Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

yea i get it tho elemental sight is just really clunky and uninteresting and doesn't really add anything to the game i feel like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

MadMadi posted:

I'm still very early in this game (AR12), but hearing people with crazy deep rosters has me wondering if the frequency of pull currency picks up much. I've done 2 so far (Noelle and Ningguang) but don't feel like I'm getting more of the currency to do pulls.

no, people have been playing for over a month (2 months?) at this point so have had a lot more time to accumulate stuff. its just slow tho. and of course some people spend money to get more pulls

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

I have no idea how to tell what constellation people are just from looking. People were talking about how great Fishcl can be when you build her right be but I've only got her on C2 and I looked at the excel sheet on her and I have basically gently caress all to give her. No good bows, nothing.

so you just shouted 'MAX CONSTELLATIONS UGH' for no reason huh sounds like youre just looking for reasons to bitch because youre salty about something

not as if constellations is some kind of whale trap for 4* anyway, its way easier to get constellations for a 4* than it is to get a 5* unit period

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

i'm not too worried about maxing my constellations early cuz dupes will come eventually, no need to go hard for em.. much as i would love my ning to get her 7 star jades

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

ffs people just acknowledge that all this out of game stuff is just that, out of game stuff UNTIL they bring it in game, then you can decide if you hate it or not. if you dont like the big spooky 'complicated' plot just dont read those posts very simple stuff imo

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

awesmoe posted:

so how do you actually use ningguang? her basic attacks are weird, because she'll do sort of "fine" white damage occasionally but most of the time the numbers that pop up are yellow, and puny. charged attacks are a bit better but still nothing to write home about.
is her basic attack entirely a trap and i just want to swap to her, hit e and maybe q, then swap away?

she literally does not do any white damage, if you're getting some from her it's a special weapon proc. her numbers are 'small' because she does lots of fast + small hits instead of one big hit. she can do good damage (not TOP TIER MEGA NUTS damage) if you gear her well. She can swapped for utility if you like, but most of her kit is just damage so she has less utility than other people, but she can generate geo crystallize shields like crazy and the wall is nice to block ranged attacks.

basic combo is drop wall on a dude (run thru to get buff if you're high enough level for that), then 3x basic attack -> charged attack to do her big damage, ult if it's available, repeat forever. Since her attacks are ranged + homing and combo is pretty simple she is fairly easy to play, but requires lots of gear to do really good damage since she can't skate by on element reaction procs.

Also, she basically requires constellation 1 (and really wants 2 also) to be decent, more being better obviously.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

iirc they are planning on ~3 months between big patches so, early february maybe?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

evil paimon torturing you by having a hologram follow you while you continue your quest would be extremely on-brand

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

for people who don't use the discord someone found a nice video demonstrating the fatui skirmishers behavior and tips for fighting them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXCtJmNuKRM

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, I'm on a PS4 just for reference.

Can someone explain how to do Domains Co-Op? A lot of the times what'll happen is I'll go to look for a team for one, get taken to another world and then a few seconds after I load in everyone else dissapears. I usually just wait for another domain challenge join message to pop up because I don't know what else I can do.

it sounds like what is happening is the person hosting the world is starting the domain before you're loaded in, perhaps ps4 loading times are much slower or something idk. so everyone else gets the invite before you and the host just assumed you were afk maybe, i dunno. some people don't know you can send a second invite if someone doesnt join right away so they just go, i guess

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

the real zhongli tech is his spikes are the tallest climbable player made objects so definitely the way to go if you want to find wierd ways to get outside the map in dungeons

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I pulled zhong because he is cool and idgaf if hes the best pokemon in the world or not

like it would be cool if all the complaining got them to buff him but i'll probably use him either way

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

also I think people really undervalue geo shields in general, just having that free +3k barriers popping up all the time is super useful especially when you're not playing like an ELITE PRO GAMER dodging every single hit, hell take ning to that stupid rear end cold dungeon that doubles your cooldowns and she keeps the team alive better than any healer

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Oh so that’s how it works, good to know.

we dont actually know how it works

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

was feeling prettty good about my stockpile but some of you hoarders make me look like a little baby. also apparently i should be farming slimes more, i dont have much of that poo poo but i have like 3 characters that use it, ugh. mostly focus on fatui + treasurer hunters + abyss mages when i care to farm, up to 32 purple abyss dealies (that will vanish once i hit ar50)

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Hazdoc posted:

the problem with jean DPS is that she's splitting her damage between two types, physical and anemo. Diluc can build for pyro and be fine doing it, since he infuses his sword with pyro after bursting, but jean has no such luxury. So often she ends up being relegated to healer/nuke support rather than a proper DPS, unless you're explicitly building the team around her with a venti, for instance.

Does jean skills actually do notable damage? I was under the impression that people mainly used her for healing + the knockup / fall damage combo, which wouldn't rely on the ability's damage anyway. Don't have her but I feel like going physical-focused on her would be the way to go, assuming her healing scales on atk like qiqi

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

So I've been getting kicked from domain groups before they even begin because "Geo is crap" and I main Ningguang. This only really started up after Zhongli was released. :sigh:

fwiw i've never had this happen and also run Ning almost every co-op, you're probably just running into low level noobs who don't know the game well enough. Most experienced players know geo can be fine

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

well my crescent pike is r4 because xiangling is the only spear user right? right??

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

for stuff like crystalflies or butterflies, my general method is walking up to them then when you're at the range where they're gonna start moving tap dash + mash the grab, sometimes they go up and you have to jump also. good place to collect is outside the guyun dungeon and around the big tree in mondstadt, you don't need that many per day to stay neutral with the amount you use for condensed resin so you dont have to go out of your way for them once you have a good stash tho

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

well mob hp has to scale with your damage to some extent, it's expected that the higher level you will invest more time improving your characters and do more damage so obviously the enemies scale to match what you're expected to be able to deal with... like if you go 10 AR levels and haven't upgraded a single artifact thats kinda on you

(granted i basically did this from 35-45 but its not recommended)

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

why are people getting hit by an electro stone in the stormterror delivery, you can literally fly directly to the NPC with zero obstacles from the stormterror domain portal

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Space Opera posted:

Even though I got pretty much everything I wanted out of this last banner, I still kind of feel like I should pull for Zhongli. I love his character design and story, it's just a shame he's mechanically full of jank and just not terribly fun to play as :(

don't feel obligated, you'll never need specific 5* to play the game or people would riot. but he is getting a buff to be less janky so if you like him don't feel bad about going for it

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Asimo posted:

That doesn't work either, they explode in my face. :shrug:

to i-frame a projectile, you have to wait until it is close to you then hit dash right when its about to hit you, so it hits you while you are in the fast dodge animation.. not just hold sprint and run into them

it does require good timing tho which can take practice to get it correct

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

the event is inside a domain so world level doesn't come into play even a little bit. world level is ONLY for overworld stuff.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

I’m trying to finish up Dragonspine and found a floating light thing on the side of the mountain around here:

It just disappeared when I touched it and I have no idea what to google for. Anyone know what this was?

I ran into the same thing, some people in discord said it was supposed to make a new one spawn further down the mountain and you go follow the trail to a chest or something but it didn't work for me after a bunch of tries so I gave up, probably bugged (or not actually supposed to be in the game, since ive seen nothing like it anywhere else)

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

gently caress that spider quest every chest was a pain in the rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

malbogio posted:

150 Mint.
10 hero's wit, 18 adventurers experience.
I only used Sucrose to charge the device as an experiment.

attempted to repeat this, my results:

Only registered members can see post attachments!