Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Wait, are people not using elemental sight to look for chests and breakable rockwalls? No wonder people are missing shittons of chests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

With leveling people getting harder as you go up in World levels, I'm starting to have less fun with the game.

Trying to fight that Ruin Hunter robot Bounty with Kaeya, Barbara, Amber and Razor because it's immune to Electro and Geo but Razor's my go to basic attacker- what the hell else am I supposed to do? Aside from Ningguang everyone else I've pulled is Electro- and haha, you've gone to WL3, it's Level 53 now gently caress you

It's such a long slog to level people up now that I've been playing it for about a month and burned away most of my purple exp books along the way and I have no way of dealing with enemies that aren't weak to electro. It's why I still haven't unlocked Xianling, since Razor's my heavy hitter and the third floor starts you out with a bunch of giant electro slimes and my only Pyro Character is still Amber. At least Barbara's a caster and doesn't have to charge an attack to use an element, and Kaeya's recharges pretty quickly.

While Razor is technically electro, his real element is big sword. When you're going up against electro slimes, you can just hit them with Cryo and they'll take about 30% more damage from Razor. You don't need to use pyro to clear the 3rd floor at all.

The bounties are designed to be difficult though, having immunities and tricks to dealing with them. The 5* ones particuarly, because they're always ruin guards or ruin hunters, which take 50-70% less physical damage. Which is reduced to 10-30% with superconductor.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Xaerael posted:

IKR? Kiddo is shy.

I need to make the hard choice now whether to keep on building Mona, or switch her as my Hydro for Tartie. Main issue I have is I don't really have a decent bow for him, and I'm loathed to pull more this month because my iTunes credit is almost dry now.

Did you pull a rust at all? Because that is straight up the best weapon for him outside of the Skyward Harp.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Aiming for rust isn't necessarily a good idea. You could hit the skyward harp before hitting rust (which is his BIS bow) or never hit it at all on like 160 roll on the banner. You'll probably pull it eventually over time, but spend the money where you want to spend the money.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Grats on his BIS bow.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Elemental reaction damage (that isn't Vaporize or Melt) only care about 2 things, the level of the triggering character and their Elemental Mastery. So if your Lisa is a low level, she won't deal that much damage with overload. To get a general ideal of damage at given levels, Overload's base damage is 375 at level 40. With ~400 Elemental Mastery (+150% damage) you're looking at about 937.5 damage on the target.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

My Lisa is max level for my AR alongside my Xiangling (both 60). I've also got her talents maxed. I feel like long-term we're going to figure out that elemental mastery is a noob trap and reactions are mostly about setting up CC for your physical carries

On the contrary, levels have an effect on damage dealt by attacks, and when you're going up against level 90-100 enemies, being able to do 8k damage for free by dropping Gyouba or Oz while going back to attack with a Keqing/Diluc/Bennet/Klee is massive. With your specific comp, Overload isn't very valuable, but you need superconduct in order to make Xiangling competitive at all. Your issue is that Lisa is just not a very good character, especially for reaction support.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 13, 2020

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Basically, yes. The only artifact domains really worth running pre-45 are the ones where the setpieces are worth more than the stats on the gear. Those are Viridescent Venerer and Archaic Petra. The rest you just don't really bother with, slapdash the best statted gear for the character and call it a day.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

You get more blue books instead of green books. If you're looking to go from Talent 2 to Talent 6, you want to do the level 3 domains. You get effectively 2.6 blue books per level 3 domain, you get 1.6-2 books per level 2 domain. Talents 7 through 12 ideally want the AR45 ones.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

For leveling up weapons is there a reason I shouldn’t use up all my excess low star weapons before using the ore? For artifacts is there an equivalent to weapon ore?

1 and 2 star weapons are fine to chew up, but there's quite a few 3* weapons that are better than 4* weapons for certain roles. Off the top of my head Thrilling Tales, Debate Club, Fillet blade, and skyrider sword will outscale a lot of 4* weapons until AR35 when the base stats of the weapons make enough of a difference to outperform the passives of those weapons.

Tsyni posted:

Has anyone put any hard thoughts into full instructor vs full viridescent venerer for Sucrose? Right now I am on a full VV set purely to lower fire resistance for Klee, but Sucrose's talents are geared towards EM so wondering about going all-in on it. I haven't crunched numbers yet so just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation.

Venerer will provide a pretty significant damage boost with 20%-40% RES down, moreso than EM will provide on anything but your reaction support. Additionally EM has pretty significant diminishing returns, so going all in on EM is a mistake. Venerer will provide a larger damage increase unless you're running Freeze/Shatter (Shatter does physical damage) or Superconductor. Additionally instructor only goes up to 4*, while Venerer goes up to 5*, so you will just get straight up more stats on a venerer set than instructor. Maxed 5* artifacts will provide 144 more EM than maxed 4* artifacts, invalidating the 2pc effect by 64 EM, and the 40% RES down will provide a larger damage bonus than the 4pc instructor set will.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 13, 2020

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Here's my hot take: Barbara is the worst unit for healing in the game, and has exactly 1 spot where's she somewhat beneficial in the end game in abyss 10. Every other healing unit brings more damage, more utility, and/or both to the table at not much of a cost wrt total healing, especially as they get better built. Barbara literally only brings healing, and if you have Jean/Bennett/Qiqi/Diona/Noelle, focus on levelling them up over barb.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Vargs posted:

Barbara gives you an aura that constantly applies wet to everything next to you that is active most of the time. That's pretty great imo. Really like it as Keqing for the nonstop electro-charge procs, especially since Bennett's stationary damage bonus doesn't really jive with her mobility and the cryo healers' reaction doesn't play well with an elemental damage character. She absolutely annihilates pyro mages and I like that she can top people off outside of combat unlike other healers that rely on their burst or hitting enemies.

Xingqiu also does this while not costing you damage, letting you run literally any other healer that can add additional utility. XQ also provides damage reduction and prevents interrupts in addition to having an incredible amount of damage on his burst.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Nov 15, 2020

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

It depends on the comp and whether you have c2 XQ. C2 XQ makes him basically a must have for childe because of the 15% RES down, particularly in an electroshock comp with fischl, and then you bring in a bennett for healing/more damage.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

Where do people find the resin to do stuff like weekly bosses? I'm at AR36 now and I'm spending literally all of my daily resin farming weapon mats and talent books for my main team, just barely keeping up with the pace of levelling on two main dps and funneling any excess into my healer and support. If I have any resin left over on a given day, I usually spend it trying to hit the 20 ley-line weekly BP requirement and make some mora at the same time.

Actually the resin requirements are beginning to aggravate me in general. The BP's got "Spend 1200 resin" as a weekly requirement and that is particularly frustrating- you can only generate 1260 resin across a whole week, max, if you are regenerating new resin every minute of every day. I log in every evening and spend 160 every day which hasn't even brought me close- if I wanted to hit that number I'd need to log in twice a day to make sure I never hit the cap. As it is I'll need to burn 6 or 7 fragile resin to make up the difference. It just feels punishing.

Sundays in general are pretty poor for farming mats, and there will probably be a day that you don't need to farm mats because none of your characters have things that they need from that day. Sunday is also usually the best time to do bosses anyways, because you want to make sure that you're not going to go up a WL and end up getting lesser rewards.

Additionally, even if you get the spend 1200 resin in a week on all 6 weeks, there will be enough BP experience to get to level 50 with room to spare by the end, assuming you complete the basic 4 BP tasks every day.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I have a C4 bennett from just sheet dumb luck. I want 1 more so I can have a T11 ult.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

A lot of people didn't have him, he doesn't come online really well until AR35 when he gets his A4 for energy generation and most people were running overload comps where his attack boost didn't matter, and people slept on energy recharge as a stat which he really wants to make him good.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Mailer posted:

It's just so weird. Like, I get Xingqui, and I get the rationale that Vaporize doesn't toss enemies like Overload does... but is a +50% Vaporize just shredding in a way Overload doesn't? There's a large fixation on Water/Fire at the top and I feel like I'm not getting some endgame hot tips here.

Vaporize and Melt scale way harder with crit/crit damage because of the fact that they're multiplier reactions, and crit/crit damage is basically how you build for the endgame. Xingqiu's burst attacks faster than Klee and Diluc' attacks do, so it's makes their damage do multiplicative damage. If there was a Xingqiu-style ult but was cryo instead of hydro, it would supplant Xingqiu in the tierlist because the multiplier suddenly becomes 2x instead of 1.5x. Electro doesn't have any multiplicative reactions, so overload and electrocharge fall off a little bit. XQ's ult also just does a shitload of damage by itself as well.

As a general idea, at level 90 with 1000 EM and a reaction set (thundering fury/crimson witch/etc) is going to do deal ~8k damage before pyro res RES is accounted for. At the same level with a well built Klee or Diluc, you can do significantly more than that with 1.5x vaporizes. Additionally Klee and Diluc have pretty fast reaction cooldowns on their abilities (Diluc gets 3 free vaporizes because each of his E uses count as seperate abilities) than the current best electro support (fischl). And that's currently, as we get towards higher and higher levels of talent levels and abilities, vaporize and melt will just end up scaling a lot better.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

If your klee/diluc is hitting second then it's your klee/diluc's EM that gets counted for the vaporize/overload damage, not the support's. Instructor set's +120 for the whole team still works though.
Also Fischl can definitely output electro fast enough to keep up with Diluc's 3 E charges, especially with the level 60 passive that gives her ANOTHER free electro hit every time you proc an electro-related reaction. Though I always do E->normal attack->E->attack->E->attack, so if you just mash out EEE maybe the timing is different.

(That only-one-character's-stats-matter-for-reaction-damage thing is one of the things I hope they'll patch some day... I wish it took into account both characters' levels/stats when you create a reaction and not just the triggering character.)

Oz only procs reactions about once every few seconds, while Diluc's abilities and Klee's charged attacks seem to be able to proc it on every hit.

You also should be going E-E-E on Diluc unless you have C6 Diluc, it ends up being more damage overall.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Oz isn't the one proccing the reactions though. Oz just has to apply electro and then Diluc procs the reaction. I definitely get overload numbers popping out for every E press so I dunno what to tell you.
Each time you hit you get the overload explosion and then Fischl's level 60 passive hits it for another chunk of electro damage.

If Diluc is proccing the elemental reaction for overload, then Vaporize is going to be better, because then you don't need to stack EM except as a substat on Diluc to get good damage on your reactions. Instead you can go pyro damage/Crit(Or Crit damage) and attack and get better damage. Without stacking EM, you're maybe getting 4k damage on an overload with Crimson witch and some EM substats, but you only need to be doing ~7k damage on a triggering attack to outperform that with similar sets, which is not that hard once you have high enough stats and talents.

Once we get a good cryo support on the level of Xingqiu, the value of overload drops even further because suddenly you only need to be doing 4k or less a hit to start outperforming overload.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Much appreciated, I could always use advice on how to play the game better.

So, I've got a Prototype Animus and two Rainslashers that I haven't leveled up at all. Should I move to one of those or stick with my lvl60 Debate Club still?

R1 Prototype animus matches the debate club at level 60, and outscales wholly it at level 70. You should be investing into it. Rainslasher currently doesn't have any use except on a support Beidou, but whenever we get a hydro claymore character it will likely see play on them (assuming that they can maintain decent hydro uptime).

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

The fact that she trivializes 1 piece of content doesn't change the fact that she takes a lot more resources and effort to make her effective in other pieces of content like abyss and abyssal domains compared to Xiangling or Fischl.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

All resin expenditure gives ARXP. The quests did not.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Bland posted:

You don't run Xiangling with that setup for overload procs, you run her because her abilities do ridiculous amounts of damage without her even needing to even be on the field. Plus having Pyro resonance is fantastic with Bennett because it means his burst has near constant uptime. The only thing Kaeya is useful for is breaking Electro Fatui shields, which does not earn him a spot in a team in my eyes. Sure he can apply superconduct but frankly I'd argue he's not even particularly great at that.

Kaeya is the best cryo applicator atm. It's not saying much because there's no real good cryo application characters, but he's going to be better than Diona. Chongyun is also terrible with Razor because he converts all your damage to cryo, making Razor's ascension stat (phys Dam%) useless. If you have a Qiqi, she's better than Kaeya from sheer utility, but that's relevant on pulling a non-banner 5* unit. The only way the Diona is able to maintain 100% uptime of superconduct is having a sacrifical bow that procs on every hit. And if you're running razor carry, you need superconduct, because it's such a huge damage boost. If you 100% want to keep Xiangling on your team, then you'll need to swap out XQ for Kaeya.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Nov 19, 2020

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Sepah posted:

Is this true about Diona? I thought Superconduct's debuff lasts 8 seconds, and Diona's non-hold skill CD is only 6 seconds.

You're correct, but then you lose the value that diona brings to the team in the form of the shield, also Diona can't apply aoe cryo (outside of her ult), while Kaeya can.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Razor basically needs to have 100% uptime on superconduct for his damage to keep up with other endgame carries. If you're not willing to try to keep 100% uptime on superconduct, then you're better off trying to build a different carry unit. If you want to maintain a shield on him with Diona, then you need to run another cryo character to apply cryo during the 7ish seconds that her skill is not available.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 20, 2020

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

vandiar posted:

You're not going to have 100% uptime on DPS in the current endgame (Abyss 12) with Razor unless you're a gaming god I suppose, which Diona is way better than Kaeya in. Properly built Diona will also have a good uptime on her burst which will give you all the superconduct you need, plus heal you so you can stay in and DPS longer.

Abyss 12 is it's own dumb thing, because Diona's shield scales super hard in there, and the vast majority of enemies are, and you just run him in side 2 because huge amounts of the enemies there natively have cryo (aside from room 3 which is just fatui, who have -10% physical res to begin with) so you get superconduct without needing kaeya, anyway. Trying to revolve literally everything around abyss 12 is really loving dumb, because the abyss fucks with and forces certain team comps anyway. Trying to build your team as if every encounter that you have is going to be abyss 12 is really dumb, when the abyss fundamentally forces you to alter your teams builds that would work better when roaming around in the overworld.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Also they're probably using 5* artifact sets that are going to put in a lot of performance as well.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I have no idea how to tell what constellation people are just from looking. People were talking about how great Fishcl can be when you build her right be but I've only got her on C2 and I looked at the excel sheet on her and I have basically gently caress all to give her. No good bows, nothing.

The XQ is C1+ because there are 4 rain swords instead of 3. The Sucrose is C1+ because there are multiple uses of her skill. The Chong is C0 because the end of the combo doesn't launch a series of ice blades in a line to do a bunch of cryo damage. It's hard to determine the constellation of the diona because there's isn't a visual giveaway like the others.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

He really wants the ability reuse to give him additional regen, and he needs a ton of elemental recharge. The CD is 21s and the rainswords technically will last 15s, but you're most likely going to get get hit 3-4 times within 15s. The sac sword basically gives the attack 100% uptime, and provides much faster usage of his ult, which is one of the best scaling 4* ults in the game.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Osmosisch posted:

What did surprise me is that apparently thundersoother is better for Keqing than thundering fury.

Keqing doesn't trigger electric reactions often because she applies the element so fast, so she doesn't get benefit from the thundering fury 4pc. The thundering fury 4pc instead is basically a 35% damage boost to all of your damage. That will probably provide a bigger damage boost than 2pc TF and 2pc gladiator unless you have absurdly low amounts of atk% damage boosts and incredibly high amounts of damage% boosts.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Nov 23, 2020

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Sirbloody posted:

(Shame I just have the Amos bow for him but better than nothing)

The Amos bow is only beat by an R5 rust(by like 2%) and the skyward harp. It's a really loving good bow for Childe.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Because I'd rather spend some time getting good artifacts before I make my world level harder.

Good luck, you can spend literally thousands of Resin trying to get good artifacts and fail. If you can clear WL5 stuff fairly comfortably, then you can clear WL6 overworld pretty easily. There's not a huge difficulty spike between the 2 world levels. Things just take a little bit longer to die is all.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

This is why I was asking if AR 45 unlocks the guaranteed 5* or if I need to up the world level.

You don't need to up the world level to access domains, but you will need to do so to beat wolf and access to better chances at 5* gladiator gear from world bosses. All I'm saying is that WL6 is not that big a difficulty spike, if you can clear the dungeon to raise the WL, you can clear everything in WL6.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Got Bennett to talent level 8 ult today, and I still have enough plumes to take him to 10, because Dvalin has done nothing but drop plumes for me.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Is Berserker 2 piece better for Childe than Gladiator, since his Ascension 4 talent scales off his crit rate?

While you still are working with 4* artifacts, yes. But the 5* scaling is going to outperform in the long run.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Current math has Childe's best weapons as Skyward Harp>R5 Rust>Amos>Viridescent=Rust. If you don't have a rust, then get the BP bow. The grouping is also really convenient for him because all of his value comes from the stupid amount of AoE he gets to do, which is made easier with the Hunt's passive.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

If Ayaka ends up being sword element, she could be good if very comp specific. Otherwise she'll need to have some way to interact with frozen either with her skill or her ascension passives in order to be an effective unit.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

nessin posted:

Frozen is fine so long as your DPS unit is a claymore user, which is why Chongyun and XQ are a crazy good combo. Nothing awkward about it.

Ayaka is supposed to be a sword user though, which makes her awkward with frozen

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Run XQ and Jean and suddenly you have 2 good units rather than clogging up your team with a bad unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

If I had to take a guess, I would guess that Ningguang was probably a 5* unit at some point in development but got downshifted to 4* specifically because there wouldn't be another geo unit other than the traveller that could cause the crystallize reaction on a semi-regular basis. If the game released with nothing but GeoMC and Noelle at 4* and Ning at 5*, the crystallize reaction would have barely existed as a consideration for the vast majority of players.