Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Just got the ability to change jobs in LAD, any jobs worth using with Ichiban? Game rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Thanks for the job hints, switched everyone but Ichiban up. Really enjoying Like a Dragon, though the business management is a bit annoying.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

finally cracked the top ten in the LAD business manager, it’s nice to actually have some real money

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

IGgy IGsen posted:

I wish you could just automate that game. Because at that point you're pretty much too big to fail anymore.
I love that this game doesn't have any waiting, unlike the Real Estate in 0 but it can get real tedious.

Anyway, congrats, you're almost done!

My board consists of a guy named techno, a random salary man, a chimpanzee, and a literal child. Game rules

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

right arm posted:

Lol ichiban and nanba talking about dragon quest over sake while sitting on disgusting futons is incredibly heartwarming

I love that the game is turn based because Ichiban is a dork who loves dragon quest and that’s just how he sees the world

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Like a dragon chapter 12 spoilers

Was not expecting to return to Sotenbori in this game, and definitely was not expecting to fight Majima. Well back to the battle arena to grind out a bunch of levels so Majima doesn’t slaughter me so fast.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

lol

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Chapter 14 of lad spoilers

the Kiryu fight was surprisingly easy, but still cool. game continues to rule, and I don’t want it to end.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

That makes so much sense, lol. Think I might replay the series from zero when I’m done with lad.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Just finished Like A Dragon. What a great game. Had my doubts about a non Kiryu focus but Ichiban is a drat good character.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Brass Hand posted:

LaD’s supporting cast is the star of the show imho. I

I agree every character is awesome.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

started replaying zero tonight, I don’t remember being so bad at the combat but I just keep getting stun locked. I’ll figure it out but in the mean time I’ve got to teach a woman how to be a dominatrix.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Fumaofthelake posted:

Big time spoilers for Yakuza 6 and Yakuza 7

He also shows up at the two most perfect times, especially outside the Bleach Japan building where the party and you the player are getting really uncomfortable with how off the rails Ichi is going.

This was a surprising bit of realism.

I’m having a bitch of time with the combat for Kiryu in yakuza 0. no problem with Majima but no matter which style I try with Kiryu I suck. Any tips?

E: I’m a moron, had the stupid charismatic autobiography equipped.

RandolphCarter fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jul 1, 2021

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I forgot how much time it takes to make real money with the real estate game in zero.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I hope we get at least one more Ichiban game.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Nice.

Bongo Bill posted:

An RPG where your whole party is some combination of middle aged and washed up is incredibly refreshing.

:hai:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’ve only done the Amon fight once, in 3 I think, and that was enough for me.

Finished 0 last night, starting Kiwami today. Yakuza summer rolls along.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

^^ E: nevermind, they are insane

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

i wonder if the actor cares that much or if it’s more of the agency?

It could just be a stunt to try and get Sega to get a big payday.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

gently caress David Cage, that’s heinous

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

This talent agency seems pretty talented at sucking

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

roomtone posted:

make a miss tatsu game

:hai:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

It completely contradicts the story but drat do I love Majima Everywhere in Kiwami.

RandolphCarter fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 13, 2021

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

how does it contradict the story? he's everywhere because he's obsessed with kiryu and be disappears sometimes for story reasons

It’s mostly that Majima takes a blade to the gut for Kiryu at the batting cage. but a bit what others have said.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

lol I forgot about that

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Just give me an English version of Kenzan and Ishin please.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Kiryu straight up uses a dude as a human bullet shield in Kiwami

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

[Learned Komaki Essence of White Phosphorus]

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Wes Warhammer posted:

judgment is on ps now but because you can't take screenshots on ps now you can't beat a mandatory mission that's only two chapters in. shameful

I didn’t know that about ps now, that’s pretty dumb.

I’m doing the bouncer missions in Kiwami 2, I skipped them the first time I played, man there sure are a bunch. Really hope there’s a good reward for doing them all.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Playing Judgment, really enjoying it except for this date where I have to play poker against a fake English dude. Low stakes poker sucks and takes forever.

If we don’t talk about judgment in this thread:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Anyone who gets 100% in a yakuza game is a hero and deserves a medal :patriot:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Started playing the fist of the North Star game and god bless them for managing to put a hostess club mini game in there

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I just finished the fist of the North Star. It’s ok but skippable.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

good time to be a yakuza fan

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Sudden Javelin posted:

overjoyed to hear that yakuza 6 is gonna be the easiest plat in the series

nice

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I am replaying 4 because I didn’t remember anything posted in this thread. Akiyama is at least fun to play as so far.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Essence of Laugh Factory

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Infinite wealth is going to be so good

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

lmao

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I respect the hell out of all those who plats a yakuza game, they are just better than me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005