Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Once you join goonscape you're here forever (this is a good thing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Ag0at/status/1467870132269731849

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Soulhunter posted:

Someone must have managed to skip the tutorial and was playing as an ultimate Ironman all along, and is now broken as a person because of the revelation that they could've been banking items.

Accidental Ironman is the dumbest, yet strongest of all the ironmen.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Forgot to do the Golden Partyhat stuff and I'm missing out on one of the most valuable items in recent history.

:(

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
These OSRS leageus are cool as HELL.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Armauk posted:

I'm jumping into RS3 for the first time. I created an non-ironman account. Did I make a mistake? From what I've read, ironman is the way to play, even as a beginner.

I don't think you made a mistake. Economy and player interaction is fun. Enjoy yourself and don't overthink it.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

bi crimes posted:

I played runescape a ton from 2001 to late 2002. I put in a ticket to try and get my old character. I remember having a ton of party hats and other things from the time. I wonder if they'll come through and restore my character? I'll report back when they respond to my ticket

Good luck! Don't trade those party hats until you do research into them. They're worth thousands of IRL dollars.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Adding onto the F2P experience: The way leveling works you won't hit any significant roadblocks until you know if you like the game or not. You might hit areas you can't go to, but you won't see players running around with equipment you can't get yet. (And if you do, they can't be used on free worlds anyway.)

It also creates a sort of secondary market where things like Rune items are worth more because it's the best gear for a chunk of the playerbase.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

StrixNebulosa posted:

I am having such a delightful time this morning running around and exploring, killing things and selling the bones for cash. I helped out a chef, did a quest for a wizard, and I need to buy a shovel. :allears:

This feels like the platonic ideal of an mmorpg as it's just...you've got skills and a sandbox, get to it! And the stories are charming old school fantasy so far.

e: Why can't I sell cowhide?

If you're hurting for coins, I'd be happy to give you some.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'd be playing OSRS Fresh Start but I'd have to have a second membership and I really do not want to have two accounts. :|

GetDunked posted:

My personal favorite video guides are made by Protoxx--he's got a few videos for players returning to RS3 after a long period of time such as this and this. I'd also highly recommend just asking in the Discord or in clan chat, we're a friendly bunch and have plenty of time to answer questions while we click between rocks.

GoonScape is BestScape. :)

Agoat fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 15, 2023

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Hyedum posted:

citation needed

I have had nothing but great experiences with GoonScape. I feel lucky to call y'all my friends.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I gotta be honest, Necromancy in RS3 doesn't seem great. It seems like they're doing way too much.

Looking at OSRS... But fresh start has me worried there, too. Less worried, but still.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
new quest is out

raptor is a woman now for some reason

edit: this isn't political commentary, it's just not very well handled

Agoat fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 17, 2023

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
The first Necromancer approaches you as you level up your Dungeoneering using a medium XP lamp.

"Adventurer... You have a great capability for learning... Unlike most mortals... Do you have stairs in your house?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Adderall is back on the menu, Goons!!

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/a=97/-birthday-bonanza--vorkath-updates--this-week-in-runescape