Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I do enjoy the rhetorical approach of referring to a thing as if it is a real thing when it is in fact not a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Isn't that like 90% of their output?

You've got what, the footy cartoonist?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As far as I know they canceled all the checkups until quite recently and are still working through the emergency backlog.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Shouldn't Keith get more grief for being in Corbyn's shadow cabinet for most of the 4 years he was leader? Like, if Corbyn is that antisemitic then why were you willing to work for him for so long Keith?

The people who like him are entirely supportive of that sort of duplicity.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

peanut- posted:

I legit don't understand this tweet. What is she trying to say?

"You should support deportations to appeal to the northern racist brain and also my brain"

But because she is a journalist she does the ronya approach of trying to obfuscate her opinion by pointing at other people making it and claiming it is merely pragmatism.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The specifically telling phrase is "debating and defending"

Because the defending supercedes the debating but you add debating there to make it sound like it isn't the point.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

My first vidya game was playing my dad's large bootleg amiga collection on an old black and white telly.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The world is poo poo but the weather is not, so have some pictures from today.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It took me a few minutes to realise why elliot page was apparently very famous.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It took me a further ten minutes before I remembered the only reason I know the name was because of the last of us which I have not even played.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I also had a vague association with david cage but couldn't remember if I was just making it up.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

loving astrology for mbas.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nothingtoseehere posted:

I doubt that will happen (legally, at least). Simply because there's such a high demand for the vaccine all the sales are spoken for by national governments - there's no extra production to sell privately. I have no doubt they'll be cases of vaccine being stolen/"lost" from government hands because we're dealing with such large numbers some is gonna go missing. But there's just not the supply to support semi legal queue jumping by the rich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feY5KhdXsUQ

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

sinky posted:

^ Weird seeing the non edited version of that

I know right.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Every time I go to the dentist she keeps basically negging me saying she can do all this private poo poo to make me look fancy and I'm like no, unless you're gonna give me the ability to bite through rocks I don't care.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What I'm hearing is that there is a strong possibility the vaccine will achieve spontaneous cold fusion the minute the UK government gets their hands on it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you believe, as I do, that all of history is wrong, then you should do what I say to do.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Earlier this year some outfit was flogging an anti-5G device for over £300: it was a USB stick (can't remember how many mB) with a pdf file on it about 5G.

Could be worse, could be radioactive. That's what some of the weird kook devices are, just radioactive slag.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I solve all airline related problems by having never flown since before 9/11

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The benefit of a fear of falling is that you can still do it just as well as everybody else no matter how much you might object to it happening.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean yeah, living in 5g of acceleration for an extended period probably would change the shape of your head.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Elves really should be Welsh because sindarin is basically Welsh anyway.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Can't eat plastic spacemen though, I've tried.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I suppose that is marginally more hygenic with polymer notes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

No it's anti semetic, it's prejudiced against tops.

Not to be confused with antisemantic, which is what you get when someone's being a smartarse, antisomatic, which is when you don't want to get off the sofa to go piss, and antisemiotic, which is what the british government was during world war 2.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 3, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder if macron just sleeps in a big crib except instead of bright plastic things he just has sabers stuck on the side so he can rattle them when he's feeling cranky.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pick which thing you are least happy about.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Which... left wing press?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

The ones that aren't actually left wing.

So like... the guardian, maybe?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't see why I would vote for someone who has no interest in opposing the government.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Some people appear to be ravenously horny for the haunted geography teacher look.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I didn't even watch it when corbyn was leader, it's completely pointless.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Breath Ray posted:

the weakening link between labour and the unions is good because everyone over 40 associates unions with rail strikes and not getting your bins delivered

Sounds like a good reason to weaken the link between over 40's and their heads as well, tbh.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I am being a bit facetious given that I don't think everyone over 40 thinks that. I know you certainly don't.

Guillotine the middle class instead.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 4, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is that the same poll that puts rishi sunak miles better than keith

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The weirdest thing to me is that someone actually plans out the production line for what choclates go where in the advent calendar.

I figured they just fired them out at random from a big hopper.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Convex posted:

well i hope those fights were only enacted by characters of the appropriate gender!

:suicide:

A major plot point in the second book is everyone has to go to the girl's bathroom because the final boss made his evil lair under it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can't remember the plot of the fourth one because it's like twice as thick as the first three.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

stev posted:

They also fight off a large, male invader in the girls' bathroom in the first one. The plot thickens.

Oh yeah gently caress I forgot about that lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

How dare you question the journalistic integrity of the paper of record, the sunday sport, world leading reporter on the british celebrity sex dwarf community.