Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/01/politics/presidential-pardon-justice-department/index.html

quote:

The filings don't reveal a timeline of the alleged scheme, or any names of people potentially involved, except that communications between people including at least one lawyer were seized from an office that was raided sometime before the end of this summer.

Prosecutors told the court they wanted permission to the filter team's holdings. The prosecutors believed the devices revealed emails that showed allegedly criminal activity, including a "secret lobbying scheme" and a bribery conspiracy that offered "a substantial political contribution in exchange for a presidential pardon or reprieve of sentence" for a convicted defendant whose name is redacted, according to the redacted documents.

My money’s on Stone but I could see manafort or Flynn trying this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Giuliani for the long one, Flynn Trump and Stone for the short ones

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Yeah don’t forget how the Marshals executed the guy who defended himself in Portland, and the way the security guard in Denver got thrown under the bus immediately by his employers for defending himself.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Discussion Quorum posted:

This roughly parallels a realization I had a little while back. The resistance movements of WW2 were able to accomplish a lot through blending in and/or being able to hide out in relatively remote places with the help of a generally supportive population.

Can you imagine having do that today? You'd have FLIR-equipped Predators hunting for you 24/7, everything about you and who you talk to is in a database that is protected only by a thin veneer of rights that a fascist government could easily strip away, and good luck leaving no electronic traces without withdrawing from society entirely.

As demonstrated by the fact that the Taliban is winning in Afghanistan, while it is difficult to operate against the US, it is by no means impossible.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

A goon everyone was calling a cop two weeks ago.

He should’ve made fewer “how do you do fellow antifa” posts

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It’s hilarious then Trump somehow managed to out do Clinton and Carter in this area (and yes I get it’s Iran doing the heavy lifting for him and I don’t mean to imply King Stupid and Jarred have done stuff on their end), since it’s not like those deals were with democratic governments (Jordan not being as bad). Honestly I’m fine with it as it further boxes Iran in, stabilizes the American allied/friendly states and moves American product too. That’s to say nothing of bilateral relations between Israel and the other countries in general. Like I’m legitimately happy about this.

And before anyone mentions the Palestinians, this isn’t any different then how most Arab states have viewed them in the past two or so decades...they’re just saying the quiet part loud. It’s unfortunate, but such is global politics. That said it may lead to some sort of long term deal...and look Bibi is eventually going to be gone.

Anyway back to Cyberpunk

This is a truly, spectacularly stupid and short-sighted post.

Delegitimizing Western Sahara’s struggle for independence and self-government while shoring up the apartheid Israel’s position in one fell swoop, what a win for the global community. As long as we get to move American product!

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Boogaloo is an anti-government ideology, not a group.

Proud Boys are “proud western chauvinists” and claim to not be racist so they use minority members as a fig leaf.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Discussion Quorum posted:

Nah that was them, Kyle Whatshisface aka Based Stickman took over (or claims to), and I hate myself for being aware of any of this.

Kyle Chapman, self-proclaimed leader of the “Proud Goys”

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Natty Ninefingers posted:

Is the peanut butter shot still a thing?

It was as of 2013 when I got 4 over the course of boot/MCT

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

I have an extremely hard time believing Mayor Pete would fake being gay in order to get elected to office in the same state that elected Governor Mike Pence

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Platystemon posted:

In short, gentrification creates material problems for the people already living there.

“Hispanics moving in or black people from Chicago moving in” creates imaginary problems.

It creates the very real problem of me having to adjust my budget so I have enough money available to support the greater diversity of restaurants and other businesses available near me

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

The direct payment has a couple of benefits. First it fills in the donut hole of coverage between people who are able to receive unemployment benefits and the people functionally unaffected by the crash. Essentially the entirety of what's left of the middle class, as well as a large chunk of the working class fall into that hole.

Second, it helps a lot of people free up some money to get things circulating in the economy again. For a lot of people all it does is help them keep their heads above water, but for others it helps them have discretionary cash that can be put back into the economy.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I thought this was a confirmed fact

Yeah Russia used the same information warfare techniques to get support for Brexit that they did to get support for Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Given the amount of outreach and acceptance the political right has given to fringe conspiracy groups over the last 4 years, actual grounding in political reality is no longer required to be a politically motivated terrorist. Right wing figureheads have actively encouraged anti-5G and all sorts of other ungrounded conspiracy violence