And they are fantastic. Ghoul School has a lengthy "competing summer camps in a sports competition" subplot because these movies were made in the eighties so I guess strap in for that.

Scooby Doo Meets _______: They did a few of these, consider them all lumped in here.Top tier is the batman guest stars. I'm not gonna list all of the other guests but consider the episodes with the harlem globetrotters and the one with the addams family to be in that top category too. I genuinely can't remember if the one with Don Knotts is any good but it gets special mention.

Scooby Doo Classic: This is the good stuff. The Miner 49er and company!

There was some scooby doo revival I didn't watch where Velma was a lesbian I'm not saying it isn't good but I only have second hand accounts to put this program in this part of the list

--------------------------------- <- This line marks the descent into questionable viewing decisions for the discerning scooby doo fan

Scooby Doo meets the Boo Brothers: Shaggy's rich uncle fought for the confederates and wait where are you going I swear this isn't about flags

Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase: Some programmer loves scooby doo so much he created virtual scooby doo people and virtual monsters for them to.... solve? Defeat? Either way you get jokes about classic scooby doo and some context for how far the franchise has come.

Scooby Doo and the Legend of the Vampire: This one is really only here on the list because it wasn't a failure like some of the listings below but also there is literally nothing special about it unless you really didn't get enough of masturbating to those goth chicks from Scooby Doo and the Witch's Ghost.

<--- I'm officially going to wikipedia to reference the direct to home video movies because they made a loving billion of them

Scooby Doo and the Monster of Mexico: I swear to god I watched this one and can't remember a single loving thing about it except it wasn't annoying to watch.

Scooby Doo and the Loch Ness Monster: This is another scooby doo movie where to enjoy it you just have to be really dumb and not get basic concepts for a feature length span of time. Skip, Absolutely skip.

Scooby Doo in Where's My Mummy?/Aloha scooby doo: This is actually where I stopped. It's been fifteen years since I've watched a new scooby doo. Of the two films aloha is slightly better but do not watch either.

Scooby Doo and the Alien Invaders: gently caress this movie. It's not even the worst of the bunch necessarily but it sucks poo poo. The aliens aren't scary, they look like broccoli, I genuinely can't remember what about this movie has offended me so because after watching it I was so pissed off I decided to scrub it from my memory twenty one years later. The plot of this movie treats the discerning scooby doo fan like they are an idiot when in fact they totally help solve mysteries with the gang.

Scooby Doo 2 Monsters Unleashed: It's amazing to me that a movie that is at times solid like the first live action scooby doo had a followup that was crap for literally every second of its runtime but if you think about it the idea never really deserved to merit a sequel and that someone out there thought it did speaks volumes to the love put into scooby doo live action #1.

<------------- Below this line I didn't see and so I'm gonna tell you how good I think it is based on the title and the cover

Scooby Doo and the Goblin King:

Absolute poo poo.

Scooby Doo and the Samurai Sword:

Eww

Scooby-Doo! Abracadabra-Doo:

I'm amazed this isn't the thing that killed the creators, looking back on it.

<----- Skipping some poo poo

Scooby-Doo! Music of the Vampire:

No seriously. That's real.

Scooby-Doo! and Kiss: Rock and Roll Mystery:

If I'm watching any of this garbage it's probably gonna be this one

Daphne & Velma:

What. The. gently caress.

Scooby-Doo! Return to Zombie Island

Not seen this but there's no way it lives up to the original. I'll check it out and report back sometime.

Scoob!

Scoob........... Scoob.

reignofevil fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Nov 10, 2020

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
On a serious note, I bring up Scooby-Doo in my science class at least once a year. I love pointing out that it is one of the only kids shows that takes a skeptical view of the supernatural. They generally spend most of their time NOT assuming the ghosts are real (Except for Shaggy, and we all know that's because he's EternaStoned). They tend to be very methodical and do better scientific investigations than scientists on most kid shows.

On a side note, the teachers at our school do the whole Halloween costume thing each year. The science department tends to do a group theme. A few years ago we did Scooby-Doo. I was Old Man Grffiths, because that year our team was large enough to cover the major characters and then some.

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

]Heres comes a wild chalen-gerlrllr~

Scooby doo and the gang go to Zombie Island is a legit scary movie. Gotta be their best.

This one is solid too.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
On another serious note I also want to gently caress Daphne. I dunno if the guys that made this did it on purpose or if they just accidentally tapped into my brain during my formative years but these guys sure knew who I wanted to gently caress. Total geniuses in that respect.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Funky Do the lesser known branch member of the Doo Family Tree.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
That ranking doesn’t have The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo so it’s clear you don’t know nearly enough to be making a tier list.

Also, and I realize this was already addressed in the Hanna-Barberean Council of 1983, but as a member of the Reform Church of Doo I must once again argue for the inclusion of Jabberjaw as part of the canon.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

christmas boots posted:

That ranking doesn’t have The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo so it’s clear you don’t know nearly enough to be making a tier list.

Also, and I realize this was already addressed in the Hanna-Barberean Council of 1983, but as a member of the Reform Church of Doo I must once again argue for the inclusion of Jabberjaw as part of the canon.

Nyuck Nycuk Nyot on my watch!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Iwao Takamoto died like 13 years ago my dude

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Do you think Fred and Daphne were loving the entire time off camera??

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Rip scabby duds

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I get the song from the "Nowhere to Hyde" episode stuck in my head all the time. Also, Pup Named Scooby Doo is underrated.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Do you think Fred and Daphne were loving the entire time off camera??

I think they'd both be snobby enough to think they're too good for each other.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It was totally that, but still a 'once and done and neither enjoyed it and never spoke of it again' type situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Sid Vicious posted:

a headband surely as well

That's Daphne, you clod!