Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://twitter.com/CuomoPrimeTime/status/1336157469622538240?s=09

https://twitter.com/GeoRebekah/status/1336081235907637255?s=09

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

McNally posted:

States Rights died November 30, 1864.

Don't kill the state right to weed :(

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The CIA doesn't want that Pandora's box opened.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Yes, there certainly wasn't any "tried to slaughter his way into staying in power when Libyans wanted him gone" involved, it was definitely just the CIA. Because the Arab does not actually have agency, you see.

Please make this idea go away, I feel dumber every time I read it.

The CIA doing the coup also feeds into the death of Benjamin Ghazi.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The shuttle, as much as I loved it aesthetically, was absolutely dogshit as a spacecraft and lander.

Rockets are expensive. Rocket fuel is expensiver. Anything that isn't your payload is wasted money, so making a rocket that comes back is easy better than one that sends up the better part of a 737 of dead weight every launch.

Oh you fuckers are fast.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Milo and POTUS posted:

I was about to say a bad time of the year to be potentially injured in the yoop but I honestly expected temperature to be way worse

Thelonious posted:

Yeah this time last year we had like 3 feet of snow on the ground. Right now we only have a dusting and it was over 40 degrees today.

:tif:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah Carter seemed like a decent person and apparently that made him a bad president?

But carter busted the unions for Reagan to mop up so gently caress him anyway.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Tbh I would almost breathe a sigh of relief if Kessler syndrome forced humanity to give up on running from it's loving problems and maybe a billionaire could maybe pretend to give a poo poo about the air or something the people with no money can benefit from.

Like I'm really willing to give up everything in leo. It's all spy poo poo and gps. Who cares I got a compass.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Hyperbole is dead, just like all those people.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

LingcodKilla posted:

Self described incels trying to cap on anyone is just bizarre.

They have unfortunately been pretty successful at capping people.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
What the gently caress does MIC mean? Military intelligence corps?

Blowing people out of their lovely sedans after saying "gently caress america all day" isn't intelligence, it's murder that begets more murder.

Basically I'm not saying anything new here but I think we're the baddies.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Also Google's account services went down for like an hour this AM. Wonder if that's related.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah, gently caress you medical science. Where's all the other vaccines that worked?

Oh almost all of them?

Well... MMR. NYEH!

Like the arguments are dumb as gently caress and you're going to have blood on your hands by delaying this poo poo going out.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
These vaccines have been in the works for a while since the og SARS, too.

You would also be drat sure to hear about the science being bad from their competitors, too, and no one has stepped up to challenge it because it's sound.

We're pretty loving good at making vaccines.

And get your flu shots, damnit!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Apathy is the opiate of the ignorant.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Woofer posted:

Apathy is this country’s pastime. It’s why corporations are able to kill employees with Covid and demand liability protections.

We march and protest primarily as a reactionary measure. Any proactive protests last a day and fizzle off.

We deserve everything we have because we are tacitly ok with it outside of shitposting and complaining online.

"This is our lives on holiday"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1OqtIqzScI

"blast off its party time, and we all live in a fascist nation!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUzd9KyIDrM

"I'm not sick but I'm not well, and it's a sin to live this well"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYsMjEeEg4g

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Dec 15, 2020

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
LMAO just in general. I remember asking "smarter" contractors poo poo this kind of attack in 2011.

Granted it was more of a theoretical exercise but just LMBO

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Zamujasa posted:

IMO Trump wasn't some anomaly. Hindsight and all but Trump is exactly what the GOP had been building towards for years during the Obama prez.

- Fox News propaganda machine running 24/7 with wild conspiracy theories
- The "Tea Party" idiots
- Talk radio becoming somehow even more toxic

When your major media outlets are basically nothing but loud clown barkers at every hour, you end up with an idiot base that loves loud clown barkers. Trump just happened to be there at the right time to capitalize on it.

9/11 was the wet dream of the American fascism and I can no longer be certain the conspiracy theories are 100% wrong.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Over here just smdh y'all expected better.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Stravag posted:

Their highways aren't meant to deal with nearly as much semi traffic right? And aren't semis 99.9% of all actual wear on bridges tunnels and roads?

Italy is the country that had a bridge fall because they used bootleg mafia concrete.

Spain is the country that had to hire the french to build their modern marvel bridge.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

not caring here posted:

What lesbian life partners do is their business.

As a lesbian's son and owner of Subaru, can confirm.

10 year old 3.6 Outback loving great with just regular maintenance.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I like the 5 speed auto on the OB I have. Just a little mushy, but responds to my foot going down quite well even without downshifting.

Also works nice for engine braking.

I don't really know how to drive stick well at all, so caveat to that. But for general commuting and the very light trails it's more than fine.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
or obama will tell u poo poo up and play and then u fold like a bitch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Putin getting a couple extra stocking stuffers.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
man we got a bunch of goddamn succ-rear end Dems.

I had hoped a little, so I suppose that's what I get.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Spoggerific posted:

Yesterday there was a demonstration of a few hundred people claiming that Biden stole the election and that trump is the real winner of the election...

...in Osaka, Japan? :psyduck:

"Don't be fooled by the media's lies! The US election is not over yet!"

https://twitter.com/visiontimesjp/status/1340576175005990914

About the only "news" outlet I could find covering it was basically the Japanese equivalent to Breitbart, so it's not exactly gaining widespread traction over here, but I guess it goes to show there are people with trump brain worms all over the world. It looks like it's mostly just people that are vehemently opposed to anything and everything China, and trump is louder than Biden, so they automatically assume Biden is a Chinese plant in order to hand them Asia on a silver platter or something.

These are also being boosted by far right mutual aid. There's a reason alt right figures showed up in HK during the media's focus on the riots. It's to give the appearance of international support for their agenda; find a whackjob in another country that believes the same horseshit as you and spin them look as legit as possible to your less skeptical target audience.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

facialimpediment posted:

They can't - it's a bill to amend a law already passed (if signed), which is fine. Bill 1 passes and gets signed, Bill 2 passes and gets signed, modifying Bill 1. If Bill 2 gets passed/signed without Bill 1 getting passed/signed first, it's fucky and doesn't work.

A standalone "here's $2K" bill wouldn't affect the $600 in the covid-omnibus, so it would be pushing $2,600.

Yeah can't keep people fed and sheltered without getting in grift.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Still not convinced brexit wasn't a russian long con on the Brits via the conservative powers.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

My guess is those are all sock puppet accounts from Russia stirring the conspiracy.

Don't worry plenty of pants-hatted C-SPAMmers love spreading around anti-CIA conspiracies

Wasabi the J posted:

"We killed epstein in a cell but this dude we let go home to his mom's to die of covid 2 years later."

Am I getting this right?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
In case you're a big dumb like me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkFXxKGFFVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-N_gmK0aYg

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah we're not getting privacy back so we could yell at dumb relatives in social media ever but we can't have a national ID system lmao

We need laws to stop Omni corps

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

RFC2324 posted:

didn't we used to have laws to break up corps that got to big?

was the failure to breakup MS what killed them?

Citizens United was the final nail I would say

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMiOMNIRs3k

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I used to really be into new old top gear with Clarkson and co, I vividly remember watching boris get literally booed ONTO stage years back when he was mayor of London.

I thought about that a lot when he became prime minister.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://twitter.com/USMC___/status/1344451092885561349?s=19

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Almost like your employer shouldn't have a goddamn thing to do with your healthcare, weird.

Seriously everyone comes in when they're sick because they get like 2 sick days a year oh and you better have a doctor's note or else that's coming out of your vacation hours.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Good thing we abolished slavery so I can work for good massa paying me during the rona.

I regret the choice I made with that phrasing.

I loving hate this country more and more I realize it doesn't stack up to it's own bullshit fanfiction I believed.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Dec 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
2020 just getting in those last licks