Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I'm finishing up the Kingdom Hearts 3 DLC and I'm stuck on Limitcut Episode so I was wondering if any other Imps have completed it on Critical Mode. I've cleared one of the 13 data fights and the second one I attempted seems way harder and out of control.

I was going to post about it in the Final Fantasy thread but I think the series warrants its own thread, to discuss Xehanort in all of his forms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_6mpKet-KI

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Well I'm giving up on the DLC for a while anyway. Data Riku has defeated me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

Well I'm giving up on the DLC for a while anyway. Data Riku has defeated me.

RIP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i stalled out in my marathon play on Re:Coded but i will return one day. KH2 is loving awesome and I cant wait to see what 3 + all those spinoffs has in store

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Kingdom Farts.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

mycophobia posted:

Kingdom Farts.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

mycophobia posted:

Kingdom Farts.

This smells like a good spot to find some ingredients

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i bought the whole series (except 3 i think?) on sale earlier this year but i still havent played it

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Well, I started playing again and have "solved" the data Riku fight, it's just a matter of execution now. Cooler heads prevail.

mycophobia posted:

i bought the whole series (except 3 i think?) on sale earlier this year but i still havent played it

If you bought that mega collection on PS4 then it includes 3 as well, but not the Re:Mind DLC. That's what I bought that year when it was 90% off or something on PSN.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

this bundle is what got me into KH too. as a heads up it's missing a handful of games, they're presented as if it's a full game but then it just plays a video. Kinda lame but I'm just gonna emulate them

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Where's the one with the dark evil guy jumping around like Tigger.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Wormskull posted:

Where's the one with the dark evil guy jumping around like Tigger.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

this bundle is what got me into KH too. as a heads up it's missing a handful of games, they're presented as if it's a full game but then it just plays a video. Kinda lame but I'm just gonna emulate them

The games they're bundling did this rather than the bunbdle itself if you get me. Anyways a video of 358/2 days is infiteitely better than playing 358/2 days

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lfmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/EpicGames/status/1359941547345739777

Thank you Epic

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

wtf awesome

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i love kingdom hearts, 2fm is one of my favourite games ever(crit lingering will :cabot:) and remind is gold too. not as interested in epic game store pc but if it helps gamers get into kingdom hearts i am all for it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

pog boyfriend posted:

i love kingdom hearts, 2fm is one of my favourite games ever(crit lingering will :cabot:) and remind is gold too. not as interested in epic game store pc but if it helps gamers get into kingdom hearts i am all for it

This. Kingdom Hearts ftw

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The secret boss in KH3 Re:Mind is my favorite boss in the series. Feels real good once you solve the fight and kick his rear end.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I still haven't played Re Mind but it looks like it's on sale on PSN...

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Doing Limitcut Episode on Critical mode made me feel like a goddamn idiot at times, some of the bosses are really hard and it took me forever to clear some of them.

Sai'x took several hours of attempts before I cleared him, there are lots of videos of people clowning on the Org fights but I'm not good enough to do stuff like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ULrR4eOJ2g

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
The only KH game I ever played start to finish was Chain of Memories which was fairly deece but mostly I remember it for being the precursor to TWEWY

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

AverySpecialfriend posted:

The only KH game I ever played start to finish was Chain of Memories

:dafuq:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i played 1 and liked it, then i played kh2 final mix so much I burned out on the entire concept of kingdom hearts

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I already told this story but I got through 1, then I was really into the weird Roxas part of 2, so when they tucked that away I lost interest and quit.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AverySpecialfriend posted:

The only KH game I ever played start to finish was Chain of Memories which was fairly deece but mostly I remember it for being the precursor to TWEWY

What the gently caress.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ooooo SUPER pumped for FF7 Remake Part II. Haven't played a single FF except Dirge of Cerberus so I can't wait to try more :)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Ooooo SUPER pumped for FF7 Remake Part II. Haven't played a single FF except Dirge of Cerberus so I can't wait to try more :)

Lmao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i tried to play 1 but really hated the combat. that's my story

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

In Training posted:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

mycophobia posted:

1 has the worst combat op. and loving the water level pisses me off

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mycophobia posted:

1's combat is terrible and never gets better. doing that 1-2-3 combo on a 14 lifebar sephiroth for an hour lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i think KH's combat is fine for like a PS2 era game that was experimenting with genre-blending. it definitely improves in KH2 from what little i played beyond the roxas part. the platforming is clumsy, though. jumping feels really bad in the first one. it reminds me sort of mega man legends with more JRPG baked in.

it definitely paved the way for FF15 and FF7 Remake either way so kingdom hearts ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

1's combat is terrible and never gets better. doing that 1-2-3 combo on a 14 lifebar sephiroth for an hour lol

That fight does not take an hour . At that point you can use the 7times dash attack for Massive Damage.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

II instantly feels way better than 1 though and gets cooler through the whole game. The bonus bosses are real fun encounters to learn

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I should get back to playing Re:Coded...

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

KH1 is the only kingdom hearts I can think of that has a lot of obnoxious platforming segments and they really suck. The underwater stuff blows as well, unfortunately they brought that back in 3 in the Pirates world. I think KH2FM is the best one overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The Pirates of the Caribbean world in 3 was also based on the extended lore of the Pirates universe and since I only saw the original movie it was full of insane poo poo like someone saying "But Jack Sparrow is one of the 9 Pirate Lords!" Then I found out that they made like 7 of these drat movies.