Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

YoshiOfYellow posted:

2) Childe/Xiangling/Bennett/Venti - Basically a focus on Vaporize instead of Electrocharged. Double Pyro resonance for some added ATK. Bennett works well as a healer and for buffing up Childe with some extra oomph. Venti still doing Venti poo poo.

This is my main team and it's hilarious how quickly everything dies. I feel like nothing lasts long enough (at WL6) for Childe's melee cooldown to ever be an issue. As long as I do the right set up (Bennett burst, Xiangling burst, Venti procs water RES down, go to town with Childe) I've found I can one cycle most bosses in the game.

Bland fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Nov 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if you just run a second carry then Childe/Beidou works perfectly well, and in the long term it's a fun enough team that you'll likely feel rewarded for that investment. uptime is going to be the main thing you have to play around with Childe regardless of teammates

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I started on a new playthrough last week and was hoping for Beidou, as she's my favorite character so far and I love how she feels to play. So far, four Ningguang and one small catgirl, and I'm running out of easy primogen dumps at my current level and the banner's ending in a week.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Hazdoc posted:

you can get them all down to like 1 hp, then kill them all at once. The timer doesn't check until you've destroyed the first target.

My favorite thing about that quest is that when you complete it, Ellin is like "ah of course, thanks, I see how to do it now."

Okay well, good luck with that.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
On the 5-star chat, while I've amassed a good collection through dolphining, I'm almost always Jean in co-op. Qiqi might be the only other healer I would consider taking into co-op generally and if I had the choice, but I haven't read enough to say. Diona and Bennett both rely on people staying in one place and Barbara's DPS is worse than Jean's. Jean can at least make a dent and if I can isolate some small enemies to toss w/o interfering with the main DPSes, can do some real damage.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

YoshiOfYellow posted:

2) Childe/Xiangling/Bennett/Venti - Basically a focus on Vaporize instead of Electrocharged. Double Pyro resonance for some added ATK. Bennett works well as a healer and for buffing up Childe with some extra oomph. Venti still doing Venti poo poo.

I usually do this in open world or swap Xiang for C6 Ning for her sick bursts and charges. Childe's Skyward bow autos on marked targets and ranged ult are both hilarious with Venti, and setting up 50-70k vapes with melee deletes most things at WL6. Soloing the new event stage has been a breeze with these dudes. I think getting Bennet some dece artifacts is gonna be next on my farm list.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
My bennett's artifacts are level 4-12 exile stuff (my other units have level 16s). And he's still my best character.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Mona the worst five star? Haw-haw.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
she's the best at astrology :unsmith:

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

kater posted:

Mona the worst five star? Haw-haw.

Please don't laugh at Mona, she's trying her best.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mona's a good support unit but any gap between her and 4*s is small. The gap between Diluc/Klee/Venti and the next best units you'd run to replace them is enormous.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

YES bread posted:

I usually do this in open world or swap Xiang for C6 Ning for her sick bursts and charges. Childe's Skyward bow autos on marked targets and ranged ult are both hilarious with Venti, and setting up 50-70k vapes with melee deletes most things at WL6. Soloing the new event stage has been a breeze with these dudes. I think getting Bennet some dece artifacts is gonna be next on my farm list.

Do you fight the same monsters solo as co-op? Dark Omen starts you off with three charging mitachurls and all that?

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.
Just did a co-op meteor with double Diluc, Klee and Keqing. That was the fastest clear I've seen :stare:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Just did a co-op meteor with double Diluc, Klee and Keqing. That was the fastest clear I've seen :stare:

Save the co-ops for when I get time to play <:mad:>

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Glazius posted:

Do you fight the same monsters solo as co-op? Dark Omen starts you off with three charging mitachurls and all that?

solo still puts you in co-op mode so I assume it's all the same

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is it possible to clear out the second shop without spending fragile resin? What if we're just starting today :ohdear:

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

UltraRed posted:

Is it possible to clear out the second shop without spending fragile resin? What if we're just starting today :ohdear:

To buy out the shop you need to run 16 full completions of the co-op event. You generate 180 resin every day total, which is 4.5 completions. That's essentially 4 days worth (3.55, but w/e), and the event runs for, I believe, another 6 days.

So, still plenty of time. If you want to be safe though start today!

E: I changed all the math because apparently I'm really bad at basic division.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

UltraRed posted:

Event goes til December 6 , you can do 4.5 clears per day which is like 200 space rocks. It's 110 for the crown + 384 for literally every book, I think. You have absolutely more than enough time, even with 180 resin for the weekly bosses.

Don't forget that battle pass completion doesn't require you to get the rewards! Pop leylines and kill flowers every day and just walk away from the lootblossom.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh. I just realized why water doesn't work on the electro hypostasis cores. If it did, you could just get an easy clear when it was raining.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

UltraRed posted:

I ran it 7? 8? times yesterday (used some resin) and was able to get the crown and almost all of the Mondstadt talent books with what I got from those Meteor runs and the 3 quests. You should be able to easily clear out the shop tbh

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

nightwisher posted:

Childe is nice with Beidou's ult, but that's not worth running them both in a party since she's not a main dps. My best success with him so far has been XQ/Klee/Xianling, running him with skyward harp and focusing crit. Gets some absolutely ridiculous area damage.

Yes she is, what? You can main her just fine. And mine is at c4. Childe/beidou/Bennet, I've only got the BP bow for him but it still does a lot of work. Groups of mobs vanish in like 2 seconds flat once he starts up, and on CD she can go ape too. That's the whole point.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 24, 2020

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

No Wave posted:

Idk about in general but Childe has to be the worst 5 star for floor 12 atm. Water does actually nothing to cryo shields and whopperflower shields. Its kind of weird their only endgame content is stuff he's close to unusable against as a carry and that they didnt change this or make any adjustments to it for his banner.

they did the same thing in honkai with abyss. at some point they'll either add more endgame or change it but for now fire being really good in abyss is just to make it easier to build teams for that mode when people are limited by resources.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

There's something very weird about how the game calculates map completion%. I was at 98% in Qiongji Estuary, found 3 chests there which took me to 100%, then found another 6 chests there shortly after. :confused:

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Bland posted:

There's something very weird about how the game calculates map completion%. I was at 98% in Qiongji Estuary, found 3 chests there which took me to 100%, then found another 6 chests there shortly after. :confused:

I wonder if the game (mercifully) counts a certain % as complete that is less than 100. If there's 120 chests, maybe they count 110 as complete or something so the players aren't tearing their hair out trying to find a chest that turns out to be "blow leaf pile in the grass away with anemo" or something.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It'd make sense, since they do that with the Oculuses

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

Saxophone posted:

"blow leaf pile in the grass away with anemo"

oh my god, thank you.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Radical posted:

they did the same thing in honkai with abyss. at some point they'll either add more endgame or change it but for now fire being really good in abyss is just to make it easier to build teams for that mode when people are limited by resources.
How long did it take?

Pyro floor has long overstayed its welcome...

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Event goes til December 6 , you can do 4.5 clears per day which is like 200 space rocks. It's 110 for the crown + 384 for literally every book, I think. You have absolutely more than enough time, even with 180 resin for the weekly bosses.

Don't forget that battle pass completion doesn't require you to get the rewards! Pop leylines and kill flowers every day and just walk away from the lootblossom.
The shop closes december 6th but you can't earn event currency after the 30th. Still time either way, just didn't want anyone to put it off for too long.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

No Wave posted:

Idk about in general but Childe has to be the worst 5 star for floor 12 atm. Water does actually nothing to cryo shields and whopperflower shields.

But if you're a whale, you can build a Childe team to delete 12-3 in 14 seconds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0HhEnx6KTU

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

UltraRed posted:

Honestly don't stress over a full clear, just focus on the crown and gold books. If you still have spare resin then the silver books.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Silver books are actually better value than gold if you have Xingqiu. If you don't have them then they're equal in value (ignoring the pittance of mora to upconvert them).

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Drakes posted:

Honestly don't stress over a full clear, just focus on the crown and gold books. If you still have spare resin then the silver books.

Just the crown really. Gold/silver books are the same, and silver actually is better if you have whoever the book talent crafting character is.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You should absolutely full clear this shop (minus the ore). Its an enormous value.

I'm probably going to buy 50 ore for 40 resin as well but that wont be correct for some people. I'm going to need two thousand ore in a month and I'm not going to make it so will take some help.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 24, 2020

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
I have been kicked from falling star twice immediately after finishing before I can loot. Is this just something that happens or am I so bad that people are actually upset with me? If it's the latter, what should I be bringing?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Either bring something to kill stuff or a decent support. Also make sure you're properly turning in the stuff. I got kicked once cause my game glitched and I couldn't turn in properly. The only other time I got kicked was I didn't have enough big dick DPS and they were a VERY big dick DPS group but they waited for me to loot at least.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Each event clear lets you buy all books of a certain type, with 2 extra currency in change. So that's 12 clears to buy all the books and 2 more for the crown. You get 60 currency from the quests, so you only need 13 clears to buy everything that matters. Ore is whatever.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Corla Plankun posted:

I have been kicked from falling star twice immediately after finishing before I can loot. Is this just something that happens or am I so bad that people are actually upset with me? If it's the latter, what should I be bringing?

It's just people being stupid and ejecting too fast. To be fair, the last event didn't care as you could still claim rewards afterwards.

notmetalenough
Feb 26, 2010
Is there an audit trail on primogems? I swear that if I turn off my PS4 with my character logged in, when I play the next day I don't get my daily 90 primos from the store thing. It thinks it already gave it to me and no amount of logging out/logging back in will convince it otherwise.

Anyone else had this happen?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Is Berserker 2 piece better for Childe than Gladiator, since his Ascension 4 talent scales off his crit rate?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Is Berserker 2 piece better for Childe than Gladiator, since his Ascension 4 talent scales off his crit rate?

While you still are working with 4* artifacts, yes. But the 5* scaling is going to outperform in the long run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MarquiseMindfang posted:

What are you supposed to do, find your favourite remote spot and plunk it down next to your porta-waypoint?

You're supposed to put a stove on the very top of that tiny floating island.

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Same, I want that sweet, sweet geo glider, then comes Mondstadt.

I'm aiming for both of the "treasure chest detector" items before finishing either reputation grind.