Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I like how in 1 the levels are big and meant to be explored unlike 2 mostly being a bunch of big rooms. That being said the platforming in 1 sucks rear end, 3 kind of took the bigger level design from 1 but has kickass movement options which makes the environments a lot more fun to explore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kongming posted:

The Pirates of the Caribbean world in 3 was also based on the extended lore of the Pirates universe and since I only saw the original movie it was full of insane poo poo like someone saying "But Jack Sparrow is one of the 9 Pirate Lords!" Then I found out that they made like 7 of these drat movies.

lmao.

i saw the first one and then i think... the fifth one maybe? with a group of friends who did a bar crawl beforehand and i had no clue what was happening. sort of fits with the kingdom hearts series, though

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sir Paul McCartney revealing that captain jack sparrow........ is a member of organization XIII!!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I like how the pirates section in 3 is basically assassins creed black flag + Disney + epic kingdom hearts heroes!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I saw the 4th pirates of the carribean in theatres and it was the one and only time I've seen an audience give a movie a standing ovation and I thought I was losing my loving mind.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

I saw the 4th pirates of the carribean in theatres and it was the one and only time I've seen an audience give a movie a standing ovation and I thought I was losing my loving mind.

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I saw the first three in theaters and the extended pirate lore beyond the first one is loving stupid as hell. And the third movie has a less happy ending than the first.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Arrhythmia posted:

lol awesome

i was in a theater that had a trailer for fantastic beasts 2 and a woman near me was so excited to see hogwarts again she started crying

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

When I saw the last Jedi in theaters someone clapped when the credits came up and maybe 2 other people in the audience followed suit.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

When I saw the last Jedi in theaters someone clapped when the credits came up and maybe 2 other people in the audience followed suit.

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

now that the trump presidency has convinced Disney to let the muppets take over the hall of presidents, it's high time that the coward imagineers added an epic battle with Sora into the pirates of the caribbean theme park ride.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Was it everyone at once, or the thing where one person stands up and claps and then the whole audience slowly joins in?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

lmfao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Was it everyone at once, or the thing where one person stands up and claps and then the whole audience slowly joins in?

Latter.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the biggest clap i've ever heard in a movie theater was at a midnight showing for something, i forget what, and during the previews some drunk guy kept yelling "spider man 2! spider man 2!" and then there WAS a preview for spider man 2. there was a brief pause and then he started yelling "spider man 3!" and everyone laughed and applauded. it was a weird crowd though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Honey stay for a bit. I've heard Jack Sparrow is in the after credits sequence.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

the biggest clap i've ever heard in a movie theater was at a midnight showing for something, i forget what, and during the previews some drunk guy kept yelling "spider man 2! spider man 2!" and then there WAS a preview for spider man 2. there was a brief pause and then he started yelling "spider man 3!" and everyone laughed and applauded. it was a weird crowd though.

Lol cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

biggest crowd pop I've ever heard in a theater was a extremely drunk crowd at John wick 2 when he looked at a Pen

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh my god

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

gamers win again

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
in x-men origins wolverine when young professor x showed up my friends and I laughed and I said "shut the gently caress up"
(which locally is like slang to acknowledge something stupid. like if you bump into your pal in an unlikely place you might smile and say "shut the gently caress up")

but a bunch of people had started building applause because professor x was on screen, and I guess they thought I was mad at them and the applause awkwardly petered out and I felt bad

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Cubone posted:

in x-men origins wolverine when young professor x showed up my friends and I laughed and I said "shut the gently caress up"
(which locally is like slang to acknowledge something stupid. like if you bump into your pal in an unlikely place you might smile and say "shut the gently caress up")

but a bunch of people had started building applause because professor x was on screen, and I guess they thought I was mad at them and the applause awkwardly petered out and I felt bad

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

best ive got is some dude who stood up when optimus prime showed up in the first transformers movie and starting screaming "OH MY GOD IT'S OPTIMUS PRIME" and whooping and clapping while everyone else was looking around like uh...yeah

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I can't remember if it was the second or third Pirates of the Caribbean, but when Keith Richards showed up some woman yelled out "KEITH RICHARDS! IT'S KEITH RICHARDS! LOOK IT'S KEITH RICHARDS!"

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

herculon posted:

I can't remember if it was the second or third Pirates of the Caribbean, but when Keith Richards showed up some woman yelled out "KEITH RICHARDS! IT'S KEITH RICHARDS! LOOK IT'S KEITH RICHARDS!"

My Mom literally did this.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I only saw one of the x men movies in the theater, and hugh jackman was in exactly one scene and his only line was to tell the other x men to gently caress off. to this day I think it's funnier not having any understanding of why that happened than whatever the real joke is.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

this is the movie theater experience thread now. sorry mickey.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

When I watched The Shape of Water and it got to the scene where the bad guy rips off his fingers while talking about Samson pulling pillars down on Philistines I thought it was really funny and laughed really loudly and a bunch of people in the dead silent theatre looked dead at me

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Pirate Lords.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

can’t remember what movie it was, but the female lead scoffed at the main character, and said something like “you really don’t know a thing about women” and some guy in the audience yells “MY BROTHER DOES!”

the entire theater loved it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bump for restarting Re:coded on a WiiU. Custom firmware natch. Blow that poo poo up 1080p on the big screen.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvxuSoJIEvs

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

:slick:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol cool