Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

brains
May 12, 2004

bulletsponge13 posted:

I saw another post that it was to allow them close to him time to grieve privately.

Since I failed civics (ha! Like my public school taught that) what happens if those 140 raging dickheads choose not to certify or whatever?

a 2 hour "debate" followed by the democrat-controlled house voting to certify. it's 100% performative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I'm still baffled as to why they kept it quiet for so long.

i think it's because we haven't seen the last of DOOM, but that may be me being in denial

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

bulletsponge13 posted:

Since I failed civics (ha! Like my public school taught that) what happens if those 140 raging dickheads choose not to certify or whatever?

Literally nothing.

It's a two-step process to chuck a state's electoral votes - first you need a House/Senate member to both sign the objection. That causes a maximum of 2-hours of debate, per objection. Then, you need both the House to vote to sustain the objection (majority vote) and the Senate to vote to sustain the objection (majority vote). If only one chamber votes to sustain and the other doesn't, the state governor-certified results (ie THE loving RESULTS) stand.

The House won't sustain the objection (Democrats control the chamber). The Senate won't sustain the objection (at the time, it will be a 51-48 Senate, and Sasse/McConnell/Murkowski/Collins/etc aren't going to vote to sustain).

Because the votes are preordained to fail, the numbers will look bigger than they are, as Republicans are more afraid of primaries than general elections lately.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Woodchiper time

https://nypost.com/2020/12/26/man-describes-harrowing-escape-from-deadly-queens-house-fire/

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Good grief.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

so they think maybe the landlord or an affiliate lit the house on fire considering the pattern of harassment to residents? fucks sake

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

CommieGIR posted:

Finally found a photo of the "computer repair man" that "had" Hunter's laptop

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1344761964149542912?s=20

Are you serious with this look?

I get jealous of crazy people news sometimes. There's a sense of joy and entertainment to it that boring normal people news eschews.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I escaped 2020 fuccckkkkkk yooouuuu!

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

LingcodKilla posted:

I escaped 2020 fuccckkkkkk yooouuuu!

<<A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES>>

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm excited to see how 2021 tops this.

e: content

The Last Call posted:

No girls allowed in club.

Proud Boys Melt Down Over Growing ‘Proud Girls’ Movement On Far-Right Social Media Site Parler

https://percolately.com/proud-boys-proud-girls-far-right/

For The Proud Boys, an extremist hate group formed four years ago in New York City, 2020 was quite the year.

But most recently the group has grabbed headlines because they simply cannot accept that a group of women online want to spread hate and tolerance too.

As the Daily Dot has reported, the Proud Boys got into a tizzy when multiple women took to social media and began to identify themselves as “The Proud Girls.”

It all went down on Parler, a Twitter-esque social media site that has become the haven for conservative thinkers.

The Daily Dot explained that users like “ProudGirls2020” and “TheProudGirlsFlorida” have been using Parler to peddle their own hateful ideals for months now.

That growing movement apparently bothered The Proud Boys so much that one of the group’s members–Proud Boys Northern Nevada–tore into an on-brand, misogynistic rant.

The tirade began with the equivalent of someone on a playground sticking their tongue out.

“Dear ‘Proud Girls.’ Stop.”

“Hijacking our fraternity because you can’t stand men having their own club is exactly why we created this club in the first place.”

“You aren’t supporting us. You’re hurting us. You’re ruining what we hold dear.”

Then, right on cue, the cartoonish gender stereotypes came out.

“Want to know how to ACTUALLY support us? Get married, have children, cultivate wonderful communities in which we can live in.”

“To save the west we need WOMEN BEING WOMEN. Not women trying to be men.”

“We beg of you, with sincere love from the bottom of our hearts, get pregnant and get the gently caress back in the kitchen.”

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 1, 2021

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Real Good People

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I hope the Proud Boys and Girls make peace and go on a retreat together, then all loving die before they reach their destination.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I hope the Proud Boys and Girls make peace and go on a retreat together, then all loving die before they reach their destination.

Of course your response is a camp. Where we could concentrate them all.

Who is the real bad guy here?

/s in case anyone wasn't sure.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

I'm excited to see how 2021 tops this.

e: content

Proud Boys really want to follow the model of the SA don't they.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

facialimpediment posted:

Literally nothing.

It's a two-step process to chuck a state's electoral votes - first you need a House/Senate member to both sign the objection. That causes a maximum of 2-hours of debate, per objection. Then, you need both the House to vote to sustain the objection (majority vote) and the Senate to vote to sustain the objection (majority vote). If only one chamber votes to sustain and the other doesn't, the state governor-certified results (ie THE loving RESULTS) stand.

The House won't sustain the objection (Democrats control the chamber). The Senate won't sustain the objection (at the time, it will be a 51-48 Senate, and Sasse/McConnell/Murkowski/Collins/etc aren't going to vote to sustain).

Because the votes are preordained to fail, the numbers will look bigger than they are, as Republicans are more afraid of primaries than general elections lately.

Gonna be interesting when enough elected officials gently caress around because it's a sure thing, then we all find out.

orange juche posted:

so they think maybe the landlord or an affiliate lit the house on fire considering the pattern of harassment to residents? fucks sake

Also the accelerant found at the crime scene and the landlord's gloves.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 1, 2021

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Godholio posted:

Gonna be interesting when enough elected officials gently caress around because it's a sure thing, then we all find out.

That opens a legal clusterfuck with the 12th Amendment, enough that it's plausibly unconstitutional for Congress to even toss electoral votes in the first place. Nobody really knows how that shakes out because it hasn't happened before and it hurts my head thinking about it.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

FDA wants to charge distilleries $14k for making hand sanitizer this year.

https://twitter.com/justinboldaji/status/1344796535742222339?s=20

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lake of Methane posted:

:d2a:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

It's already dead, lasted about 24 hours.

https://twitter.com/SpoxHHS/status/1344782162118266880

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Lake of Methane posted:

This is how you make libertarians. Do you want libertarians?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Countdown until somebody leaks an email showing how the FDA begged for waivers and was denied until a politically expedient moment

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

That was fast. I figured they would let them twist in the wind for a month while Rs complained about how the Federal Government can't do anything right, don't you know these are honest small business owners who tried to help during a national crisis? Rabble rabble rabble unjust taxation rabble rabble.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

MRC48B posted:

That was fast. I figured they would let them twist in the wind for a month while Rs complained about how the Federal Government can't do anything right, don't you know these are honest small business owners who tried to help during a national crisis? Rabble rabble rabble unjust taxation rabble rabble.

I think we all underestimate how stupid the people are currently working in the federal agencies. They were instilled in there to gently caress everything up from 2017-2019, then all the good people left, so it's just the dregs left behind fighting the pandemic. Pretty easy to see how idiots at the FDA would miss this kind of thing when they were classifying "monograph drug facilities" with all of the new actual-company hand sanitizer companies sprang up versus distilleries.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

good

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CommieGIR posted:

Finally found a photo of the "computer repair man" that "had" Hunter's laptop

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1344761964149542912?s=20

Are you serious with this look?

Red Alert‐rear end motherfucker

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Air Force released an IG report into racial disparities, saying that whoops yeah they've been pretty racist with performance reports, promotions, and criminal justice (among other things) but aren't going to actually say they've been racist.

Report Findings posted:

The review confirmed that racial disparity exists for Black/African-American Airmen and Space Professionals in the areas of military discipline and career developmental opportunities. Specifically, varying degrees of disparity were identified in apprehensions, criminal investigations, military justice, administrative separations, placement into occupational career fields, certain promotion rates, officer and civilian professional military educational development and some leadership opportunities.

https://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/2453681/department-of-the-air-force-releases-findings-on-racial-disparity-review/

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Fallom posted:

Countdown until somebody leaks an email showing how the FDA begged for waivers and was denied until a politically expedient moment

I’ve seen that happen. Agency just saying “this is dumb as gently caress but mandated by law and/or regulation, can we get help stopping it?”

Then nothing happens until it hits the news or the right person’s desk who gets to say they stopped [agency] from stepping on necks.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Lake of Methane posted:

So was this tax added by the cares act or did it go something like:
we want to let distilleries make hand sanitizer,
oops, hand sanitizer is a medical product and medical products must be licensed by the fda,
fine it’s an emergency all distilleries now have the license
license costs $x/year
oops, all distilleries now have to pay that

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
No good deed goes unpunished.

Look at the hell 9/11 responders went through.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Platystemon posted:

Should have not let those towers burn down and collapse.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ElMaligno posted:

Should have not let those towers burn down and collapse.

bush hid the fax

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Platystemon posted:

A few are still going through it because they haven't died horrible deaths yet.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I just want to say, so long to this lovely loving year.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Handsome Ralph posted:

I just want to say, so long to this lovely loving year.

wait till you get a load of the next year!

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
2021 better be a better loving year than 2020. My mental health has been completely hosed by this year, like so many others.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
New Year’s Eve is the anniversary of the WHO notification of pneumonia of unknown cause in Wuhan.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

wait till you get a load of the next year!

I swear to god...

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Handsome Ralph posted:

I swear to god...

I dont want to be a negative nancy, but things are still poo poo and time is meaningless to viruses and beurocrats.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
We could always be hit by a meteor or a supervolcano or a solar flare.

Yellowstone, Cascadia, New Madrid, the third world war…

There are worse pathogens out there, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

gently caress off 2020.