Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I see people on social media freaking out about it but to me it just sounds like business as usual. Like where we were heading before covid, just the people in charge are trying to make make themselves seem important by framing it as some great change lol. Is this right or is there actually more to it?

anyway thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I dunno but with all the "hot air" coming from politicians lately I sure which some had a "mute" button :dadjoke:

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i dont know op

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
the twitter hashtag leads to a lot of antisemetic conspiracy theories, op. why do you follow people who share antisemetic conspiracy theories

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

who the gently caress knows, op

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

the twitter hashtag leads to a lot of antisemetic conspiracy theories, op. why do you follow people who share antisemetic conspiracy theories

I do not follow the people

BeefThief posted:

who the gently caress knows, op

gently caress...

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

giant meteor

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

blatman posted:

giant meteor

Inshallah

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

it's when you "reset" the nintendo and go mow the lawn

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

ok i googled it and its just some very boring davos/world economic forum poo poo but because its got a vaguely ominous sounding name its been picked up by NWO conspiracy theorists. i hope this thread can now be at peace

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

get this a helmet...made of jade

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL
The great reset is when you go to turn off your computer and see that there's Windows Updates waiting to be installed.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rAiTDQ-NVY

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
so there's this thing called the world economic forum. i don't know much about it... seems like a ted talk thing for "think tank" types to travel to switzerland to give speeches to each other once a year to justify their inflated salaries. anyways, they have this thing called the great reset, which is like a "theme" for those talks, and then you go to their website and read articles from various economists talking about how to deal with the challenges of tomorrow today

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i think though... they are probably going to rewire the world economy this decade in a big "regime" restructuring like what happened in the 1980s after the previous "regime" ripped itself apart which resulted in various monstrous things happening like jimmy carter getting elected in 1976

it was cool for them give it the deus ex / illuminati vibe to hand the right-wing conspiracy theories another agenda 21

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

so there's this thing called the world economic forum. i don't know much about it... seems like a ted talk thing for "think tank" types to travel to switzerland to give speeches to each other once a year to justify their inflated salaries. anyways, they have this thing called the great reset, which is like a "theme" for those talks, and then you go to their website and read articles from various economists talking about how to deal with the challenges of tomorrow today

the davos conference is always hilarious. it's basically ted talks for the political, cultural, and economic 'progressive' neoliberal elites. think, like, some silicon valley venture capitalist who is really into rainbow capitalism and woke financial imperialism ("micro-financed girl boss entrepreneurs will fix uneven development" type poo poo), plus like steven pinker and malcolm gladwell lol

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
imo these people are powerful, but also idiots who huff their own farts, so i'd be wary of anything they want to do. so, imo, that video is fairly ominous. at least if it's in any way indicative of how (a faction of) the ruling class sees the world and its place in it

Finicums Wake has issued a correction as of 08:32 on Nov 19, 2020

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
I think that's the thing one of the bad guys tries to do in JoJo Part 6.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

It's when you activate the Halo rings. That's what the Davos is hoping to do, and I for one can't wait.

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

tbh these people sound like they need another big black bloc

wto conference style

edit: but if rightoids go after em tbh haha like "oh noooo I hope they don't kill each other " haha

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
I watched this. https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/11/the-great-reset-building-future-resilience-to-global-risks/
Skipped to 44 minutes in.

Looks like a bunch of mother fuckers saying happy buzzwords to avoid paying out UBI.
"Stimulus particularity for small business."

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 09:34 on Nov 19, 2020

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I see people on social media freaking out about it but to me it just sounds like business as usual. Like where we were heading before covid, just the people in charge are trying to make make themselves seem important by framing it as some great change lol. Is this right or is there actually more to it?

anyway thanks

It's like the great replacement but obfuscated by another layer.

The right wing are like beasts, they have an instinctual understanding of things. They know that dealing with big problems like climate change and covid require the upturning of social hierarchies, which they fundamentally disapprove of. They're afraid that sub-humans will be on equal footing with them, thus "resetting" society.

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

miniscule12 posted:

It's like the great replacement but obfuscated by another layer.

The right wing are like beasts, they have an instinctual understanding of things. They know that dealing with big problems like climate change and covid require the upturning of social hierarchies, which they fundamentally disapprove of. They're afraid that sub-humans will be on equal footing with them, thus "resetting" society.

the world economic forum is literally the social hierarchy par excellence and the rural right-wingers correctly instinctively perceive that these bourgeois see them as sub-humans.

why interrupt them when they are two or three steps from rediscovering the immortal science of marxism?

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

They'll come to the wrong conclusions without class consciousness.

Op you need to tell you chud friends about how economists want to keep them poor.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

OP, capitalism is facing multiple crises of its own making none of which it is equipped to address and some of which constitute existential threats to humanity itself

a bunch of big brains got together in switzerland and, in between orgies, hammered out a plan to address this. and that plan is as audacious as it is brilliant: give all your possessions to the capitalist class, sign over your firstborn son into indentured servitude, and give your boss prima nocta access to gently caress your wife on your wedding night. god bless

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

give your boss prima nocta access to gently caress your wife on your wedding night

the cuckoldry angle might sell well with op's chud friends

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Finicums Wake posted:

the davos conference is always hilarious. it's basically ted talks for the political, cultural, and economic 'progressive' neoliberal elites. think, like, some silicon valley venture capitalist who is really into rainbow capitalism and woke financial imperialism ("micro-financed girl boss entrepreneurs will fix uneven development" type poo poo), plus like steven pinker and malcolm gladwell lol
yep. sometimes you get a big guest star though, like trent reznor at the grammys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys6skqxQKMk

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
The conspiracy nut from my class says the UN is ready to force us all to wear masks and, uh, be controlled. He learned this from watching artifact riddled youtube videos of schizophrenic dudes, so you know we're onto something good here.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
sorry. I’m rolling out a new patch for existence and unfortunately old saves aren’t gonna be compatible so I’m gonna have to do a great reset and start a new game after we wrap 2020 up.

Two of the big changes in the new iteration is that when America is founded it already has universal healthcare unlocked (bit of a cheat but otherwise it never unlocks on its own so this is a necessary workaround) and also penises can talk.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

christmas boots posted:

sorry. I’m rolling out a new patch for existence and unfortunately old saves aren’t gonna be compatible so I’m gonna have to do a great reset and start a new game after we wrap 2020 up.

Just to clear something up, if I kill myself do I get to pick an earlier save?

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

christmas boots posted:

Two of the big changes in the new iteration is that when America is founded it already has universal healthcare unlocked (bit of a cheat but otherwise it never unlocks on its own so this is a necessary workaround) and also penises can talk.

do it u coward

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:thunk:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

so is it just a rebrand of Late Capitalism. Are we gonna call it Later Capitalism now?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
its when my dinars become worth what they are supposed to be

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
god hits the reset button accidentally when plugging in his controller and you say "god drat it" and he says "sorry" and you have to go all the way through those 3 levels of nightmare called Batman NES

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

just a bunch of ghouls trying to stave off their guillotining until their spawn are ready to inherit

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y959WClQGU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

so is it just a rebrand of Late Capitalism. Are we gonna call it Later Capitalism now?

It sounds like it's What The Rich Call Late Capitalism, When Describing It As A Good Thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breadnsucc
Jun 1, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Farm Frenzy posted:

ok i googled it and its just some very boring davos/world economic forum poo poo but because its got a vaguely ominous sounding name its been picked up by NWO conspiracy theorists. i hope this thread can now be at peace

if i remember right, bannon was really into it and a lot of people still think that a lot of influence on trump or trump himself are into the whole "great reset" at which point the plan was(is?) to reset as some kind of aryan whites only paradise. its the whole reason for the apocalypse cult in the whitehouse stuff and its no surprise to me that Trump and/or his administration is working towards triggering a "great reset"

its akin to the idea that revolutions are going to happen no matter what and all that governments can do is stave them off up until the point at which they do, the whole basis of major voting cycles is to provide the illusion of change or revolution and give people an outlet for the revolutionary urge. I suspect that people who believe this think that the election especially will not release a great deal of revolutionary build-up and we are coming up on another cycle of revolutions and potentially world wars.