Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Ruby Gloom posted:

i heard this cover of run to the hills today and i am undecided, it's good musically but the singer sounds very polite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsKyRgIQj90

The Cardigans covered "Iron Man" originally by Edit: Black Sabbath. I think it is worth a listen. I've been trying to figure out what cartoon is playing in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3gQSPMHPm0

Apologies, thank you for the correction!

Anderson Koopa fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 24, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Hannah Barbara's The Man in the Iron Mask

Thank you for that. I was having zero luck finding out using Google.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

fartknocker posted:

:goonsay: Iron Man is by Black Sabbath!

Also, the best version of it is the Ozzy version with Randy Rhodes, who is just insane on that album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwR57BT9E3M

That song segues directly into another old Black Sabbath song, and again, the live version with Randy throwing in all sorts of extra stuff is amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ttdQLrxCX0

Thank you for the correction!

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Do threads with a page count above a certain number break the servers?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

bagmonkey posted:

i am gonna eat fist fulls of edibles today, i have to dress up as a devil and drive a red dwarf out of detroit. such is the burden of the bagmo

That sounds like quite the party. Are there going to be pictures of the event?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

redshirt posted:

Any new techniques that are fresh and modern?

Slap a tourniquet on it, all bleeding stops eventually.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

bagmonkey posted:

what should i eat for dinner tonight goons

lady bagmo is hanging w/ one of her besties so i gotta feed myself gonna walk downtown and beer

The new Cantina Chicken soft taco from Taco Bell is pretty good. I can also recommend the loaded Nachos on the value menu.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

bagmonkey posted:

hmmm gonna see if Danny's has this

Also feel free to consult F You and Dine, their opinions are generally accurate / good.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Win anything good? Also what's in the box? I had a hot Chicken tender slider from a place around here. It was pretty good and made better by the fact that it was free (rewards points).

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

The username pairs very nicely with the post. :cheers:

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

PainterofCrap posted:

This is correct.

On the matter of the Public Poopknife:

This was one of the few photos that a minder permitted my father to take while on a business trip to the Soviet Union in 1975.

These are beverage vending machines:

You will note the distinct lack of litter or trashcans. That is because each machine services a single metal cup, one chained to each machine.

My father diplomatically refused to give it a whirl.

On the topic of sharing things that really shouldn't be shared....

:nws::nws:

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Visions of Valerie posted:

dudes... rock... ?

I have a memory of a bunch of guys collectively floating a urinal cake from one end to the other. Rock might be a strong word for us.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

So I saw a guy carrying a fairly substantial cross around downtown. Anyone else see anything similar today?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Escape From Noise posted:

There's a major catholic pilgrimage in Chimayo, New Mexico today. Probably an Easter thing.

I figured, this was in Eastern CT and it was just one guy.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Cool ship / lemmings.

My wife found a picture of the guy carrying the cross around.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Ruby Gloom posted:

i don't know a lot about jesus but i'm pretty sure he didn't have braids

also today i petted an amazing cat and when i was walking away it went into someones garden and bit their dog :lmao:

Good kitty.

Also is it just me, or is that cross lopsided?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

That reminds me of 11foot8. I checked their website and it said they stopped updating.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

It sounds like Punxsutawney Phil had a good time with his gal pal Phyllis. They are the proud parents of two baby groundhogs.

Wikipedia posted:

Outside of Groundhog Day, Phil resides with a mate, Phyllis, at the Punxsutawney Memorial Library in a climate-controlled environment. In March 2024, the Inner Circle announced that Phil had sired two babies, the first time in the history of the event that such a siring had happened; the birth surprised the Inner Circle, which had assumed that groundhogs do not breed in captivity. As a result of the births, the family will move permanently to Gobblers Knob. The Inner Circle disowned the babies from ever inheriting their father's position.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punxsutawney_Phil

It sounds like the Inner Circle doesn't know much about rodent reproductive strategies. I also find it amusing they feel the need to address the Succession issue at all.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

TIP posted:

FUUUUUCK

after several hours of fighting with this poo poo it is STILL NOT WORKING because some dependency called apex is not installing correctly and causing everything to error out with "no module named 'fused_layer_norm_cuda'"

I can find years and years of people posting about this problem to their github and none of the proposed solutions work

:bang:

Who are two guys that sometimes hang out by a car's air conditioner controls?

Norm and Max!

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I grew up going to church at least once a week. My dad especially was SUPER into church and making me and my siblings go. There was a long period of my life where all my dreams took place inside the church building. Like I would have a dream about school and I knew it was school but physically the setting was still the Lutheran church. I was there way too often!!

I stopped wanting to go when I was a teenager but I didn't manage to completely extricate myself until my early 20s. I haven't been in a church in probably 15 years. I do not have any interest in religion and easter is a holiday that is hard to extricate from its religious basis. I like bunnies and flowers and candy but I don't care about Jesus, but Jesus dominates the holiday so that makes it a holiday I don't like.

The only good thing is that imgur has been filled with a lot of blasphemous holiday memes that warm my cold dead lutheran kid heart

My mom is super Catholic and my brother is on track to becoming a Priest. My dad and I are are agnostic / areligious. It makes for a fun party.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

bagmonkey posted:

5KPT EAST COAST GOONS CHECK IN PLEASE THANK U

Eastern CT here, I didn't feel anything.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Anyone been following the Candidates Tournament?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Beer_Day_(United_States)

Happy New Beer's Eve to all that celebrate. :cheers: :beerpal:

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Holy poo poo I did not know this was a thing

Happy National Beer's Eve to everyone!

I always laugh when I see your username.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I was at my favorite brewery last night and they have this thing on the wall that’s always bugged me. New Englanders, see if you can spot why.

The whole thing drives me crazy, but the inclusion of "Hamburger". Also the Connecticut River goes up down in the middle, not left right on the bottom.

Edit: Just saw the spoilers. CT is a little too wide.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I did some daydrink I ng and apparently 4 shots is too much for my old rear end that drinks like, 2 or 3 times a year.

Happy National Beer Day everyone!

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Happy National Beer Day!
I'm National Beering right now!
Huzzah!

They are doing an NFL mock draft over at TFF. My 2nd round mock draft pick just got arrested for DWI. There is a chance he was celebrating New Beer's Eve.

https://www.kvue.com/article/sports...79-6ce3c1b40ec6

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Beer Gay So What posted:

post below to be assigned your new mormon name

Go for it.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Wait hold up
I'm supposed to go to the hospital for that? So whos been giving me my prostate exam?

My doctor told me it was perfectly normal to get an erection during a prostate exam. I really wish he hadn't though.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Is your doctor hot?

Apologies, the point of the joke is that the doctor is the one hard at work so to speak

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

TIP posted:

your wording was too ambiguous, sounded like you wished your doctor hadn't told you

Fair. I am on mobile. Have another medical joke. Why did the pony go to the ENT?

He was a little hoarse!

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

https://www.yahoo.com/news/search-continues-maine-officer-charged-113018999.html

Anyone else see this news story? Cop picks guy up, claims to have taken him to a hospital, hospital has no record of that, and the guy is still missing.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

We can count! 1234 people browsing GBS.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

AKZ posted:

Yo my cat barricaded himself in the bathroom. He closes doors behind himself and then he pulled a drawer open across where the door opens effectively creating am extra large deadbolt out of cabinetry.

What resources do you have on your side of the barricade that he would consider bargaining for?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Clapton himself will be staying clear of heaven, stating concerns about it being "too ethnic"

Conor Clapton was quite the prolific reader for a 4 year old. He got through about 50 stories in 6 seconds flat.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

See that's just good business sense. The EMS crew is creating future patients to take care of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Hwau0BSpg&t=200s

Anderson Koopa fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 22, 2024

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

bagmonkey posted:

its monday and I work from home this week cuz of the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE DRAFT 2024 LIVE FROM DETROIT, MICHIGAN!

I participated in the Goon draft on behalf of the Patriots. I hope the Patriots don't ruin another quarterback.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

One of my kitties is on top of my computer trying to chew the headphone cord. I think she is sleepy.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

This is Lilac. She is sweet and a food savant.

Edit: She is also willing to let me pick her up and give her tummy kisses. She is also an orangey, even though she hides it well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Ruby Gloom posted:

she's winking :3: and look at her fuzzy little peets aaaaaahhhh ily lilac :neckbeard:

This is Cocoa, she might look scary, but she is very sweet. She is the more "cat" like of the two. She only comes out when she wants some affection.