Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
EverQuest base Goblin: :geno:

EverQuest Kunark expansion Goblin: :stoked:

EverQuest base Aqua Goblin: :yeshaha:
:yooge: :yooge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo
Big dumb jocks you can easily trick into doing things as long as you frame it as something they want

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
Troll Scale

Pros:
Foighting
Cons:
have to speak cockney

Pros:
easier to look at. more frog than mammal/reptile thing
Cons:
osteoporosis

Pros:
They can get you/probably already have "the good poo poo"
Cons:
ADD as fuuccckkk

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

lilljonas posted:

Hot take goblin discussion topic:

What is the best goblin design: big nosed goblins, or small nose goblins? I'm not sure, I used to really prefer big nosed goblins, but I can kinda see the point of small nosed goblin designs too.

Each expansion of Magic:The Gathering has a concept art guide for every new plane. If the plane is set to have goblins, those goblins have a very unique take on how they look.

My favorite is from Zendikar, a plane where the land is very chaotic that it sometimes wants to move around, disappear, or sometimes wants to kill you. That reason is why all the goblins have very large ears, intuition, and are used as guides. Read the flavor text of the card (at the bottom of the card in italics) because MTG developers love adding jokes to goblin cards.

I like the last one just because of the goblin in the background to the right showing that emotion of, "Oh no, Grimsnaw is doing it again".

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 18, 2022

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
What if they are made of candy and fight on cakes?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
Wizards has been releasing remakes of old cards. One of their first were 5 well known goblins either because they were there near the start of magic or actually saw play in tournaments.

and all the card art combine into a panorama of a normal goblin outing.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Nekrogoblikon - No One Survives

https://youtu.be/KsMKOx6fumc

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Tias posted:

On the subject of goblin sounds, have the page for melodic death band NECROGOBLIKON: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nekrogoblikon

Nekrogoblikon would be NOTHING without their mascot John Goblikon; talk show host, stunt actor, Chili's enjoyed, self help guru.

You can learn more through his book John Goblikon’s Guide to Living Your Best Life

Book description posted:

n a world filled with trolls, we all need to live life more like a goblin. What does it mean to “live life like a goblin”? It means to give no fucks, but also all the fucks in the world at the same time. It means to be constantly anxiety ridden while also eternally optimistic. A goblin’s heart, specifically John Goblikon’s, is filled with love, joy, angst, constant quandary, Chili’s Southwestern Egg rolls, metal, and empathy. Through the goblin eyes of being an internet-celebrity–insurance-salesman–rock and roll-mascot for the Goblin Metal outfit NEKROGOBLIKON, we learn about life, death, business, food, music, travel, culture, dating, school, drinking, compassion, and much more!

John walks readers through crucial life steps, from becoming internet famous, to getting dates with special someones, to even correct ordering techniques for the perfect meal at Chili’s.

Have a problem? John Goblikon assumes he knows how to help you solve it…all in this new, for-sure-to-be-a-New-York-Times-bestseller-and-win-like-a-hundred-awards debut book: John Goblikon’s Guide to Living Your Best Life.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
a short youtube about Dinglemire, a very down-to-earth Goblin.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

WoTC started making crossovers with their other properties like D&D

Waiting for Planescape where in MTG would be called "Going Next Door"scape

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

I would like to nominate the aye-aye as goblin. at least goblin adjacent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--VOtqiqKQA

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
Rats are not goblins, but I support the cooperation between the two races

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

sasha_d3ath posted:

I've had this image for years.

#bless

:pray:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Megazver posted:

This is a video about videogames where you goblin mode. It's p good.

The "Hee Hee Hoo Hoo" score is the best score describing goblin joy.

I am mad Ghost Trick ghost was not considered because there is nothing more terrifying than an incorporeal goblin.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 11, 2022

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

lilljonas posted:

I'd say the opposite works though, that poltergeists are the ghost version of goblins. Just messing up kitchen cabinets and switching TVs on and off for days.

You see a goblin ghost. He says it's gonna mess up your pots and pans.

What do you do?

Better question: What can you do?

Nothing is the answer. Goblin walks through walls and other people directly to the targeted pots and pans.

Put them up high? Heh, might work on non-metapysical goblins, but this goblin can mother loving float.

Pots and pans will be messed with now and forever!

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 12, 2022

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

lilljonas posted:

My baby daughter just laughted her rear end off when her mother dropped her bike keys on the ground. Then she puked bright orange couscous and chicken mash over me and laughed even harder.

I might have scored myself a goblin changeling?

MTG made a card for this

changeling is everything including goblin but the face in the art is what I think your kid would make.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Moreau posted:

Elder goblin knights and young goblin squires, riding majestic turkeys on a quest to the local landfill

M:TG Goblin Knight Dump

:cawg: Cicada rider

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
Holiday tips of how to survive the holidays from a Chili'sTM Restaurant loving goblin, John Goblikon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOpp1uf_4Yc

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

yes that big guy in the back is holding a pig and he has an ability to hit it really far

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

bwuaaah?!? sponsored posts????

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Mirage posted:

Japanese TTRPG goblin/kobold dichotomy:

I played a lot of Everquest so this is what I thought kobolds looked like

so when I saw D&D had kobolds were lizards, it was like "whaaaaat"?

WoW didn't even clean up the confusion when they made kobolds disgusting rat things

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJHp3B5G0SA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o446CEoMmIQ

Nobody lied to glimbo.... And gets away with it....

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Just a goblin loving life

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Agree/disagree?

The first one is def just a gnome barbarian/caveman

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Splicer posted:

Never agree with a list where starfinder is the least worst option.

Here's the 4e goblins:

*completely green
*ludicrous teeth situation
*long luscious locks
*why is that guy jumping? Because he's a goblin.
*shift one when missed by a melee attack which is annoying as hell and also the reason why that guy is jumping

No doubt. 4e goblins are awesome.

Strange how people support 5e goblins as being goblins. Those things are definitely in goblin-mode though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo