Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/oscar-nominated-umbrella-academy-star-171441548.html

Ellen Page just came out as trans and is now Elliot Page, he/him pronouns. Good for him.

Always liked Page's acting in umbrella academy. Really hoping the show doesn't do "well the actor is trans the character is too now" thing where Hollywood likes matching sexual identity or preference to the actual actor for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I just feel like it gives the actor too little credit. When Page was still identifying as Ellen and not openly gay he (do you refer to their ellen pronouns as he or she now they're Eliot?) didn't seem to have any issues playing straight characters. I feel like they latch onto lgbt identifiers as the sole core characterization of the person too often when it's in play

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Its always the best when you have the 30 man packs of bikes filling the entire lane to the dividing line instead of using the 4 foot wide paved bike path thats set off the road for them to use instead of loving up traffic in a 55mpg road

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

NY hates trump though? Not just the city right

All of us

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Wait i missed AFOs were getting new paint. Was there a visualization published ever?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

So what are the odds all the chuds refuse to take the chinese 5G soros vaccine and everyone else is inoculated, leading to a scenario where COVID becomes the Chud Virus?

Can you loving not right now? I dont want to be a lonely island music video in public thanks

Stravag fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Dec 12, 2020

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Man is a goddamn national treasure

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I think my favorite bit of cognitive dissonance from this whole shitshow is people saying that with record numbers of people voting (but only for trump) that its crazy how hard they had to work to steal the election. Its amazing doublethink that only one side of this could have shattered voting records in the country and all other votes are fake. But then again these are also the people who believe that trunp won last time even though there were 3 millions illegal votes cast against him so v0v

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

Josh Barro has been making this point for a while - our number one barrier to infrastructure fixes and improvements is that they're really loving expensive and take too long.

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/1338969053466157064?s=19

It might be applying logic to a situation that deserves none, but it's a reasonable idea. Fuckin talk with the world, steal their ideas for building poo poo faster/better, and then do it.

Their highways aren't meant to deal with nearly as much semi traffic right? And aren't semis 99.9% of all actual wear on bridges tunnels and roads?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I like my vanilla Outback, now that the engine and clutch have been replaced. gently caress ever owning another auto trans or cvt.

My sentra has a cvt and I've never had s problem with it v0v. It's a 2012 tho

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Oh poo poo did i miss the traveller appearing over mars?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Its weird because when my oma just came to the us age cut hair for rich ladies in nyc and when one heard she was engaged gifted her an antique hand carved fining room table and chairs for her and my opa to have. Like a 12 foot table and clawed feet on the chairs. A different one gave them the money to pay the ransom to get german citizens out of nazi germany before ww2. If memory serves it was like 10k a person.I think there may be a shift that happened in either actual old money behavior or what people are considering old money

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Im always taken aback by "well we're gonna start treating people less like disposable equipment, why not just act like their lives matter too!?!?" as if its the worst possible thing that could happen

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

The 2nd round requires a separate activation action, the release of the trigger. E;fb

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

This is the first good thing associated with dmb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Not in God's time zone

EST is OST