Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

31 days left in 2020, anyone want to make bets on what other stupid things will happen this year?

Already covered:
Record shattering hurricane season in the Atlantic (one town got in 2 warning cones at the same time!)
Leads to my favorite experience of the year,
evacuating from the NC Outer Banks during a
pandemic
(I called it the “coronacaine
clusterfuck”)
Record breaking wildfires (US and Aus, at the very least)
Mentioned earlier, but bears repeating: COVID
Kobe Bryant’s helo crash (that was January!)
We came close to war with Iran, repeatedly
US started aiding Taliban vs ISIL
Deaths of Chadwick Bozeman, John Lewis, Ruth Bader Ginsburg
CAROL loving BASKIN
George Floyd (and many others :( )
Election clusterfuck (senate control is still up in the air!)

What else have I missed?

Obligatory “John Oliver blows up 2020” video for everyone’s enjoyment:

https://youtu.be/w405p8GeTps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

As Nero Danced posted:

This year's felt like a decade. God I hope 2021 is boring, whoever said "may you live in interesting times" is an rear end in a top hat.

What's left on the natural disaster checklist, volcano?

Volcano, tsunami, and meteor (which has been threatened this year a few times). There have been some decent earthquakes around the world this year, last one being ~7.0 and hitting Turkey right before our Election Day.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Woofer posted:

It’s just hue

:dadjoke: marvelous

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Stop driving this conversation to places we don’t want to go, all you cycle-paths!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Because the first goal of any mlmp post is to stir poo poo and be obnoxious. vOv.

I had to imdb him to remember he played Poe in the new star wars. This is also the first i'm hearing of a Metal Gear Solid movie. Any word on if they're going to try and play it straight, or are they just trying to kojima up a movie?

He’s also going to be Moon Knight, another one from the stable that Disney got from Fox.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Don’t do it, Champ!

God that’s a classic :allears:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Surprising at all that reagan would give a poo poo about the grid

:drat:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Pine Cone Jones posted:

What does that mean?

This is also the day the electoral college meets and makes it actually official that Biden is the next president.

e: Monday is, rather

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Dec 11, 2020

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I thought the House certifying was the official official. Hence why some dispshit Rep from PA plans to object. I mean I don't disagree with you in terms of impact, just that I thought the House certifying was last.

Maybe? Idk, there’s never been a time where we actually had a look at every single step because a gigantic wet baby aggressively shat himself at each and every step along the way.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Midjack posted:

Feds get a choice of plans, some of them are cheap but suck rear end and don’t cover much. If this person was a political appointee he could also have gone uninsured for ideological reasons.

the smartest people :downs:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Didn’t think “throwing someone under the bus” would be literal, but here we are.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

https://twitter.com/civvie11/status/1339373522024624128?s=21

So much :wtc: to unpack with that, not Civvie he’s awesome, just the terms and issues with them.

So much for Fetterman on Twitch.

Real talk I’d absolutely sub to a channel of him playing video games.

Is that the same guy that did the reviews for Plutonia and Evilution (old DooM .wads)?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Platystemon posted:

His wife would catch it only if it were COVID-15.

Holy poo poo :laffo:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

If he had tried to pull this 2 months ago, I think all of us would've blown the entire $2k on drugs by now.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

“Someone blew up my RV” sounds like the next evolution of a country song.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

Nope. It takes no effort or training to create a directional charge- it is literally just how you stack them. This isn't OPSEC or anything- it's in numerous wiki articles.

The idea of cursed favorable geometry shows up a fair bit in the PYF Dangerous Chemistry thread, usually in regards to nuclear weapons...but sometimes with shaped charges too.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

PeterCat posted:

First Space Force LOR?

quote:

YOLO, PS5 > letters of discipline

:patriot:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

bring back those male skirts from those Futurama episodes

Not sure if this is an improvement, but Trump as Brannigan is a bit too on the nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

That one is a classic, but I’m a fan of this one too.

https://youtu.be/1HuhzIVNMcg

Lest we forget a true work of art, Richard Spencer getting punched to the tune of almost anything is a solid pick-me-up :)

https://youtu.be/ZhXyS31BHRA

https://youtu.be/vpVICJzy7jc