Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I know I’m loving the crap out of it. Every waking minute Mitch has to wonder if Trump may finally lose it, and just tell people to visit Mitch at his house, or if he’s lucky just continually dick punch him on Twitter. :kiss:

"I supported Moscow Mitch and, if it weren't for YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT, he wouldn't have won re-election! Now he goes against MY demands, as head of the GOP, to give people $2,000! I'm starting to wonder if HIS election was rigged and if maybe HE lost in Kentucky! He saw what I did to DISLOYAL Jeff Sessions; maybe he's a RINO. SAD!"

Fuckin' :perfect:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
but more people die from the flu and this is just a flu

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

The first time I saw it, I swore the White Dude was a former college classmate.
I remember walking him home (after he was asked to leave the bar for asking random people to slap him)- I was trying to keep things jovial, so I had my arm around him, and we are walking, laughing, everything is going fine. Suddenly, he whips around to stand nose to chest with me.

"I'll fight you"
"Mike, I will murder you in a fight."
1 second pause
"Yeah, you would"

I was incredibly thankful he realized that the dude who is a foot taller and has 100lbs on him, and is way more sober (while still being drunk) would hurt him. Though I'm pretty sure he would have been happier to be unconscious with how angry his wife was.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/WalmartInc/status/1344363120773353472

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

This got brought up in the schad thread but the look on dude who doing the rear end kicking is just kinda heartbreaking. Like the guy is just there to get whatever and leave and this drunk/high white boy just will NOT stop calling him the n-word. Just over and over, so now he's gotta make the choice to beat this dudes rear end or leave. So he chooses the former and now it's all caught on tape for the whole world to memeify and possibly get him caught up in a place that is almost certainly not going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Going from body language, I think dude was gonna let it go after he dropped the can, but then White Dude tried to kick the can, and that was it- White Dude forced the issue.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Arson Daily posted:

This got brought up in the schad thread but the look on dude who doing the rear end kicking is just kinda heartbreaking. Like the guy is just there to get whatever and leave and this drunk/high white boy just will NOT stop calling him the n-word. Just over and over, so now he's gotta make the choice to beat this dudes rear end or leave. So he chooses the former and now it's all caught on tape for the whole world to memeify and possibly get him caught up in a place that is almost certainly not going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

If anything happens to him legally, the only upside is he'll have so much money flow in, I doubt he'll need to worry too much.

Drunk white dude earned that beating, and hopefully he's seen the video sober and realized he needs to learn a lesson.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
That white boy must be experiencing so much economic insecurity :(

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the can drop almost made him look foolish but what it actually did was make the white guy's guard completely drop

took it from chip damage to a crush counter

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

Drunk white dude earned that beating, and hopefully he's seen the video sober and realized he needs to learn a lesson.

Totally. We all know he's not going to learn poo poo though

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Arson Daily posted:

Totally. We all know he's not going to learn poo poo though

Pretty much. Even if he's not outwardly racist when not drunk, he has some deep seated racism issues.

Wrennic_26
Jul 9, 2009
As a new Saudi proxy government arrived on the airport tarmac in Aden, Yemen today, a bomb went off, killing 25 and injuring 110. Houthi rebels retain control of Yemens historical capitol of Sanaa, so this new cabinet government hoped to begin a reconciliation and negotiation process. Until they were blown up.

https://apnews.com/article/yemen-middle-east-cabinets-sanaa-9fdc085dab7abb0a0f9888158be5ab0d

Meanwhile, a million+ barrels of oil sit in the rusting Safer off Yemens coast; a pending ecological disaster irresolvable during open warfare in Yemen.

https://www.livescience.com/decaying-yemeni-oil-tanker.html

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

This is the first good thing associated with dmb

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

maffew buildings posted:

That white boy must be experiencing so much economic insecurity :(

Probably experiencing some dental insecurity right now.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Looks like we've had a direct anti-vaxxer attack in a hospital. Originally written off as an "oopsie", determined to not be one.

https://twitter.com/mattsmith_news/status/1344454695465713664

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Looks like we've had a direct anti-vaxxer attack in a hospital. Originally written off as an "oopsie", determined to not be one.

Cool cool cool

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

facialimpediment posted:

Sounds like domestic terrorism to me. Didn't we make some new laws post 9/11 to cover charging folks that make attacks on US citizens?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

So, I can't find it quickly but read a Twitter thread from an appellate attorney in FL about how hosed up burglary charges were and think someone going this deserves everything the system should send their way

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Wrennic_26 posted:

[url]https://apnews.com/article/yemen-middle-east-cabinets-sanaa-9fd

Meanwhile, a million+ barrels of oil sit in the rusting Safer off Yemens coast; a pending ecological disaster irresolvable during open warfare in Yemen.

https://www.livescience.com/decaying-yemeni-oil-tanker.html

Goddammit. I've always wanted to get back to the red sea for the fish and reefs. It was amazing just snorkeling during a port visit in Jordan.

Fixing this poo poo would be an actually good use of the Seals but war crime opportunities are limited so probably not happening

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Lol that’s like Exxon Mobil or Raytheon turning on the GOP. Yes please fight the liberal stalwart Walton family that sits on $100 billion and closes stores with a whiff of unionization while holding in store food drives for their own employees.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facialimpediment posted:

Oh that’s a paddling.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Lol that’s like Exxon Mobil or Raytheon turning on the GOP. Yes please fight the liberal stalwart Walton family that sits on $100 billion and closes stores with a whiff of unionization while holding in store food drives for their own employees.

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that fascism had a strong populist component that targeted "big business," at least in rhetoric if not in action.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Stultus Maximus posted:

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that fascism had a strong populist component that targeted "big business," at least in rhetoric if not in action.

Kind of. In messaging, yes, but in both Italy and Germany, fascism aligned itself with big business once the fascists were in power. The Nazis made a big show of the Industrialists, in top hats and buisiness wear, eating with the workers, but still allowed them to keep their factories and keep shoveling them money.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

I'm glad the system detected and and intercepted those damaged(?) doses. That much better than folks getting an ineffective vaccination and not suspecting it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CommieGIR posted:

Kind of. In messaging, yes, but in both Italy and Germany, fascism aligned itself with big business once the fascists were in power. The Nazis made a big show of the Industrialists, in top hats and buisiness wear, eating with the workers, but still allowed them to keep their factories and keep shoveling them money.

Yeah, I'm just saying that Hawley's rhetoric here is perfectly consistent with fascism, despite what Greenwald might say.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lake of Methane posted:

I'm glad the system detected and and intercepted those damaged(?) doses. That much better than folks getting an ineffective vaccination and not suspecting it.

Yeah, or worse the person spiking it with something. That said I’m sure there are bunch of safety measures to dedicate someone trying to adulterate the doses.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
What’s the literal worst that could happen if I got one of those doses, with full knowledge it may not work?

Could it fail to grant immunity and prime my body to reject a second, properly stored shot?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Platystemon posted:

What’s the literal worst that could happen if I got one of those doses, with full knowledge it may not work?

Could it fail to grant immunity and prime my body to reject a second, properly stored shot?

Probably does absolutely nothing. I would expect that the part of the vaccine that would "expire" is the mRNA component, not the individual chemicals used to stabilize the mRNA itself. Likely would've been the equivalent of injecting saline unless you had a crazy reaction to the chemicals.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Platystemon posted:

A false sense of security maybe?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/LLinWood/status/1344448775692177409

Yes this is the same guy representing that chud who murdered those protesters

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hot Karl Marx posted:

this is the same guy representing that chud who murdered those protesters

and unfortunately the former attorney for rescue diver and international hero Vernon Unsworth.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Platystemon posted:

and unfortunately the former attorney for rescue diver and international hero Vernon Unsworth.

Yeah, I mean Jesus Christ that decision was pretty vile.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

Milwaukee’s exurbs are filled with the absolute worst people on earth

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://twitter.com/USMC___/status/1344451092885561349?s=19

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

[Every major American city's] exurbs are filled with the absolute worst people on earth

GB3Pwood
Sep 13, 2004
Insult Swordfighter

MazelTovCocktail posted:

We’re going to hit 4,000 a day soon.

I can’t wait to get two doses of that vaccine.

Got a call from the GF yesterday - we have to cancel New Year's plans and won't see each other for a bit (she's an hour away and totally real, I swear). A co-worker came to work sick and uncharacteristically came into her office a couple times that day. GF wears a mask, other lady didn't. She sounded so bad that she finally got pressured into leaving and getting a rapid test. The test came back positive. The GF is scheduled to get a swab-and-send test Friday.

Even if coronavirus wasn't happening, what a loving shitbird you have to be to come in to work like that. Almost a year into this and we're still unable to comprehend basic loving responsibility.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Almost like your employer shouldn't have a goddamn thing to do with your healthcare, weird.

Seriously everyone comes in when they're sick because they get like 2 sick days a year oh and you better have a doctor's note or else that's coming out of your vacation hours.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Wasabi the J posted:

Almost like your employer shouldn't have a goddamn thing to do with your healthcare, weird.

Seriously everyone comes in when they're sick because they get like 2 sick days a year oh and you better have a doctor's note or else that's coming out of your vacation hours.

How dare you oppress those wonderful business owners who grant you the privilege of taking 2 days of work off annually if you're sick.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Good thing we abolished slavery so I can work for good massa paying me during the rona.

I regret the choice I made with that phrasing.

I loving hate this country more and more I realize it doesn't stack up to it's own bullshit fanfiction I believed.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Dec 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Wasabi the J posted:

You guys get sick days?