Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I just want the bounties to stop being immune to pyro damage so I can use my kitted out Klee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Dear Genshin please stop giving me VV goblets with pyro damage thanks.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I’ve spent a ton of fragile resin because I’m impatient but I have a few kicking around still. Going to definitely burn some.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, I'm sorry, I have a bad habit of leaving out the important part of my posts all the time. I meant to ask about a tier lists for units so I'd know what I should be giving people or not, I didn't mean just in a vacuum in general.

Also I've managed to play like crazy and grind my way up to 4000 Primogems. Should I start rolling on this character banner or save them for next time? I really just want more coverage for elements I have little options for, like another Cyro character besides Kaeya and getting Sucrose or Klee so getting those frost/flame flowers and dandelion seeds could be faster.

Klee unfortunately isn’t available again until her next banner/she gets added to the regular pool. I never played Honkai so I can’t speak to how often that happened in their previous games.

If your stable is low I would pull personally. There’s some good/fun characters on this banner, including Diona who seems like a solid cryo unit. Tier lists in Genshin are very subjective since most characters have their strengths and there’s really no content that demanding aside from high Abyss floors.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tsyni posted:

The worst is anemo hillichurl shamans or whatever the gently caress. First time I tried one there were too on either side outside of the circle, and inside the circle was a nonstop tornado while the big guys spun around in a death spiral. Targeting the shamans as soon as they spawn is the best move there.

Taking out samachurls first is always the good move. They'll either throw whirlwinds at you and suck you into an inconvenient spot, throw spike walls in your way as you dash, or make those stupid geo pillars to make your life harder.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Klee+Sucrose continues to trivialize most things and I couldn’t be happier.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

AweStriker posted:

Yeah, Traveler doesn’t get that glow same as Venti.

Klee, Fischl, and Diona also have good Vision positioning. Lisa’s is bad (it’s on her chest), and a lot of people like Barbara and Xiangling wear theirs on one side.

I’ve found Noelle the best for watching the glow because it’s centered in a big bow that’s a contrasting color to the glow.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

zgrowler2 posted:

Speaking as someone with a Lv1 Sucrose and a Lv70 Klee and a rapidly expanding mass of purple books, what's the tech for this firestorm? I really, really, really want to make Anemo work with all these mines and don't have Jean and Venti and haven't used my Sucrose for more than exploration / quick dandelion seeds and crafting thus far

The first big thing is that both of Sucroses abilities pull Klee’s mines towards the center of them, so instead of some being wasted they’ll typically be pulled into a mob and explode. Her Q especially pulls things in for a long time, pulses a few times for good swirl damage, and absorbs element so it will start dealing pyro damage after the first pulse. Beyond that her A4 talent to buff others with a % of her Elemental Mastery when she uses skill/burst means bigger reactions, which Klee loves.

Add the Viridescent Venerer set on top, which lowers enemies resistance to the element they get swirled with, and everything is ash while Klee laughs.

Do not sleep on Sucrose.

E: She also makes excellent use of Sacrificial Fragments, for additional swirls. Stack that on too of the second charge her skill gets at C1 and its even better.

Bussamove fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Nov 19, 2020

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Squiddycat posted:

I've already got all the exp books

I think I like this game too much

Hell, same.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

moush posted:

Don't forget to do the quests hidden in the event menu.

The UI for the event is such a goddamn mess.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Whoreson Welles posted:

What the gently caress is with everyone’s roster? Is my luck that poo poo?

I’m there with you. I spent about the same as you and have Klee+Childe for 5* characters. I’ve been very pleased with Klee but I would really like Qiqi to go with her for melts (and make Liyue specialties easier to find).

Granted, my Klee is C1.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ashenai posted:

As long as we're optimizing: it takes 1966 Fading Star's Might to buy out the first store. I don't think anyone is quite there yet, but some people should be getting there tomorrow if they're high enough AR and they've been grinding meteors with all of their resin.

Once you're done, stop doing meteors, because once the 1 FSM for 500 Mora is the only deal left, it's both more effort and less reward than just doing Mora leylines.

For this same reason, don't spend Fragile Resin on meteors. There's plenty of time to get 1966 FSM, and it's not worth doing them after that.

Yeah, I stopped spending fragile on meteors after a couple because they give so much I'll have the shop cleared out soon anyway.

I have 3 million mora right now this is ridiculous and it will be gone in an instant.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Level what you want, all you’re out in the end is time in a game with no real endgame to speak of.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Man Paimon just lays on the stank during Childe’s story quest huh.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mailer posted:

A poem about my evening:

Would you like single player or co-op?
You have selected single player, therefore we have put you in co-op.
You cannot start this quest while in co-op.

Looks like it's five days to buy out the shop at AR35 level, so yay for being able to farm again just as I hit 40 and the pyrovine goes up a dozen levels. :shepface:

Bring Barbara in, Pyrovine’s the biggest joke in the room among the world bosses.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Edging towards 80 pulls with no Diona and I really don’t want the pity counter to roll on this banner. Just give me the surly cat bartender already.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

Keqing?

I asked them to put Keqing on a rate up banner.

Keqing’s are just weird hair dealies, she’s got human ears.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/6998

Looks like there won't be a gap between banners too! I'll be ready with my primo at my special wishing spot (hopefully) at reset.

Yesss, I can finally get some constellations for Razor maybe.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Speaking of Geo stuff, I recently got Nigguang up to 80 with the intent to use her as a carry because why the hell not, what artifact sets are considered best for that? I got a boss Geo damage Noblesse goblet so I've currently got her with 2p Noblesse and 2p Petra, but would something like 4p Bolide and people to react off of to drop crystals/Noelle for her shield be better in the long run?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

Uh, excuse me?

My life is a lie.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I am paralyzed with indecision about whether to keep pulling to try and get Diona or to save my primos to try and get Razor constellations/Zhongli to pair with Ningguang and it is killing me inside. On the one hand completion, on the other it's yet another bow user that wants Rust (I think?) and I only have the one.

Re: The Sacrificial Greatsword someone mentioned upthread, it might be okay for Beidou and lots of counters? But that's a lot of either missing atk or EM depending on whether you're using her for support or as a carry from other potential claymores.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ashenai posted:

I don't think "completion" is a wise or reasonable goal to go after right now. If you think long-term, that means you'll feel obliged to pull on every single banner, often much more than you'd like (since it seems that every banner will have a unique 4* and two other rate-up 4*s, which means it'll take an AVERAGE of 6 four-star pulls to get the single 4* you want.)

So, do you want to do like 60 pulls per banner, sometimes more if you're unlucky? Because that's not remotely happening unless you whale quite a bit. It's not doable with just BP and Welkin and events (if the ones we've gotten are any indication).

If you're not willing to do 60+ pulls every banner, then give up your dreams of completion now and forget about Diana (unless you actually wanna use her, of course). You'll be forced to give up in a couple more banners anyway, and better to do it on your own terms instead of by running completely dry on primos.

Yeah, ultimately she doesn’t have a place on my teams except possibly as a healer for a 2 electro/2 cryo Razor team or something so I’ll probably just hoard them for people I’ll actually use.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

No Wave posted:

Razor's a good character with very meaningful constellations. If he's one of your mains absolutely pull for them.

Yeah, even though he’s C0 Razor has done a ton of work as a second Abyss carry/in situations where using Klee is detrimental like domains that punish pyro reactions. Getting at the very least his C1 would be huge.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Well despite all this talk I’m terrible with gacha currency, I noticed I was only a couple pulls away from a sure 4* and decided might as well see what I get before saving the rest... Lion’s Roar. :negative:

This banner is dead to me.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

S.J. posted:

Yeah, level XQ and have him pop his super before you go in. poo poo's bananas. Extra damage, damage resistance, interrupt resistance, wet effect, a little healing.

Yeah, the answer to a lot of stuff is “level XQ he’s so god drat good”.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

C1 Xinyan, who from the test run seems real fun to play at least. Really wish her shield didn't rely on number of targets hit to pulse pyro though.

It's not the Razor I was hoping for but that's the gacha life, baby.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Xalidur posted:

Clicked into 5* pity as soon as the Zhongli banner launched.

My only 5s are Mona and Klee so just about anything would have been a good addition to my roster.

It was Mona C1.

So now I've been playing since like five days after launch and still only have two 5s.

I feel hated.

This is me, I have Tartaglia and Klee, though my Klee is C1 and my main carry so that was real good at least.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Vargs posted:

Hydro + Cryo = Frozen, which can be shattered for extra damage by Geo. Could try doing something based around that.

I've had decent luck running Kaeya and XQ with Ningguang for shatters in the Pyro artifact dungeon. I imagine Mona could do something similar with a cryo to freeze stuff so Zhong can shatter it.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Hey, charged attacks are great!

On Klee.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Osmosisch posted:

The level 90 noblesse domain is loving me up. It's frankly embarrassing how bad I apparently am at fighting these abyss mages once they come with extra effects. I've tried a bunch of teams and prioritising different mages, but I always end up getting careless once a shield is down and getting 100-0d.

At least there's some challenge, but it sucks having to res/heal the team up after every failure.

Eventually Diluc or Keqing will carry me through this, but until then I'm just going to complain a bit.

Focus on getting both shields down first if you can, then go to town on one for a bit. It's way easier when one of them isn't still horking their bullshit ice clouds at you.

Also consider a geo unit for shields to trivialize those ice clouds.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ever since getting Ning online some of these domains are so much easier. I can actually reliably farm for Witch/Lavawalker stuff now since I don’t have only a pyro and electro (well, kinda, it’s Razor so technically physical) carry! :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Post your Ning's stats, I have her and I've been kinda underwhelmed. I need to do a new artifact run for her now but oof, that lvl 80 enemy battle

She's still not at the best numbers because I'm working on leveling her artifacts/farming for a crit rate petra head, but:

13,112 HP
1,473 Attack
26.5% Crit Rate (again, fishing for that crit head)
57% Crit Damage

2p Noblesse, 2p Petra, Eye of Perception because Klee has my Solar Pearl, next BP I might get a second one for her because I have a good Crit Damage Petra head sitting here. If I can get a Geo Damage Gladiator Cup or good Glad timepiece I can swap to 2p Petra/2p Glad instead and see how that thrills me but those huge bursts of hers are nice. She's also C2, which is so nice for constant jade screens to generate energy/block poo poo.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tae posted:

Ning's DPS goes up by a lot when you learn to speed up her attacks. Hold a direction while attack, the gap between attacks don't exist, including the charge attack.

Yeah, this was also a big help. Luckily I have lots of practice holding W with attacking thanks to Klee.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Ah, I have maybe half that much attack so that explains a lot.

Are you treating her like a complete full on DPS character and maximg her out on levels too or is she just at 60?

Yep, she’s one if my carries so she gets the full leveling/weapon treatment, so both are at level 80.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

awesmoe posted:

buff diluc but make him use qiqi's model

Now you’re just describing Klee!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

awesmoe posted:

well maybe if the game would give me either of them I'd be in a position to know that!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you considered a tenth Noelle instead?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Bloody Emissary posted:

I would have guessed Albedo first, honestly, since the Dragonspine event sword purportedly gives him a special bonus and I expect January's big event to be Dragonspine.

Maybe he'll be obtainable through the event while Ganyu will be on the limited banner? Getting a free 5*, even a Geo one, would certainly make the playerbase hopeful after the mixed reception Zhongli's had.

The playerbase is already fast becoming impossible to please so even a free 5* would get screamed about because it has the audacity to be Geo instead of Diluc 2: Dilucer.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Pull related, has it been confirmed/denied if Diona got added to the regular pool? I'd like to know if the 4* at least are going to be available once the banners cycle, I know the 5* are currently not.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Every video that isn't about Chongyun being the best character in the game is clickbait.

Yes I'm 500% on board the popsicle train now I'm sorry.

Chong seemed super fun in his test run but the gacha gods seem to have cursed me with never pulling a cryo character so alas I will forever be popsicle-less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Geo is the best because Ningguang is super fun to play and her character design rocks. :colbert: