Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

No Wave posted:

Each play gives a precious chest and the last one gives you a special piece of furniture (that won't ever be sold in the teapot because of what it is). Definitely use a guide for Mona's domain and island. Xinyan's domain has a 50 primo luxurious chest. Kazuha's island is super long and I don't think any of the chests are that good, xinyan's island best reward is a triple precious chest you can probably look up somewhere.

Xinyans is also probably the most straightforward (and gives you furniture), so that's more or less worth doing.

I'm not sure if one exists, so I'd probably gamble on the "better" (read: less poo poo) rewards being in the domain chests, which mihoyo has graciously deigned to provide a tracker for.

More importantly, besides the few exciting furniture chests, which are more or less worth the hassle, the domain chests aren't too bad to get (except, perhaps, Xinyans, since that requires a bit of warping around. Basically the less annoying the domain is, the more annoying the island is setting aside time wasting nonsense like the plays and truthseeker ravens and all that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Huh, I assumed world quests would no longer be doable at reset since the ones in my log had a timer on them that ended earlier. I managed to do them all before reset except the chain with a subquest for each island. Apparently I still have time to do that one. Not sure if the timer was a ruse or if it's because I had started one of them already.

Still, tons of random puzzles on the island I don't think I have the time or patience to finish before 3.0 drops. Especially all those random constellations and time changing stuff on Mona's island, or however the hell Broken Isle works.

Edit: Or chests in domains. Those are kind of a dick move, imo. Only part I didn't like about the otherwise phenomenal story content.

I'll just take solace in the fact that missing all those chests is probably equivalent to one Debate Club.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Aug 23, 2022

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

BabyRyoga posted:

Doing these limited time events on the last night is great when there is a bridge puzzle that apparently doesn't even work properly.

Fischls? And on mobile?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Dendro being playable in less than 24 hours hasn't really sunk in yet. Feels more like a dream (:v:)

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I can't decide what I want to try out first, a burning team or a catalyze team. I'm excited to see how Fischl will perform, but also dreading it as my current build is hybrid physical and has 12 EM...at least I'll be able to farm new TF pieces more efficiently.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Space Opera posted:

I can't decide what I want to try out first, a burning team or a catalyze team. I'm excited to see how Fischl will perform, but also dreading it as my current build is hybrid physical and has 12 EM...at least I'll be able to farm new TF pieces more efficiently.

The most EM I have mine built for is just 'Holding a Stringless' and she does great, I've just got her holding an Electro dmg% goblet.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Tighnari/Collei/Fischl/Venti is gonna be the first real 4x bow team

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I keep trying to air dash and double jump in Genshin, lol

gandlethorpe posted:

Dendro being playable in less than 24 hours hasn't really sunk in yet. Feels more like a dream (:v:)

5 condensed resin and this week’s transient ready to go, along with 240 skill books and 3m mora :c00l:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
18.5 million mora. 1500 purple books. It will not last me through 3.1.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Tighnari/Collei/Fischl/Venti is gonna be the first real 4x bow team

Perfect time for a new 5* bow user when my controller's right stick drifts like a motherfucker too. :mad:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Do we know anything about dendro traveler? Sure hope dendro traveler is available immediately, otherwise dendro isn't really playable for the rest of us :colbert:

I saved up a buncha 5* artifact box things from the abyss rewards so I can get a dendro goblet hopefully

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Staring at my artifacts page and plunging into despair @ the thought of dropping hundreds of 5s into the strongbox grinder... and not improving any builds.

But I musn't lose hope...!

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I'm ready for the D.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Sanctum posted:

Do we know anything about dendro traveler? Sure hope dendro traveler is available immediately, otherwise dendro isn't really playable for the rest of us :colbert:

Dendro MC should be usable as soon as you find the first Sumeru archon statue. So far, it looks like access to Sumeru won't be story-gated, so you should be able to rush a statue.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Sanctum posted:

I saved up a buncha 5* artifact box things from the abyss rewards so I can get a dendro goblet hopefully

The 3.0 livestream showed off some of their moves I think. But the leaks have been out for weeks, if you want specifics then Honey Hunter has you covered.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

HYV needs to give us a heat map of where players parked before logging out pre-maintenance.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Fischl is so much cooler in Honkai Impact, wtf
she got added as a collab character a while back, alongside the Andrius boss fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVjUsHoFJDY

Look at all the flair she has in that basic attack string!

Oh huh ever since I got HoT's new weapon I've been using the same team as that trailer (when using lightning.)

Before that Fischl was the main DPS on that team and honestly I'm not sure it was that much of an upgrade.

Fischl rules.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

No Wave posted:

18.5 million mora. 1500 purple books. It will not last me through 3.1.

Tanreall posted:

I'm ready for the D.

:eyepop:

I’m glad everyone I like is 90 already

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MajorBonnet posted:

HYV needs to give us a heat map of where players parked before logging out pre-maintenance.

theres a spot where you can actually see a sumeru teleport point already im pretty sure, so im parked there

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

You're all going back to Katheryne to reset your expeditions anyway :colbert:

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Traveller posted:

I'm charging straight into Sumeru. I don't even care if my resin is capped.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Traveller posted:

Exactly.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

MajorBonnet posted:

I'm charging straight into Sumeru. I don't even care if my resin is capped.

you monster

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

God drat, there are a lot of extra chests and quests after the event story. Some of them are pretty convoluted, no way am I finishing them. I guess I'm gonna miss some significant rewards for the first time ever. Best focus on the unique rewards like furniture I'll never use.

Edit: do I really need to watch a 5 act play?

I went back and did all the ones linked to quests, but there are definitely a bunch of others I didn't do.

Some are pretty involved. I liked the star one that ends in your walking on an invisible floor super high up in the sky above the islands. The Fischl one (the play one you mention) kinda sucks. It took me a while to realize that I could simply look at the map and zoom in to find the various stages instead of blindly running around looking for them.

Boat one is sad. I'm not sure what to think about the ethics of interacting with all of these temporary life-forms. Like I'm talking to these bird statues, but they're presumably doomed to stop existing soon!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

May as well wander around mondstadt killing balloons and spying on a dude for a nosy-rear end nun before going to sumeru. God knows paimon's gonna make us take some idiotic route to get there anyway.

Ytlaya posted:

I went back and did all the ones linked to quests, but there are definitely a bunch of others I didn't do.

Some are pretty involved. I liked the star one that ends in your walking on an invisible floor super high up in the sky above the islands. The Fischl one (the play one you mention) kinda sucks. It took me a while to realize that I could simply look at the map and zoom in to find the various stages instead of blindly running around looking for them.

Boat one is sad. I'm not sure what to think about the ethics of interacting with all of these temporary life-forms. Like I'm talking to these bird statues, but they're presumably doomed to stop existing soon!

It's fine, those bird statues are all figments of fischl's imagination, just like the talking flowers are for xinyan.

Well, except the ones that aren't, like the tanuki and the boat and that stupid squirrel that existed for all of 5 minutes.

gandlethorpe posted:

Huh, I assumed world quests would no longer be doable at reset since the ones in my log had a timer on them that ended earlier. I managed to do them all before reset except the chain with a subquest for each island. Apparently I still have time to do that one. Not sure if the timer was a ruse or if it's because I had started one of them already.

Still, tons of random puzzles on the island I don't think I have the time or patience to finish before 3.0 drops. Especially all those random constellations and time changing stuff on Mona's island, or however the hell Broken Isle works.

Edit: Or chests in domains. Those are kind of a dick move, imo. Only part I didn't like about the otherwise phenomenal story content.

I'll just take solace in the fact that missing all those chests is probably equivalent to one Debate Club.

I like the chests in domains, they're a good excuse to wander around and hope you don't trigger the next event. Better than trying to remember what the walk button is so you don't jog too fast and cut off half the dialogue.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Zenostein posted:

I like the chests in domains, they're a good excuse to wander around and hope you don't trigger the next event. Better than trying to remember what the walk button is so you don't jog too fast and cut off half the dialogue.

I liked Mona's because it was clear you're meant to go back and solve extra puzzles. The other ones didn't compel me to go back, so I felt like I had to search nooks and crannies for chests while doing the story.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
is it even possible to get the Xinyan domain's chests without coming back later? There were entire huge areas that you didn't visit for the story.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Apparently the talking squirrel was supposed to be a harry potter reference so I'm glad it got cooked offscreen :flame:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

is it even possible to get the Xinyan domain's chests without coming back later? There were entire huge areas that you didn't visit for the story.

Nah, you had to go all the way through the thing to get that one chest you saw pretty near the start. Kazuha's had lots of parkour nonsense and room rotating, Xinyan had the teleporters and janky-rear end gliding mechanics to circle around to a chest you saw ages ago, and Mona's was just "I hope you saw this other room and didn't forget to come back to it."

Fischl's was my favorite, because it was mostly that classic RPG staple of "wander around everywhere you're not meant to be going in this castle until you find a treasure." Then again, I also liked the shadowbox puzzles there, even if they were definitely asking for way more precision than was remotely necessary (or pleasant).

MoonCrab posted:

Apparently the talking squirrel was supposed to be a harry potter reference so I'm glad it got cooked offscreen :flame:

Peculiar.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Oh wow, it's tomorrow already? Whatever happened with those last few weeks, yeesh.

Parking my butt just north of the lumberpick valley teleport, looks like the main road in.

(We will totally get a quest to see someone in Mondstadt/Liyue first. Or a Katheryne.)

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

:v: I logged out in my teapot bc I was putting up the decorations I got from the event in my house.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Last 3 patches: one new character (i missed heizou)
Next 2 patches: six! new! characters!!!!!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

All right, that chest where you gather 8 star bits is a good one to end on (or the one last one it leads you to). Time to park myself on Mt. Hulao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Wave posted:

Last 3 patches: one new character (i missed heizou)
Next 2 patches: six! new! characters!!!!!
seven if you count dendro mc

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Now that pretty much everyone's friendship is maxed out, running with mc will be an interesting change. +Six!!!!

Hopefully this banner will get me the last Fischl as well. I have pulled for her on every single banner, bought her twice (thrice?) in the shop and got both freebies. 4* pulling sucks.

e: VVV This is from playing since november 2020! Finally getting her last constellation this patch is ~~meant to be~~

valuum fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 23, 2022

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ I've mentioned this before, but one big advantage players from the beginning have is that we were able to get a bunch of constellations for the OP set of starter 4* characters (since roughly half of the 4*s on banners would have been someone real strong like Xiangling/Fischl/Bennett/Xingqiu/Sucrose). Now the 4* pool is diluted with a bunch of less powerful characters (not bad ones by any means, Thoma aside, but it just means it's a lot harder to get high constellations for Fischl or Bennett or whoever)

So we get the new zone tonight? Pretty neat, feels like it's been a relatively short time since Inazuma originally came out, even though I know that's not the case.

I think it's because of all the periodic additions we've gotten, so it doesn't feel as long as it's actually been.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 23, 2022

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Inazuma kind of ending up sucking in general so I am so glad we've got a new area to dick around in

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 23, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Inazuma took alot of iterations to go to "generally OK". If it was as it is now when I was first going through it, I wouldn't have been so disappointed. We'll see what they learn from Sumeru.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

They've been pretty good with puzzle design lately, but I am a little worried about feeling restricted in team comps with all the Dendro stuff that needs to be activated by Electro/Pyro. I already reflexively cringe whenever I see torches.