Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i kinda want to use c2 barb with tartaglia for the bonus hydro dmg but using her ult that much is probably overkill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

id rather the elemental sight just be a toggle since it seems like just holding it down won't keep it going currently. turning it on constantly when doing something is just kinda annoying

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

dogsicle posted:

1.2 could be dropping two more archers on us so there's still use for something like that anyway...

someone said the earth guy was a catalyst user but im not sure where that info is from

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

I'm about 1000 exp away from 45 and I've got something like 60 resin items. Probably going to be farming a whole lot of artifacts this weekend!

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

oceanids minions seemingly being immune to venti ult just makes it all the more annoying for me, and i keep forgetting to change my team before doing it. i started bringing barbara with me to do it just to ult once and get the heal if i get the ducks or something.

definitely isn't as bad as the highest level thunder domain, which is the only one i find really awful to run (i dont think i have any characters built up that are really able to purge the electro debuff either so its mostly just a slogfest of punching witches)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

nice, that sword is really good for a supportive jean build too

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

this isn't the first time ive seen those passives/art for the cryo set, they were leaked previously. considering the rest of the assets look pretty professional im leaning towards legit. the hydro set appears to be built for tartaglia if real.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah that was intentional

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

originally i was expecting stringless to work on his melee autos and was pretty disappointed when i tested it, but im glad its still good (though i have way too many characters id like to use my one bow on)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i got a c1 bennett without buying him from the shop actually (the answer as to how is just random dumb luck)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the keqing guy absolutely started playing the game, discovered his waifu later, and then sunk cost prevented him from rerolling. he then thought "surely she'll have a rate-up eventually" and now hes unable to play the game. theres an additional sunk cost of "im gonna wait on that banner" that is preventing him from investing in units that would allow him to level up and earn more currency to roll on that fated rate-up and also to generate more mats so he could max her out instantly by the time it came.

tl;dr human psychology is really cruel

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

boy, dvlain dropped two claws and a spear prototype for me this week. nice dps boost for xiangling

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

this current weapon banner sucks an impossible amount of rear end

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

man getting characters to 90 is going to be pretty brutal

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

this event is pretty fun if you have venti, his burst turns into an impressive clusterfuck with all the things spawning

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

honkai's gacha was exactly the same as genshin's for the first few years. also farming characters was in from the start in honkai, so they're not directly comparable in that regard. i imagine after a few more regions are added they'll start doing some kind of "farm old characters/constellations with resin" type mechanic.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

he doesnt have any passives that improve his attacks and his growth stat is geo dmg, so he would need an abuseable auto attack like xiangling to be a good main dps (which i dont think he has.) the focus up 5 star weapon for him gains attack when he hits an opponent, but i think this is just supposed to work with the pulsing damage on his elemental skill. considering he also needs a second geo construct out to work with, ningguang is likely his best partner (ideally with the skill that resets jade screen when it gets destroyed.)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

No Wave posted:

Idk about in general but Childe has to be the worst 5 star for floor 12 atm. Water does actually nothing to cryo shields and whopperflower shields. Its kind of weird their only endgame content is stuff he's close to unusable against as a carry and that they didnt change this or make any adjustments to it for his banner.

they did the same thing in honkai with abyss. at some point they'll either add more endgame or change it but for now fire being really good in abyss is just to make it easier to build teams for that mode when people are limited by resources.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

No Wave posted:

How long did it take?

Pyro floor has long overstayed its welcome...

The shop closes december 6th but you can't earn event currency after the 30th. Still time either way, just didn't want anyone to put it off for too long.

For honkai as I recall it was the sustain abyss > the aoe abyss > the abyss where SK isn't good anymore and herrscher kiana is > the one where you need different team comps (i think this one is still live, might be forgetting one, but i stopped doing weekly stuff around the third one and dont really play much anymore.) this was about 3 years? after the release in china, but honkai was so harsh on how many characters you could have and even 3 years later it was pretty difficult for anyone that hadn't been playing a while to maintain the same premium gem income they had before.

id guess like mid next year they do an abyss patch, at that point its pretty reasonable for people to have all 6 (7 by that point maybe) elements covered well enough, since this game has way more focus on elemental coverage. if we see it sooner ill be pleasantly surprised, but that probably wouldn't be a big interesting rework and rather just shuffling the bonuses for the last 4 stages every once and a while.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

No Wave posted:

So you're saying we have another year where pyro is the only thing that works on abyss 12?

i dont have much hope considering they didn't just launch with it rotating monthly or biweekly. you never know though!

Mise posted:

Is there any preview of what's coming up hero-wise in the starglitter shop?

I'm on the fence about buying Bennet (don't have him yet) and seeing what the next one will be as I only have the exact 34 glitter.

My team consists of xinqui, beidou, fishl and xianling atm

bennett is a top-3 4 star, can't go wrong with him. if you're building xiangling as a main unit he is also her best partner.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i did some testing with the treasure compass today, and it won't lead you to chests hidden by puzzles (presumably anything that spawns a chest won't be pointed out, the actual chest entity needs to be on the map from what i saw.) presumably those chests weren't part of the 100% total (but still count towards it) which is probably why you can get more than 100% chests in an area.

hopefully they add an upgrade to the compass that lets you find those hidden chests later on.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i got c1 bennett randomly off a free standard pull about a month ago and was expecting it to feel like a huge upgrade but i honestly don't notice it. i did the math once and i think right now i get 400something bonus atk from it, which is pretty alright but primarily using it with xiangling and childe (who do a lot of fast small attacks) makes it hard to actually notice. usually all the bursts just get barfed out together so i haven't really paid much attention to childe ult with and without bennett ult buff either.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

depending on who is doing the math, hunt seems to be either a bit better or a bit worse than rust (at r0)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

huh, i got dailies in both mondstadt and liyue today. first time that ever happened to me.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

re: cryo resonance/reaction chat. they can just design characters accounting for the fact that these are weaker than others to make up for the damage lost. the good/bad elements are really more like, how much work does it take to make this elemental team work? if you look at how many different pyro teams you can make that all have comparable theoretical dps and how much work it is to make a good hydro team, you can kinda see how they probably want this to play out.

this is probably also why abyss is locked to fire on floor 12, its the easiest to build around.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Bloody Emissary posted:

Another in-game survey is out, rewarding 30,000 mora. It includes a write-in suggestion section, so go petition them to add 2FA, or create more chat emojis, or change the borders of the visions shown in the upper-left corner of the character screen to the Liyue one where appropriate, or whatever.

this reminded me of how people on reddit were convinced if they all wrote in to increase resin regen and primogems in the previous surveys their voices would be heard (or else the game would be a massive flop.) after they immediately made all their money back on the game the goalposts shifted to "well it won't last long unless they improve all that stuff!"

dont see that as much now, presumably they all went back to complaining about wow or destiny.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they'll add an event replay mode at some point, its just a bad use of resources so close to launch so usually games don't add them for a while.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

if you're pulling zhongli you're probably playing the extremely long game on building a geo team. just based on his numbers and the lack of -geo res he isn't so strong you're going to be able to brute force abyss 12 faster than anything else in the game. i suspect hes a good pull for the future though, we probably won't see a better geo support for a very long time.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

all three 4 stars and three favonious weapons for 50 pulls is alright, i was really spoiled getting ten 4-stars and childe in the same amount on the last banner though

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

a lot of incredibly bad characters in honkai ended up being really good when they added the boss time attack mode (especially because you had to fight 3 bosses and would thus need 3 teams.) just fighting regular enemies as it currently stands can't be much more than either vortex > aoe or exploit the element / weakness and then do single target damage. the boss time attacks were generally more interesting than abyss was just because a lot of fringe strats could clear bosses really quickly and used characters that were effectively useless in abyss.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

its pretty interesting to watch every little thing cause a meltdown about this game. i remember a period of like 6 months where every character added to honkai was basically awful, even if you whaled for their SSS or whatever they were mediocre at best and the community response was "thank god i get to save my gems."

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

im going to predict now that geo is just a whale element and it'll pretty quickly be incredibly strong once they add more characters and synergies. it currently being the only element with a run of 5 star weapons that only work on geo characters makes me even more certain of this.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

if zhongli is a support character and will support future geo characters well, i dont really see the issue? if they kept releasing 5 stars that were flat out better than other characters and could slot into any team it'd be way more concerning.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i wish the ice spear girl wasn't likely to be on albedo's banner because im pretty close to pity already and i think im gonna pass on him

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

frajaq posted:

Rosaria is coming in this December's banner? thought it was Ganyu time

shes a 4 star, ganyu is a 5 star

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

dogsicle posted:

it's "AOE atk dmg" in the leaks which would point towards a white damage proc like Skyward Spine (or heck, Aminus) yeah. the icicle just gets additional damage vs cryo-afflicted enemies.

ill be really surprised if they give us a free weapon that can proc cryo

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i kinda want to get albedo just to do the 4 geo team (since geo seems to synergize best with itself anyways) but honestly im not too sure about the banner. i dont have sucrose but i have venti so she isn't terribly useful, and i already have c1 bennett. i might roll a bit on it and wait until we see the ganyu banner to decide whether to finish it or not, but he seems way more interesting than ganyu does.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Andrast posted:

Geo doesn't really synergize with itself at all aside from the upcoming -RES from the resonance (and the normal battery effect of having multiples of the same element in a team).

No Wave posted:

It does in the sense everyone's ults go crazy. And it's relevant given that slow ult charge is a fairly consistent geo weakness.

yeah, from what ive seen the "best" ning team is running zhong and geo traveller since the resonance isn't really worth it outside of procing it from the element you're fighting. right now people just put whatever their best non-anemo support is in the 4th slot, but i bet assembling the geo exodia would be way more fun.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

No Wave posted:

Geo doesnt synergize with other elements in a meaningful way. Each new geo you add onto the team will ult on cooldown for free. If you add a non-Geo character they will not ult on cooldown for free. If you have Ning and Zhong on your team is there really a better addition to the team than pressing Q with Albedo every 12 seconds?

The existence of Fatui complicates it but there may be floors where it works. This is why I think Mihoyo's pushing full geo comps is so stupid.

can geo traveler still reset units with the rock or did they fix it? i dont think its intentional but i could imagine even against fatui having so much damage you just burst half the floor and then reset whoever got their shield up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

No Wave posted:

My recollection is that got fixed (based on Enviosity's stream). I know Zhong was made fun of for not making sense in a 1 Geo or even a 2 Geo team. But in a 3 Geo team he's exactly what you want and his energy generation downsides don't matter. Albedo's design may be equally hosed up.

wasnt this what that mihoyo employee said in that one post, like you want to get all of the geo units or something like that? i dont really have any other goals besides collecting sword girls in this game so i kinda want to try it anyways