Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh my God it's so much worse than I imagined it would be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

The insanity of these stupid books is such

that every single post in this thread could plausibly be true

"Later skater!" I felt myself exclaim as I pressed the tiny red button (a clever joke by the suit designers, referencing the ominous "Big Red Button" in the 80s anime Pinky and the Brain) which summoned my exclusive, one of a kind replica Tony Hawk custom skateboard - upgraded, naturally, with small rocket jets and decorated with stickers of my favorite 80s bands (They Might Be Giants and Harvey Danger)

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

chitoryu12 posted:

If I posted real excerpts from the book, nobody would believe they were real.

I refuse to believe that Ernest Cline is cool enough to even know that Prince had a song called "Gett Off"

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

chitoryu12 posted:

Ernest Cline doesn't know how most things work except a word processor.

Even that is debatable

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
SuicideGirls go for the Chad Warren Ellis, not the virgin Ernest Cline

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

jkk posted:

How come they don't sue all the people who sell Animal Crossing related crap on Etsy?

Because there are so many of them, lawyers are expensive, and it wouldn't be worth their time because how much in damages would they even be able to get

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Leroy Dennui posted:

I'm trying to find out who that scientist who hosed a lot during the early-to-mid 20th century was, but Google and Wikipedia are not helping me.

Stephen Hawking was a major pussy hound when he was young and healthy

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
"Rubenesque"

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
It's true that geeks have a hard time getting laid, because geek and nerd are very different

Cline and all his fans are geeks who think they're nerds

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

LanceHunter posted:

Nerd culture today is a cesspool that threatens our very civilization, but at least the tremendously stupid "geek vs nerd" debate (which relies entirely on two arbitrary re-definitions of two made-up social categories) isn't a thing anymore for anyone under 30.

:( I was just pointing out that geeks are like, gross weird people. Like, Beavis is a geek. Cline isn't a nerd and nerds don't have an inherently hard time getting laid

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Randarkman posted:

The words basically mean the same thing now and both are basically worthless as far as actually providing a useful description of a group of people.

e: Also I'm pretty sure Ernest Cline is married. Gross people get laid all the time (as in it's not uncommon).

Okay sorry jeez

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Giggle Goose posted:

I wonder how Cline sees himself. Does he know that his writing is awful and that his success is a literary black swan event? Does he see himself as some kind of auteur?

His wife is a slam poet so I have no doubt he really thinks he's good at words

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

No thank you

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

ErrEff posted:

Chris Tilly and Ernest Cline are, allegedly, not the same person.

I do not believe that for a second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Klyith posted:

god drat that's an evisceration

"Let them download cake"