Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I posted this in the last thread, but there is a data gathering discord where people are collecting information on runs so that they can narrow down the probabilities to get ascension mats and artifacts etc. Some domain levels don't have a big sample size yet, but you can draw some conclusions. Here is the google doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ogaEsOEzGdnh-EccL6Y5FSOcEGKFdTFpEW9w5Vo-HCY/edit#gid=538920321

And here is their discord if you want to submit info from a run:

https://discord.com/invite/ydwdYmr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Why do I still need to switch to controller every time, and why can't I use my mouse and controller? Also, artifact sorting view isn't saved. It's annoying.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

The White Dragon posted:

when programming inputs, allowing players to double up on input methods can lead to extremely horrible gamebreaking problems the likes of which nothing else in the world can create

Ok, but what about just in menus? Lots of games seem to be able to switch when you hit a key of the other input twice

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Someone mentioned Jean and Barbara are sisters, and I noticed afterwards they have the same eyes. Nice touch.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Xaerael posted:

Current box!

Five level 80s :|

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

My fun bounty story is a ruin hunter with "increased ruthlessness" or something (which I guess means a damage bonus), which oneshot my 8k hp Fishl twice in a row while it was flying up in the air. Then with Fischl dead I couldn't shoot its weakpoint to bring it down into melee range so I was screwed. Had to die and come back to reset the fight.

Edit: just realized you said ruin Hunter haha :/

If you have someone that does elemental damage like Klee or a DPS magic user you can just go all out without hitting the weak point. They are only strong against physical.

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 13, 2020

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Framboise posted:

So.... it ain't worth grinding for Noblesse artifacts until I hit AR45, is it. 5 runs and only one Noblesse piece.

At AR45 it's 100% for a 5* artifact. At AR40-44 it's somewhere around1/3.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Can't wait to hit AR45 and unleash my 40+ fragile resin :|

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone put any hard thoughts into full instructor vs full viridescent venerer for Sucrose? Right now I am on a full VV set purely to lower fire resistance for Klee, but Sucrose's talents are geared towards EM so wondering about going all-in on it. I haven't crunched numbers yet so just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

gandlethorpe posted:

Why not get the best of both worlds and run instructor on someone else? Right now I run VV on Sucrose and instructor on Xingqiu. If I ever get Diona, I'll probably have her with instructor and Xing with Noblesse. The cool thing is that Sucrose's talent works with a previously proc'd instructor bonus for an additional 24 EM.

Yeah, that's a good idea. I was actually just mulling that over because I noticed my Fischl, who I haven't used much lately, has full instructor.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

gandlethorpe posted:

Learned about a much better site than genshin.gg today: https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/

It even has some better information than the wiki provides, like hero and talent stats per level. There's some datamined stuff about unreleased content though, so minor spoiler warning.

Also: bunch of leaks about the next major update (MAJOR SPOILER WARNING)

God I want that cryo artifact set

edit: nm

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 14, 2020

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

nightwisher posted:

This just happened

You're a bad person.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

gandlethorpe posted:

Eh?? Talents/constellations are listed on the character page

I dunno what the heck, I looked at multiple pages and it wasn't loading. It's there now though.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
So I got lucky on a fate that I got from leveling up my AR and pulled Mona off the standard banner, 75 before pity. I am not exactly sure what to do with her though.

For illustration purposes, here is my standard Abyss setup:

The top team is my main "exploration" team that I do things in the overworld. This breakdown of two teams actually stays pretty intact so far in Abyss as well, with a substitution once in a while. Any advice? Xingqiu seems pretty beastly, but he'd obviously work good with Chongyun as well. I am assuming I just want to max out Mona's burst and go from there?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, I'm at AR 31 now and I burned a lot of my money away upgrading people's talents. I think I'm gonna have to spend the rest of the month doing leylines for Mora and upgrade materials, because this is the first time I've dropped under 100,000 Mora since I've gotten Liyue unlocked.

So this is what I've got so far. I'm asuuming that I should focus on Razor and Xianling as my DPS characters and let everyone else just kinda chill out where they are now?

On PS4 and then all of a sudden I remembered the share function so I took a screenshot.

I would pick one or the other at first. As you max them then move on to the other one. Those are the two standard picks from that lineup, but Ningguang can be a decent DPS, especially C1. I'm at AR44 and kind of wish I had someone geo leveled for the shields.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

frajaq posted:

so this weekly BP quest I can just farm out in some low level Domain right

I think Abyss floors count too.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I have Jean and Barbara and ever since I learned how strong Xing barbara has never been in my A team. Jean barely ever leaves my party, because I've grown used to having a tanky character soak up damage and heal the party when poo poo hits the fan.

Yeah, Jean is beefy and a nice option to switch to after my Klee gets squished. Her E is actually very useful as well for some light crowd control and for launching Cicin Mages and the assassin, specifically.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Flavahbeast posted:

unless you reroll repeatedly until you get her, pulling even a c0 Keqing costs an average of $1856.25. Also, rolling is actually more expensive in a lot of lower income countries

long story short, you'll want to set aside about 3 months salary if you earn an average wage in Brazil or Russia and you want to whale for a C0 Keqing

Even in Canada we get screwed a bit on the exchange. Biggest pack is 139.99 and CAD to USD is ~0.76.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Flair posted:

Tier list is mostly useful so as long as you are mindful of what they mean. It's like how Super Smash Melee has a tier list, but if you don't know why Fox is good, you picking Fox does not make you win tournaments. For instance, Klee is rated highly, but if you don't actually use her animation cancels, she is subpar. Nevertheless, you can beat the game with whatever. People have used Amber to clear floor 12 of abyss. Even though this game is resource constraint so investment choices are important, you also cannot choose your characters freely. And choosing to save your resources for a future pull that may not happen is going to be tough on you to keep progressing in the game. Nonetheless, the choice is yours.

I think this is a really good point, but I just want to say that Klee could be the best DPS in game of you are a master of frame cancelling, but if you're not then she's still just behind Diluc a bit, and still pretty much a fire demon of death.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Mailer posted:

It's just so weird. Like, I get Xingqui, and I get the rationale that Vaporize doesn't toss enemies like Overload does... but is a +50% Vaporize just shredding in a way Overload doesn't? There's a large fixation on Water/Fire at the top and I feel like I'm not getting some endgame hot tips here.

I think it's just because you can multiply things pretty high. My Klee does 5000 charged attacks, make it a crit and it's 10,000, make it a vapo crit and it's at least 15,000

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Even if her theoretical dps is ahead of Diluc she has the big problem of doing 100% fire damage which means she's worthless against pyro slimes and just tickles whopperflowers. Diluc can always just normal attack to do decent physical damage against fire-immune stuff.

Even worse she's short and slow and squishy compared to big daddy Diluc. I'd pay some amount of money for tall Klee

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

kater posted:

i have no idea why i fight anything i have 875 slime condensate.

I keep telling myself maybe we'll get a 5:1 turn in one day or something and it might be useful. More berries? Yes, thank you.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I missed the discussion of the magic crystals you can get. Do all they spawn everyday, and the blacksmith just points you at a certain amount of them or how does it work exactly? Haven't been farming them enough to figure it out.

Framboise posted:

I'm petty and totally doing full liyue reputation first because I want the treasure guide, namecard, and wings.

Yeah the wings are a good match for Klee/Diluc. Watch me glide so beautifully.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
The worst is anemo hillichurl shamans or whatever the gently caress. First time I tried one there were too on either side outside of the circle, and inside the circle was a nonstop tornado while the big guys spun around in a death spiral. Targeting the shamans as soon as they spawn is the best move there.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Purely for overworld I think two anemo, with a tall char, is the best option. I have had to switch up my party a bit for this event and it feels like I am moving in slow-mo.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i spent 100 rolls on the klee banner and got 0 noelles. this is lucksack salt mining. mods???

I got a full constellation for my level 3 Noelle. The gacha Gods work in mysterious ways.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
The meteorite difficulty is definitely based on region. The ones in Monstadt are very easy, and the ones near the starting position are laughable. I had one with two fire assassins. One after the other, that was it. I got to AR45 just now and the Monstadt ones still seem very easy.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Ashenai posted:

I don't think that's correct, the meteors are showing up near the rear end end of Liyue for me now, and they seem to be exactly the same. I definitely got two assassin meteorites there are well.

Must be confirmation bias for me then. My first ones were all in Liyue and were an actual challenge. Guess I am lucking out on the newest batch.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Ashenai posted:

Difficulty depends on teamcomp too, for me the hardest one is probably the one with the Fatui lightning hammerbro and fat water gunner. Although I can't imagine the single assassin one being hard for anyone.

Yeah, I haven't even got that combo yet after having done enough to get all the exp and most of the money in the shop.

edit: I've done 25

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Corla Plankun posted:

lmao I have been holding on to all my iron ore because "This iron chunk can be turned into a multitude of handy items in the hands of a skilled craftsman." and I didn't want to waste in on weapon xp if it is good for other stuff. I just checked the wiki, and it is ONLY used for weapon xp.

Apparently all of this stuff the blacksmith can use is literally only used at the blacksmith and not for anything else. I feel like such an idiot for lugging it around all this time.

I think you need it for some quests too, maybe? I still grab it if it's right there because...who knows, maybe one day.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

kater posted:

I rushed through the log thinking that there were more chapters and thus more AXP but there aren't there's just 9. Its poop. I think I was around A42 when I finished it. This is a terrible plan btw my artifacts are pretty dang bad. Like I don't think I leveled anything unusable but I am so sick of Gladiators.

Also I convinced myself I wanted Diona and decided to throw 20 wishes at it despite being around 60 into the pity.

No Diona :L

BUT turns out Diluc dies in one hit to level 60 hilichurls so that's neat.

How do you like using Noelle? How many const do you have? I am constantly tempted by her and her shield.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Glazius posted:

So when I was chasing down meteors I came across what I thought were odd pink lizards, and when I ran directly at them pressing X in the tradition of my people, I instead found they were dropping... loach pearls? I hope those aren't an ascension material, because those things seem hard to come across.

They just got added in 1.1(i think). No use yet I don't think?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I keep doing the exact wrong thing and pumping resources into too many characters. Trying to get Ningguang up to speed since this banner has gotten her to C2 so far but it's becoming a bitch. It doesn't help that she wants fatui emblems. I don't even need more carries why do I care why am I like this.

:shepface:

Yeah I've been agonizing all day and then I settled on continuing with Klee. I really want to level Ning up. I almost wish I needed three teams for Abyss so I could justify it, lol.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Some Numbers posted:

This is why I was asking if AR 45 unlocks the guaranteed 5* or if I need to up the world level.

I didn't notice a big difference. Klee feels a bit squishier, but I still roast the Oceanid, Anemo Cube, etc. Only thing I really had to do was be on point with my dashing and heals. The island in the stone forest with 4-5 ruin guards is a fucker though.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

dogsicle posted:

lances are bad and suck

you won't be saying that when big dong-daddy Zhong comes along. though, maybe about that particular lance

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

shimmy shimmy posted:

Trying to figure out how to set up my second Abyss team. I figure it won't happen until after the event runs out and I feel comfortable spending time farming stuff other than event materials, so I have a bit of time, but wanted to get some thoughts.

My main team right now is C0 Razor, C2 Xingqiu, C0 Qiqi and C1 (soon to be C2) Fishl.

My backup characters are: C1 Xiangling, C5 Beidou (!!!), C1 Barbara, Ninguang, Chongyun, Lisa, Kaeya, Amber, Sucrose and Noelle all at C0. I'm trying to figure out how to set up my backup team. I just got enough of the materials to purchase Bennet as well, so he's an option for support.

My thinking right now is Chongyun as the main DPS, Bennet? or Barbara as the healer, Ningguang as the support for the Petra set since Chong does all elemental damage anyway and I'm not sure who fits for the last spot. Putting Xingqiu on the Chongyun team would be neat, but then I'm not sure who I put on Team 1 to replace the little book nerd. I'd also like to actually use my Beidou considering the wishes apparently want me to have a lot of her but she's got some antisynergy with Razor's ult not wanting to be switched off of and I'm not sure how well she works in the Abyss.

Chongy, Ningguang, or Xiangling would all be ok second main DPS. If I was picking I'd probably choose between Chong and Ningguang, hedging towards Ning if you can get C1. Xiangling can be a decent support as well as DPS so... Pick your poison. You really only need to level up the second DPS first fully, so you don't spread yourself thin. You could always put Chong and Xing together, then put Xiang with Razor, but that's situational with what you need.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

I'm increasingly convinced the favonious weapons are all insane. I'm tempted to just level a second favonious warbow so Venti and Diona can both use it (alternative is a sac bow). Xiangling already has a favonious lance, I'd just need a favonious sword for Bennett.

Yeah, in retrospect I kind of wish I pulled on the earlier weapon banners. Sacrificial weapons are also pretty decent.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Random tip from Jinx stream: use Beidou counter plus a fire char to set grass on fire to mine very quickly. Makes it almost painless to quickly mine.

berenzen posted:

Run XQ and Jean and suddenly you have 2 good units rather than clogging up your team with a bad unit.

Yeah, was going to post this. XQ and Chong are very nice. Jean is decent because she's pretty tanky. Her throw can situationally be great. I used Barbara from when I got her to like AR40. The biggest thing I miss is her C6, which is a giant convenience if you accidentally get squished.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
This is why I have Jean with Klee, because she's pretty tall and Klee is so drat slow. It's also 10% of the reason I am using Jean instead of Bennett.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I kinda blew my chances at Zhongli by pulling Childe which is unfortunate because I have a Skyward Spine just sitting in my inventory taunting me.

It's doing the same thing to me. I want more Ning constellations, but I have three from this banner and I'm at like 66 pulls towards pity. Just need to hold tight for BD* Zhong.

*big dong