Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

This is a classic leak hard, row back announcement strategy. Tier 4 will only be parts of London, South East and probably not much at all of East Anglia and will be applauded as the sensible and tolerable middle way.

Rather than a damning failure of the government to bring the virus under control for over 8 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Sounds like you should kick that lad in the headlamp

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Just learnt from the telly that only fools and horses was played to cover over the BBC technician strike, which makes del boy a scab

Always thought only fools was a bit poo poo so good to know my instincts were praxis

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Regarde Aduck posted:

I can't actually listen to these dickheads anymore. I mean the scientists and experts. They are at best weak willed and unable to convince the people that matter and at worse actively stupid. Every crisis point, such as this, has just as many 'experts' argueing the exact opposite. Which means half of them are lying or wrong. There's been no consensus on anything. It's all hosed.

Not being able to convince a death cult not to do death is pretty hard.

The easiest way to navigate these issues is look at what Tony Blair wants then do the opposite. He supported single doses a month ago, when it was possible to avoid that outcome. Now it has to be single doses, because otherwise the NHS will be completely overwhelmed.