Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
OP doesn't mention that the game actually has a pretty charming story, as well as top notch worldbuilding and VA.

Paimon is best emergency food character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Tartaglia/Childe does so many small packets of damage aside from his burst, I feel like electro would be a more effective pairing than pyro. Beidou would be the best enabler for that, I think.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Why do the test runs pair up the featured character with Kaeya so often? Not a great way to sell people on them, lol

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Elemental sight is also good for checking if a Ruin Guard will activate or an NPC/object can be interacted with.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I think they already adjusted burning grass damage. I was seeing over 100 damage a tick on update day, and now I only see 80-something.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Xaerael posted:

Current box!

Pshh, no Qiqi? Pathetic

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Hope you don't find his playstyle tedious, lol

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Dropbear posted:

I've been thinking of a party comp from my very lacking character selection. I like playing Chongyun or Kaeya, so I figured I'd try either of those as the main DPS, then Xiangling for applying fire, Qiqi for healing & the fire archer just for getting the +25% attack buff (I don't have other fire characters yet). The firebreath bear + Chongyun gives me plenty of easy melts, reducing ele resist & all attacks from his frost area become elemental. Does this sound workable?

I figured going all out on attack for the main DPS is probably the way to go, but I do get a fair amount of melts; would elemental mastery be worth it? Probably not, since it'd sacrifice a ton of atk?

You definitely want to run ATK on your main DPS, who should be Chongyun (best popsicle boi). EM is nice to have, but not at the expense of ATK. The best way to make use of EM on a carry is to have supports grant it to the party via Instructor artifacts and/or have Sucrose. I use both and hit around 300 EM on my Chongyun. :cool: Instructor is still very potent on its own and will make melts do about +20% damage. Note that Instructor's description is mistranslated, and the 120 EM is shared when the equipped character triggers a reaction.

I don't really recommend running Amber just to get the pyro resonance, though. You're limiting yourself too much on reactions that way. I'm not sure what level you are, but it sounds like at least 60 judging by what you said about Chongyun's field. At that level, I think you should have access to the Viridescent Venerer set dropped in the Valley of Remembrance domain. It makes anemo characters ridiculously good at supporting DPSers that mainly do one type of elemental damage. It's particularly amazing on Venti and Sucrose, but anemo Traveler can make good use of it too.

Finally, pray to get Xingqiu because Chongyun/Xingqiu are an unstoppable powercouple.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Sarsapariller posted:

That's been my interpretation but it's weird. I use Qiqi with Atk stats because they boost her healing, Lisa with EM, and Xiangling with physical dps stats. My go-to is to pop Qiqi's cold, swap to Lisa and drop a superconduct, then go to Xiangling to start racking up damage. When I need to break a shield or blow up a group I'll drop her fire bear and swap to Lisa to apply Overload.

All of this seems like it should work really well and it leaves me room for a fourth party member to swap around, but in practice I feel like Lisa's reactions do basically nothing in comparison to Xiangling's physical damage. It feels like smacking dudes with a wet noodle. I wish I could find a youtuber who had done some investment and wanted to compare different stat weights on the caster characters.

Are you sure you're triggering the overloads with Lisa? Guoba needs to apply pyro first, then Lisa, otherwise it'll use Xiangling's EM.

But yeah, Lisa's not very good.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

Finally got a 5* gacha weapon, and it's this fuckin thing:

I thought it might be fun on Noelle since she's always starved for Energy, but the procs only scale with Physical Damage so they don't work with her ult.

Is this thing good on anyone? Chongyun maybe?

Probably not optimal compared to an ATK/CRIT-statted claymore, but I think it'd be decent enough on Chong. His burst charges quickly already, but this would pretty much guarantee he can keep the passive up constantly.

Maybe Razor? Although his burst has a 20s cooldown, and he'll burn through the 8 hits quickly. He should get extra value from them though, since he gets bonus physical DMG.

Sadly, I think the current claymore roster just isn't made for this weapon. Xinyan might change that, since leaks seem to indicate that she benefits from both of pyro and physical damage.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Someone explain this web event that just started because none of it makes any sense. What am I suppose to do?

Basically an idler type game. Like in-game expeditions, but quicker. Earn credits and gain primo/mora.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, stacks only count as one inventory slot. No more worrying about grabbing too much mint!

Honestly, with how generous they are with inventory space, why even bother having a limit? Not that I'm complaining.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

That weapon is also generally known as BIS for Diluc for the same reason.

Against Wolf's Gravestone and its baseline +65.3% ATK at lvl 80? I don't know about that. I'm sure it's favorable to Aminus, but Gravestone is just nuts.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Dropbear posted:

Thanks, this helps a lot - didn't consider using instructor! Characters are just 40 atm, adventure level 25. I suppose I could switch Amber for something (electric? I have Fisch), but the +25% ATK from resonance sounds like a lot. Does it not add up to that much in practice?

Ah, then you don't have it yet. At AR30, it'll start dropping that set.

+25% ATK is considerable, but it doesn't translate to 25% more damage unless you have no other +ATK% (from your weapon or artifacts). This is because ATK% is based on only your base ATK stat, which comes from your character and weapon. Flat ATK from your artifacts don't factor in. Pyro resonance is good, but it might not be worth spending a slot on Amber and limiting your access to two elements.

On the other hand, your only free options for other elements are Barbara and Lisa, who may not add much either. Barbara can give you freeze, but the heal will be overkill with Qiqi. Lisa gives you overload, which is good, but superconduct doesn't synergize well with Chongyun. Their main benefit would be allowing you to counter certain elemental mobs.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Tsyni posted:

Has anyone put any hard thoughts into full instructor vs full viridescent venerer for Sucrose? Right now I am on a full VV set purely to lower fire resistance for Klee, but Sucrose's talents are geared towards EM so wondering about going all-in on it. I haven't crunched numbers yet so just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation.

Why not get the best of both worlds and run instructor on someone else? Right now I run VV on Sucrose and instructor on Xingqiu. If I ever get Diona, I'll probably have her with instructor and Xing with Noblesse. The cool thing is that Sucrose's talent works with a previously proc'd instructor bonus for an additional 24 EM.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Yesterday I got some achievement for killing all the Oceanid mob types. I'm amazed that I somehow never got that until I had already fought Oceanid like 20+ times, and I'm not sure which mob was the one I needed.

I also got an achievement for dodging all the water explosions, and I have no idea how I managed that.

I believe these were added in 1.1 as part of a new achievement category. Some other bosses similarly have new achievements, like stunning a regisvine by smashing its face crystal.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Dropbear posted:

One more thing; if I plop up Xiangling's fire bear or start her flame nova-thing and switch to Chongyun, do the reactions coming from Xiang's ongoing effects still trigger her instructor even if the active character isn't her? Or should I keep her up until it procs (doesn't look like the buff shows up anywhere)?

She needs to be active at the time of the reaction. If you ever want to check on buffs like this, you can press C and see how your characters' stats change.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Speaking of that domain, is the correct way to deal with the guardians shooting missiles to just get distance on them? If you're close it seems impossible to dodge, but if you're further you can.

Pretty much this or use a burst for the invuln frames. Those things can turn on a dime up close, it's ridiculous.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Learned about a much better site than genshin.gg today: https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/

It even has some better information than the wiki provides, like hero and talent stats per level. There's some datamined stuff about unreleased content though, so minor spoiler warning.

Also: bunch of leaks about the next major update (MAJOR SPOILER WARNING)

God I want that cryo artifact set

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Tsyni posted:

It's missing talent and constellation info, whether that's very useful to see there. Doesn't have any build advice either, but the cost info is useful.

Eh?? Talents/constellations are listed on the character page

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

theblackw0lf posted:

I’m actually finding the web event pretty enjoyable. The rewards aren’t that great, but the dialog is pretty amusing.

I like the cute animations of them doing menial tasks

No Wave posted:

I think it's an incredibly elaborate troll. Those are the same ability names as the cryo amber leak (which couldn't possibly be real). The sword is too good to be true and the hydro 4-piece bonus makes no sense. And the cryo 4 piece bonus is the resonance bonus, there's no way that would be it.

I mean, it might not all be true, but that's an awful lot of art assets to fake.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 14, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

kater posted:

Any recommends for what to focus on to drag this group of shitters through Abyss 10? Don't have any non-generic artifacts so I need to decide what/who to focus on. Floor 10 is heavily Fire resistant and has no bonus to much of anything so Klee being my primary is a bit of a catastrophe. Noelle and Jean are my other built up DPS options, with Jean slightly behind. I can manage the first two rooms but 3 is a complete disaster. Both A and B sides are fierce as gently caress

My thoughts is getting Sucrose to 60 and some of that Anemo set would be the strongest power up.

This dude does F2P guides for high level content, which I find very useful even if I use completely different teams. Until you get to floor 12, it's more about knowing the encounters and what synergies bring than having optimal gear. You can use his videos as guidance and adapt to what characters you prefer and already have built.

Floor 10 is kind of lame, because it's the first one that demands having a certain element on both teams when the game only gives you one free one, in this case water. But luckily you have Xingqiu, so you won't have to worry about that. Him and Barb should take care of the pyro mage, whopperflower, and Fatui shields easily, even without leveling them up past where they're already at. Your level 70+ dudes should be able to handle the DPSing, with Klee only having trouble versus the slimes which only appear in chamber 1, so you can stick in in team 2.

You'll also need is a healer for each team, which should be Jean and Barbara (or Noelle if you're into that).

Finally, the Anemoboxer with the aura in chamber 3 can be pretty scary, so learn to save your bursts to avoid geting 1-shotted.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Tae posted:

She literally has a room full of rex merch

It was collected ironically

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

UltraRed posted:

What are people using to revive fallen characters? The best I've found is Noelle's Pancake specialty. 15% max Hp then + 550. Is there a better option?

Looks like this is the second best option. Sucrose's special dish is 20%+1500, but the recipe (cram, ham, & veggie bake) is locked behind a commission and additional rng (it doesn't always drop). Crabs are annoying to farm though.

Honestly, mass producing the 1* revivals with their special cook is probably the best choice. They heal 10%+150, which is usually better than the flat 1500 from 3* recipes, and are also very cheap on ingredients. Bennett's in particular only uses 1 egg.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Nov 15, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

That being said, I think that Xingqiu's burst might be best to use with a different element person so it triggers reactions constantly. Would Bennett or Chongyun be good for that?

Chongyun is the correct choice because it's the most fun and they're boyfriends.

The other option would be someone who can do large packets of pyro damage on a short cooldown, so probably Diluc or Klee.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

I'm not 100% sure but I'm getting the feeling that when you open a chest it just automatically collects all of the stuff that shoots out for you rather than making you pick them up yourself now.

This happened to me in the first part of the new story quest with the chest on the floating island (thankfully), but I haven't seen it on any other chest I've opened.

Game just needs autoloot period

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Hipster Occultist posted:

So I don't have a leveled cyro dps yet, and I've hit floor 7 in the abyss, which has electro Fauti.

Would it be worth it to level my brand-new Diona to say, lvl 60?

You don't really need a DPS of a particular element to deal with shields; a level 1 Diona will be just fine. That said 60 is always a good point to bring your supports up to to get their last talent.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

You don't really have to level her talents. On floor 10 you want to melody loop on cooldown to remove the debuff. In general melody loop isn't very good healing on a low level Barbara so you'll have to do it manually with her autos when someone is low.

I'm not recommending Barbara second half because of her healing, it's because she has such an easy time taking all the abyss mage shields out which is something Klee can't really do. If you're uncomfortable with Barbara healing you can totally move Noelle or Jean onto the bottom as well if you don't need them top. Either way I wouldn't put any resources into Barbara if I were you, you have two other very high level healers and even Enviosity (a streamer who owns seven characters) hasn't leveled his Barbara past 50.

Hey, he also has a level 1 Bennett that he promises to use when his birthday (2/29) comes up

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Almost AR46 and I just found out you can hold down and jump while climbing to jump away from the wall.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Counter-point - crabs are easy peasy to collect twenty a day in Luhua Pool (there are exactly three pools with 4+3+3 crabs) and Falcon Coast (just run the sandy coast up and down for ~10 more).

Protip: If a crab escapes you, go away some distance (ideally hunting other crabs), then return, it will be in the spot where it buried.

Proprotip: Skills (Diona shield passive T1) and items that increase speed are good culture.

Thanks for the tip! I need about 120 crabs to finish my cooking achievement. Falcon Coast actually has like 20+ crabs on its own. There are 3 spots in particular that have about 6 each. One to the very north near a cryo Whopperflower, one next to the hilichurl camp, and one to the very south near crack in the cliff that was used for a quest.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

I've discovered the secret technique vs Cicin mages everything is to freeze them but it requires some specific characters.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

This guy has spent the last two weeks trying to beat floor 12 (you can see his most recent video for details). People who own Diluc and Klee beat it in a few hours. His youtube videos might make you think characters don't matter, but his stream teaches you the exact opposite.

He should have no problem clearing it at AR50 though, that much is true.

To be fair, he imposes limits on himself well beyond a strict definition of F2P, to the point of not using the 8th character he actually owns to have two full teams. He won't use anything that can only be acquired from gacha so that anyone who follows his guides can theoretically do so with what they have immediate access to. F2Pers who play with what they get will have a leg up over what he's demonstrating in his videos, even if all they pulled was Amber dupes.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Pyro pretty much has everything going for it at the moment, and the one time they added some kind of downside to playing them via stronger burny grass, babies flipped their poo poo. I hope they do a balance pass with the other elemental reactions in the near future, because it's pretty glaring when you compare, say, pyro to electro or anemo to geo. They're adding dendro at some point, so a revamp of the system shouldn't be too out of the question.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Fischl is basically the Genshin universe equivalent of a DeviantArt user

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Corla Plankun posted:

Is there any stat (Maybe DEF or HP?) that will help mitigate my characters being interrupted by crossbow bolts? Those archer bastards are always stopping my chongli spins and wind blades and I'm real mad about it.

No stat to my knowledge, but shields should help, i.e. crystallize, Noelle/Diona's E. Also some non-shield abilities like Xingqiu's can reduce the chance of interruption.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Corla Plankun posted:

Every day I get one step closer to trading out Chongli and bringing in Noelle. It is just so hard to give up that cryo, and my only other cryo character is that dork from the favonius order.

Don't do it, don't do the best popsicle boi like that. Really, the charge attack isn't great, especially when the current best artifacts for most claymore users is one that discourages using it.

Framboise posted:

I'm really not even bothering with artifacts anymore until I get one more AR level to 45. Just ain't worth it when I could be grinding mats and stuff.

Haha, even at AR45, good luck rolling the piece you need with the right stats.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Goddamn, I gotta save up for Bennett (boss fight spoiler)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

King of Bleh posted:

Is the melt boost applying to all three hits here? I've been assuming that melt/vaporize were good for one hit only, does it apply to the entire triggering attack?

I'm still not entirely clear on the exact mechanics, but I do know multiple reactions can occur off the same "seed" element. Something about weak/strong "auras" (i.e. ele status), where the strong type can persist even after a reaction.

Not sure if that's happening here though, because I think even strong auras are only good for two instances, and it definitely applied to all three due to the latter two hits being identical. Maybe the three hits occur so fast that there's a window where it applies to everything? In my experience, I've had Chong's burst apply multiple freezes off of one hydro aura.

Gonna have to send KeqingMains on the case.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

King of Bleh posted:

Is the melt boost applying to all three hits here? I've been assuming that melt/vaporize were good for one hit only, does it apply to the entire triggering attack?

gandlethorpe posted:

I'm still not entirely clear on the exact mechanics, but I do know multiple reactions can occur off the same "seed" element. Something about weak/strong "auras" (i.e. ele status), where the strong type can persist even after a reaction.

Not sure if that's happening here though, because I think even strong auras are only good for two instances, and it definitely applied to all three due to the latter two hits being identical. Maybe the three hits occur so fast that there's a window where it applies to everything? In my experience, I've had Chong's burst apply multiple freezes off of one hydro aura.

Gonna have to send KeqingMains on the case.

Just tested in game and looks like this is the case. Interestingly, melt will always apply to the first two hits, while using a "strong" pyro skill will amplify all three. The chart in the link from reddit shows the duration of status effects from the different skills. Ones with a longer duration (~10) are considered strong. The best ones seems to be Bennet's Q and his level 1 E, Xiangling's first hit from Guoba, and Amber's charged attack (lol).

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Oh right I'm sure I saw this being discussed some days ago but I don't remember the outcome if it was tested.

How does the 2-piece Gambler's set work on Childe? Is the 20% boost to Elemental Skill damage only applied to the explosion that happens when you stance switch or does it actually apply to the melee attacks?

Unless there's anything funky going on, it should only apply to the activation damage and the damage from hitting a riptide-debuffed target with melee. I think the skill description is pretty clear on what is considered what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Probably how Lisa only approaches being somewhat usable when you have appropriate gear, whereas a lot better characters are still fun and effective with suboptimal gear.

That guy's video is funny because he's spending so much effort trying to optimize the clunkiest skill in the game, when it'll always be a 16 second cooldown, easily interrupted mess.

Amber's the butt of a lot of tier list jokes, but honestly Lisa's the real bottom tier hero.