Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

docbeard posted:

The fast food thing is kind of funny but yeah there are plenty of people who'd love a whole pile of burgers and fries more than a fancy state dinner. You can't even really get Trump on his whole "this is what you people like to eat" attitude because it's also what he likes to eat.

i distinctly recall some twitterati peeps going "oh this unhealthy trash is what you serve to ATHLETES the horror," not realising actual athletes and football guys especially will loving devour unhealthy piles of calories on the reg because they actually move and do poo poo with their bodies

it was extremely funny in the context of a white house dinner with the candles and poo poo, but once you forget that's what it was supposed to be it's actually not indefensibly stupid - a standard very few trumpo decisions reached

dex_sda has issued a correction as of 15:36 on Nov 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I'm partial to "very cool, very legal", that's such a great turn of phrase.

But the funniest moments have to be the often correct characterisations he gave of people like Bolton, Guaido etc.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Maya Fey posted:

i think it's time we all admit that trump was one hell of a poster. he'll be missed

Good news: he's gonna keep posting and the media's gonna keep reporting on it, which will be our sole reprieve from hell

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

upgunned shitpost posted:

nadler making GBS threads himself.

"We are the vanguard of democracy and we're gonna save the election from these nazis and - oh NO"

*pppfffffftttppptttt*

Might not be Trump related directly but definitely one of my favorite moments from this year

salisbury shake
Dec 27, 2011
NY Times: Shoot Migrants’ Legs, Build Alligator Moat: Behind Trump’s Ideas for Border

quote:

Privately, the president had often talked about fortifying a border wall with a water-filled trench, stocked with snakes or alligators, prompting aides to seek a cost estimate. He wanted the wall electrified, with spikes on top that could pierce human flesh. After publicly suggesting that soldiers shoot migrants if they threw rocks, the president backed off when his staff told him that was illegal. But later in a meeting, aides recalled, he suggested that they shoot migrants in the legs to slow them down. That’s not allowed either, they told him.

“The president was frustrated and I think he took that moment to hit the reset button,” said Thomas D. Homan, who had served as Mr. Trump’s acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, recalling that week in March. “The president wanted it to be fixed quickly.”

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
I'm sorry but if you can't see how hilarious putting a bunch of individually packaged McDonald's dipping sauces into the presumably antique silver gravy boats is idk what to say to you

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4eHQ6wkTPA

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1227946304057364481

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1229871184193282048

Divot
Dec 23, 2013

when he’s right he’s right

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

the phrases: "many many french fries" and "local milk people" will stay in my head forever

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think my favorite is when Bush talked about not being able to hide in the Oval office and trump thought he meant because it was round

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

that trump tweet about Bloomberg licking his fingers was pretty funny

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

eonwe posted:

I think my favorite is when Bush talked about not being able to hide in the Oval office and trump thought he meant because it was round

Lmfao

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

eonwe posted:

lmao

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

yellowcar posted:

the phrases: "many many french fries" and "local milk people" will stay in my head forever

good choices

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

hamberders

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

eonwe posted:

No, it was so much worse than that!

Bush allegedly said "the reason the Oval Office is round is there are no corners you can hide in" which is dumb but at least is an attempt at a coherent joke, but Trump couldn't even comprehend that! He started jabbering about the open floor plan.

"Well, there's truth to that. There is truth to that. There are certainly no corners. And you look, there's a certain openness. But there's nobody out there. You know, there is an openness, but I've never seen anybody out there actually, as you could imagine."

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Slamhound posted:

Bush allegedly said "the reason the Oval Office is round is there are no corners you can hide in" which is dumb but at least is an attempt at a coherent joke, but Trump couldn't even comprehend that! He started jabbering about the open floor plan.

"Well, there's truth to that. There is truth to that. There are certainly no corners. And you look, there's a certain openness. But there's nobody out there. You know, there is an openness, but I've never seen anybody out there actually, as you could imagine."

Just absolute word salad lmao

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

People thought he was the messiah

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

The fact that, by the end of this, we're going to be calling HIM Mr Brexit.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Slamhound posted:

lol holy poo poo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Mantis42 posted:

People thought he was the messiah

think

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

the moment he put on the hard hat and the hogs going ballistic was when i knew he was gonna become president

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

yellowcar posted:

the moment he put on the hard hat and the hogs going ballistic was when i knew he was gonna become president

does anyone have the og 'nothing matters' tweet?

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

that time trump started talking about t to he F-35 and his brain somehow mixed up government oversight transparency with physical transparency and said the jets were invisible to the naked eye

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Truniht posted:

that time trump started talking about t to he F-35 and his brain somehow mixed up government oversight transparency with physical transparency and said the jets were invisible to the naked eye

Real comedy option: we actually have an invisible jet and trump just told everybody

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Dumb fuckers never did get their wall.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Zeroisanumber posted:

I wonder a lot, could Trump have built the wall purely through executive action? Was there some emergency declaration he could have made besides the ones he tried that would have let him do it?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

i thought one guy crowdfunded a section but it all fell over from strong gulf winds

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Homeless Friend posted:

i thought one guy crowdfunded a section but it all fell over from strong gulf winds

The guys who crowdfunded it stole all of the money and immediately got arrested for fraud.

Trump pissed off the troops by diverting money from real army stuff into his dumbass wall and slightly more racist and dumb border troops.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Jewel Repetition posted:

I wonder a lot, could Trump have built the wall purely through executive action? Was there some emergency declaration he could have made besides the ones he tried that would have let him do it?

He couldn’t fund it fully without congress, hence why he did what he could by diverting military money under his discretion.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
How has the tiny desk incident not penetrated this thread?

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/27/mini-desk-trump-mocked-speech-little-table-diaperdon-twitter-president-furniture

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Zeroisanumber posted:

Occasionally I remember there was some Trump voter who ran a butterfly sanctuary near the border and got his land seized by eminent domain to build the wall. loving owned

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

lmao the fuckin orb

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Succ zone thread is thataway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009