Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Got an X-Pro 2 and I'm really struggling with the rangefinder. It's so different than regular manual focusing and it's always hard to know what you're going to get which can make things both frustrating and fun.

Currently rocking one lens: a 23mm (35mm equivalent) Fujinon. It's a nice all rounder. When I get the money I'll have to invest in a good zoom lens for the situations that call for it. A two lens set up can go a long way here I feel.

Despite getting used to the Range finder and focusing with it, I'm still having a bit of fun.

Some recent pics:

trash

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

This is one of my favorites of this batch. I think you've gotten some good feedback from the other thread - just keep shooting and working on it.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
deleted

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 28, 2021

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

These are really sweet JJ, first and third especially.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Yep, good stuff.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Got to document local mosque do their weekly charity work with their permission last weekend.

deleted

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 27, 2021

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Excellent lecture on Documentary Photography

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4skcx9fGODQ

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 19, 2021

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Jupiter Jazz posted:

Excellent lecture on Documentary Photography

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4skcx9fGODQ

I didn't like this video, or the photographs she showed. Wide open lenses losing detail; uncomplicated scenes lacking context. So many are trivial portraits. It's not good photography or good engagement with people.

Compare with this - a punch to the gut, even before reading the caption:

Chris Killip: Simon being taken out to sea for the first time since his father drowned, Skinningrove

Try this lecture, presenting an involving, cohesive set of photographs made in a single place.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Ric posted:

I didn't like this video, or the photographs she showed. Wide open lenses losing detail; uncomplicated scenes lacking context. So many are trivial portraits. It's not good photography or good engagement with people.

Compare with this - a punch to the gut, even before reading the caption:

Chris Killip: Simon being taken out to sea for the first time since his father drowned, Skinningrove

Try this lecture, presenting an involving, cohesive set of photographs made in a single place.

Yeah I thought the photos could be better but I still found it informative in other areas. Watching this video you linked now.

I thought it was quite good. I love how he gets closer the longer he's exposed to the location. The people have started to trust him.

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Feb 20, 2021

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nT5lM-jL0I

Another lecture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
deleted