Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Good OP.

Maybe put in a note about how tiers are a suggestion at best and that the game can currently be cleared without even rolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Has anyone else noticed that you get slightly different rewards for using original resin compared to condensed resin?

At least in the weapon materials domain, I didn't get a purple drop both times I used condensed resin, and I'm doing the AR40 domain so it should be guaranteed.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'd say the first thing to knock out, because it's the easiest to know if you're ready or not, is your weapon and character ascension materials. You can see exactly what you need and how much, so just have those loaded and ready to go as soon as you hit the next ascension threshold.

Second is exp books, third is talent books, fourth is mora. The reason why I rank exp books over talent books is because there's a fairly big bump in talent book drops at AR36 (you get a second silver guaranteed, which is equivalent to +3 bronze books per run), so it's honestly just easier to make sure your exp is maxed out and locked down first.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The trick is that there isn't an actual line you're following in the world or anything, so don't waste time trying to figure out where it is.
whenever you press the sight button it's just a line that starts from about where you are and points directly towards the objective

Not that I had trouble finding any of my bounties, but this knowledge will make it a smidge faster in the future

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Condensed resin rules and it makes me happy

I just wish you could stock more than three at a time

Also where do you pick up crystal cores, I have like sixty of them stocked but I can't for my life remember which flying bug drops them

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Am I not the only one who hates that thing? I was having trouble with it right after getting world level 5 and I looked around for advice and I mostly saw people saying that anyone who has issues with any content in the game is a casual noob who needs to "git gud".

Oceanid is my least favorite of the elites, but there's definitely domains I like even less

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
So I'm saving for the Zhongli banner, but I realized that I didn't have enough stardust to buy out all the rainbow fates from the shop. Since I'm only ~40 rolls into my pity timer, I decided to roll just enough times to get that stardust rather than let those two fates slip away.

On my last roll I got Diona (well second to last, since getting a new character doesn't pull you any stardust), and that felt good as hell. I now have another Ice character to pull out when I need to break electro shield.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The $10 battle pass thing immediately took me from broke to having 3 mil in the bank.

It was delightful.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Well, this is gonna suck, huh

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

No Wave posted:

Each shard can be exchanged for one adventurer's experience. I would encourage you to use a map in each area to clean them all out one by one as 13 extra shards in each area amounts to nine purple books in total.

This event started less than two hours ago for me, I can't imagine there's already a map with every single one marked.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Bruceski posted:

How are y'all seeing blue on the big map for meteors? I don't see that.

The actual meteorite locations only show up on the mini-map. If you go to the event page and click on the mini-quests that ask you to get 7 meteorites from each area where they spawn, it'll highlight the big map in a giant area, not that that's terribly helpful.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Is the mining BP daily acting weird for anyone else? Two days in a row, I'm randomly getting it completed, despite very much not popping enough rocks.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Ah, that never occurred to me. That has to be new in 1.1, right?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I can't believe how well Fischl's dialogue nails the "teenager who reads wordy fanfiction" vibe

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Arleneth posted:

The Church of Favonius is a church to the god of freedom, wine, and song. What heathens even exist for that? Does she just go down the street and fistfight the Fatui?

She fistfights Diluc for not liking booze

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
At first I thought the last tier of artifact dungeons were hard, but then I actually read the intro message and realized that doing Hidden Palace of Zhou Formula with Diluc was my problem.

Now I'm farming Midsummer Courtyard and Clear Pool Mountain Cavern instead and boy these are easy as pie

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
What's a good place to collect crabs

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Hyper Inferno posted:

Hidden island in the northeast of the map has a ton.

I'll have to remember to put a teleporter there when I unlock it

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

RareAcumen posted:

I think there's a merchant in Liyue that sells crab too. I'm bad at giving directions, it's a stall in the lower section of town where the reputation board and warehouse is. On the side with the blacksmith and Kathryne.

Well gently caress me running, there is a merchant on the docks that sells fish, crab, and shrimp. Only 5 each, but if stores restock daily, then that's not bad at all

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Here, have a roster that actually looks fairly loving normal. I've even bought two welkin moons and a BP pass:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

If you stand still after the last shot she does a haughty anime laugh because of course. It's great.

That's how you know when to dash cancel

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I have only ever seen meteorites that pulse pyro or electro, and I dunno if I've had some freak RNG or what

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'm art AR46 and I only have one handbook quest left, which is to max out eight 5* artifacts. Since that kind of requires a shitload of money and exp fodder, I'm holding off on it until I get artifacts that I actually want to raise.

The other one that had me stuck, equipping two sets of 5* artifacts, I didn't even clear until a week ago.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I mean, people say to save up your fragile resin, and even if you're not AR45+, this is exactly the kind of situation you're saving your fragile resin for.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I bought the BP pass last cycle and I don't regret it. But now that I've got an incredible surplus of mora and exp books (made even larger by the Fischl event), I'm probably not gonna buy it again.

It was definitely a worthwhile purchase my first time when I was constantly gated by materials, but I think I'm good now.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
So the new meteor event can be done either solo or co-op, but it's much faster in co-op. Doing it by myself, I was taking about nine minutes per run, whereas my co-op runs were under four.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Bland posted:

Just to offer an opposing view here, if you have a strong party with the event damage up characters then you should be able to easily clear it solo in 3-4 minutes. Whereas co-op can be slightly faster, but can also give you a party of monkeys. I ended up finding it easier to go solo but YMMV.

That's fair, the only damage up character I have that's maxed out is Fischl, and I'm too lazy to kit her out for DPS rather than support. With Diluc, it was real slow clearing each loop.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Did anyone else find this in Mondstadt, by the cathedral?

Apparently each little platform has a ring around it, and if you jump from platform to platform in the full semi-circle, you get a luxurious chest at the end.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

moush posted:

Did they change what time dailies reset?

For me it changed from 5 AM to 4 AM, due to daylights saving expiring. Or starting. I have no loving clue how daylights savings actually works. God help you if you live in Indiana.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

dogsicle posted:

anyway Diona did further emphasize to me how much i hate running around as a character that small because it feels slower and like the camera is worse

That's because movement speed is determined by character height. Walk and run speed along with dash distance are all determined by how tall you are.

I get this rude reminder every time I have to switch off of Diluc, and I start getting slapped around because Fischl and MC don't dash as far.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
My only five star weapon is a catalyst, and my only catalyst users are Barbara and Lisa :negative:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I know I'm going to pull a lot on the next banner; the question is when I switch over to the weapon banner.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
So I'm finally in the position to start burning through all my fragile resin, but since I picked up four new characters yesterday, I can't actually decide if I should focus on artifacts or materials to get them up to speed.

My general purpose team is Diluc/XL/Fischl/Barb. I have XQ and MC both on backup when somebody needs to be slotted out for whatever reason. Other than the freebies, my other characters are

C0: Diona, Beidou, Zhongli
C1: Xanyan, Razor
C3: Chongyun

I know that I for sure want to farm up Chongyun so I can blast through the pyro artifact dungeon for Diluc, but I'm a bit split on how to spend my resin otherwise. I do want to use Zhongli, but there's the snag of his best partner being Geo MC, and I've invested entirely in Anemo MC, and then I'd have to go gin up a ton of talent books.

Also as funny as it would be to make an Oops All Claymores team, it seems like that's not feasible right now, especially since I just don't have enough claymores to go around

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

dogsicle posted:

Razor's combo is the only thing slow enough that i've felt i need to cancel regularly to avoid recovery animations. though it seem like every GS that isn't Diluc has that issue somewhere in their combo (Beidou especially).

Diluc has it on the last hit of his combo. If you don't cancel it with a dash or skill, he just sits there for a full second doing nothing.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Do different artifact sets have different drop rates in a domain? I farm the electro domain pretty regularly since it's the easiest one with Diluc, and I swear I get the electro res artifacts far more often than the electro damage artifacts. I haven't done the noblesse oblige/bloodstained domain quite as much, but in my few runs it definitely feels like noblesse is less common.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I decided to switch up my teams when doing weapon domains since they're fairly easy anyway, and god drat Diluc/Chongyun is some good poo poo

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
People who are complaining really loudly about Zhongli just need to watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbhcRKsRwFM

On a more serious note, I've got Chongyun and his sacrificial claymore cranked up to 70, and I'll be pumping up Razor next since I've got pretty much an ideal set of artifacts for him (gladiator set with all atk%). And then finally I'll be able to do the fire artifact dungeon by myself.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
What is this attack that looks like a tiny fire missile low to the ground, tracks you infinitely, and when it catches up to you, it starts pulsing fire damage until you run away again?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Well, turns out I can do the fire artifact dungeon. I just needed to use MC/Chongyun/XQ/Barb.

I'm also realizing that MC just isn't that good as a DPS anymore and I need to retool her artifact set to something better, since Razor is probably going to take her place as my second-string DPS. I'm guessing the anemo damage artifact set is ideal for her as a support?

I also need to find a new user for this R4 Flute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

TheFluff posted:

Geo MC actually does a lot of damage if you build for it (see e.g. that galaxy brain geo-MC video where the boulder crits for like 20k damage every 5 seconds), problem is of course that it's geo and doesn't make a whole lot of sense without a second geo character on the team. Anemo MC with VV is pretty solid though, especially once you get C6, although their burst is rather janky. Their numbers are pretty good so it makes sense to build some pure damage stats on them too.

Yeah, the problem is that I ranked up all the talents for anemo MC rather than geo. I had some spare talent books to crank up the geo talents a bit, but anemo is the one that's maxed out currently. It looks like in the end, anemo is better as a support and geo is better on point. I'll have to see what the anemo domain is like.

Stanko-Prussian posted:

God drat today's gliding challenge is a pain in the rear end.

I got today's in two tries (only the first day's challenge I knocked out in one go). The one from two days ago took me five or six tries, since the pathing is so weird and it really feels like the game expects you to land and re-glide once or twice.